1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfiction's Worst Ideas

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Peter North, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

While your searching the web for a decent fic to read you have to wade through fics that you wonder just why they were published in the first place.

We have a "Fanfiction's worst Summaries" thread so I thought how about a thread for fics you come across that when you read the summary you wonder why the idea was even used.

Sometimes it's so bad you want to cry other times its so bad it's funny well here you go.

Is it possible that the idea could actually be twisted in to a decent fic?

Naked at Hogwarts?! -:- Published : June 3, 2013
    Updated : April 18, 2016 10:10 am -:- Rated : Adult ++ -:- Chapters : 8 -:- Reviews : 19 -:- Cat Pokes : 46894
    Located : Harry Potter > General

The wizard council have heard about the hugely popular Program from America that has students in their high schools walking around naked. In a shock decision, they have planned to implement it into Hogwarts for a trial run.

Hogwarts High

COMPLETE WITH EPILOGUE! Hogwarts High is a normal high school. The HP kids have no magic. This is a story about normal kids attending a high school with a weird name.
    Rated: Fiction T - English - Humor/Romance - Harry P., Ginny W. - Chapters: 26 - Words: 92,822 - Reviews: 827 - Favs: 426 - Follows: 87 - Updated: Jun 8, 2005 - Published: Jan 29, 2003 - Status: Complete - id: 1209036

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  2. Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid Professor

I should point out, this isn't an idea the author has pulled out of the aether. Naked at School is a 'popular' genre in the erotic lit community, if one I've never cared for myself, dating all the way back to 2001's Karen Naked in School. It won the Golden Clitorides Award for best Best Series in the 2004 for example and is probably up there with the likes of Master PC, the Swarm Cycle and Damsels In Distress in terms of shared universes by number of stories and number of different authors.

The basic idea is that the Program has been implemented in the protagonist's school. The Program selects a number of participants (sometimes two, one male, one female, sometimes more). These participants must spend the week at school naked and accept 'reasonable requests' from their classmates. The alleged goal of all this is to make people more accepting of their bodies IIRC.

Exactly what this all varies from author to author, and as I said, not my cup of tea so I agree it could never work. That said, it is not really a fanfiction idea, rather a original erotic lit idea applied to fanfiction.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016