1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfiction's Worst Summaries v10.0

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Syaoran, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Distaly

Distaly Fifth Year

I am impressed that me managed to make that stupid plot point even more convenient and cheaper .

2. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I recently "read" a fic , where a genie appears to harry and tells him how Manipulative Dumbledore is and everything else, just because.

The Many Faces of Harry Potter by Fayanora reviews
    Harry Potter is a wizard, which surprises him. But Harry Potter is also a Multiple, which surprises everyone. But that's not the end of the surprises. Note: Trans!Harry eventually. If this bothers you, take your transphobic self elsewhere.
    Rated: K+ - English - Drama/Humor - Chapters: 18 - Words: 186,140 - Reviews: 94 - Favs: 168 - Follows: 247 - Updated: Jul 8 - Published: Jul 22, 2015 - Harry P., Ron W., Hermione G., OC

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  3. chaosattractor

chaosattractor Groundskeeper

High Score:
    How can you be eventually trans? You either are or you aren't.

4. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Taking a guess; it's about the realisation.

5. Ghosthree3

Ghosthree3 Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Well I mean, before surgery, after surgery.

6. FloreatCastellum

FloreatCastellum First Year

High Score:
    Not quite, many trans people ultimately never get surgery at all. But you could say that starting hormone treatment or presenting as the preferred gender is when someone "becomes" trans, I suppose.

Does anyone know what a Multiple is? :confused:

7. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

In there it means he has multiple personas (MPD).

8. chaosattractor

High Score:
    This will of course be intelligently and competently handled by the author.

9. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    You guys forget that this story is set in a magical world. Transfiguration helps a lot on this regard, and you can hex every transphobic oppresor that doesn't agree with your worldview.

10. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Like hexing them so their genitals switch.

11. Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid Professor

Nah. I'm pretty sure multiple means special snowflake Tumblr 'headmates', not the real medical condition.

I first heard about this particular insanity a few years ago when I read a news report of the Sydney University Branch of National Labor Students breaking away from the national organisation. They gave a list of grieves, among them: "A prominent member of the caucus, now a National Office Bearer, who believes in ‘headmates’ – other identities that occupy your body, and can claim different ethnicities or sexualities, thus allowing you to join an autonomous caucus (for instance queer or women’s) you were not otherwise entitled to join."

Edit: And yes I was right. Headmates in chapters 10, 13 and 16

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  12. chaosattractor

High Score:
    Has no-one heard of sarcasm?

Beyond that, the actual condition (DID, incidentally - MPD is outdated language) does have instances of self-states with different identities than the primary.

13. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Chief Warlock

This is the dumbest fucking derail. Have some content.

"CHAPTER Granger. . . Draco always u13.[Excerpt C13 : " The man clucked his tongue. "You have no originality ses that term to call his father." "Which one? The monkey or the bastard?" Hermione let out a brave snort..."] DM/HG/HP. READ ON. R&R"

"Draco has a white rose. The rose is stained with Harry Potter's blood, sweat and tears. It stands in a glass cabinet suspended by Magic on Draco's desk. The nymphs in the snow globe next to it are scared of it."

"Draco Malfoy, age 180, has a terrible curse on him from when he was sixteen. Some say it's a mericle but not him. He lost his love the day the curse started and since then he's been suicidle and sick, but nothing can kill him."

"During the Second War Ron is killed and Hermione is forced to relive the day he was murdered at his funeral (horrible summary, but it's better than it sounds)."

"Everything ever to exist has an opposite. An up and a down, a happy and sad, a big and a small. Life and death. 350 years ago, there was a girl with The Senses, but something else as well. A negative particle. Now, Voldemort has gotten hold of the positive, and the only thing to keep him from becoming more powerful is that one negative particle. Jessica Mauring has The Senses and the negative as well, and is fighting to stay alive. The girl began this war, unknowingly. Will Jessica become her opposite, and finish it, or will the particle become the death of her, as it has for the previous three owners"

"Ginny starts a Hogwarts News Paper. It seem's like a good idea at first but she never heard the saying Cruisty killed the cat. One person can save her from the most unhumman doom but will he?"

The following two are particular favourites.

"I wrote this fic in all of ten minutes.Its not great but I like it.Harry and Snape are a lovers. Until Harry kicks the bucket. Sorry everybody but I figured you should know going into it that is was written to make you wanna cry."

"If I wrote a summary, wouldn't that make people not want to read it? Exactly why would I do something like that? I want people to read my stuff. Isn't that the whole point of this?"

14. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    Σίγμα Τρία by Watermelonsmellinfellon reviews
    Humanity has evolved and the Secondary Genders change the world! Harry Potter was not expecting these sudden changes that came with being an Omega. The Wizarding World was not expecting it either, but certainly took the revelation much better than the Muggle World did. This opened up new avenues for them to approach. A/N: Omega-verse. Sigma-Harry/Alpha-Voldy. GoF/AU. SLASH.
    Rated: M - English - Romance/Adventure - Chapters: 6 - Words: 16,575 - Reviews: 179 - Favs: 477 - Follows: 652 - Updated: Jul 14 - Published: Jun 17 - [Harry P., Voldemort]

15. chaosattractor

High Score:
    Burn it. Burn it with fire.

16. Ghosthree3

Ghosthree3 Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I want tumblr to leave and time to be rewound.

17. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Omega, sigma? What the hell...

This is why I don't tell people I read fanfiction.

18. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Chief Warlock

Just say you read lots of unpublished stories from independent authors online

19. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    Uncrown Prince by Grim24 reviews
    Ashiya Caulter The heir to the throne of Halkedia kingdom Falsefuly accuse of being a killer of his father's another noble is disown and banish he will rise to the top ' I swear to myself i'll become the strongest Non-familia adventurer and conquer Dungeons of the Orario and i will comeback for what all of you did' Multi-cross OC/character Naruto/Fate/Zero No Tsukaima/and more.
    Rated: M - English - Hurt/Comfort/Adventure - Chapters: 6 - Words: 35,732 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 6 - Follows: 5 - Updated: Jul 29 - Published: Jul 22 - OC

20. gonzalvus

gonzalvus Squib

The Cheetah Girls
    Harry and Ginny get back together after the war and prepare for their seventh (and final) year at Hogwarts. That's when Ginny decides that she wants to enter the very first school talent show in hopes of winning concert tickets to her favorite wizard band The Dragons and forms a singing group. Based on the Disney channel original movie.
    Harry Potter - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Friendship - Chapters: 15 - Words: 23,387 - Follows: 1 - Updated: Aug 12 - Published: Aug 5 - Harry P., Ron W., Hermione G., Ginny W. - Complete

I can't even...