1. Another story competition is beginning! (Q1 2018)

"You're bleeding on my floor."

We've moved to a quarterly format, so you really have no excuse not to participate this time.

So check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum and get cracking.

Dismiss Notice

Fanfiction's Worst Reviews

Discussion in 'FanFic Discussion' started by Moridin, Jul 7, 2010.

1. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    A guest review for Lesser Evils on FFN:

My guess is this is @LordPotter, the latest exceptional retard that graced DLP's hallowed halls. I don't recall antagonizing anyone on r/HPfanfiction recently.

That same person (judging by time frame, guest review status, and the level of butthurt), also left a review for LE's sequel:

The cunt looks even stupider for it, because this story has not even been submitted for review.

2. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

He's somewhat of a regular Anon on FF.net. I recall good comments from him, personally. And while you can debate the tone (or you can't, really, seeing we care about content, not intent): he's partly right.

The Atrium is on level 8, so you first drive down (from above ground), and then up again (except for levels 9 and 10). It's, like he says, an underground 10 storey-building (though he does appear to get the entrance wrong) :p

3. Inert

Inert Auror

I always love when people tell me how to write my own fics:

4. Corvus Black

Corvus Black Seventh Year

I saw those, Inert.

They were funny as fuck. Literally none of his suggestions were anywhere near as good as what you actually wrote, and that side plot was a true headscrathcer.

5. Inert

Inert Auror

@Corvus Black I just don't understand the idea of giving someone completely foreign plot ideas in a review. If you feel so strongly, write it yourself. That's how all of my fics started.