1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfiction's Worst Summaries v2.0

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Master Slytherin, Feb 3, 2007.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

I'm not joking, this is quite possibly to greatest summary ever, well upto the last 6 words. I don't think I will read it though because I'm confident the story won't do the summary justice.

I really wanted to know what went through the mind of the author when they came up with the story

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  2. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Dr. Evil, perhaps?

3. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

I couldn't help it. I had to see that fic. Voldemort's been replaced with a cuddly, gay old man who likes to spill his secrets to a kitten. Frankly, you need only replace "Voldemort" with some random hairy-backed homosexual who answered an ad looking for a Teddy Bear to really understand just how creepy it is, despite the obliviousness of the fangirl writing this.

But if you accept sweet, lovable, baby murdering Tom, and have any interest in reading further, the author's treating it all seriously and in a pretty simple readable format.
    The kitten justice, "that's for killing my parents," cracked me up.

And near the end of the quote, "Fine you win"? Hey! Prophecy fulfilled.

That quote's from chapter 2, which ends with Harry playing with string and promises of bath time next chapter. That's as far as my gag reflex goes.

4. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

* blink *
    * blink *
    That was actually... pretty amusing. I can see what Tom sees - a cat acting like a cat - nasty, dismissive, and fairly easy to intimidate, so long as you don't turn your back on it.
    Maybe I'll look it up.

Edited to add:
    Oh. I went back up to the link, and saw the "HPTR." On second ... I mean third ... thought, maybe I won't.

5. LadyKitti

LadyKitti Second Year

Yeah the idea almost amused me the first time I saw it...till I saw the pairing. The whole TRHP kitten sex thing creeps me out.

~Kitti

6. Nadino

Nadino Third Year

1. shadow warrior » reviews
    Matt sterling once new zealands top auror takes harry from teh dursleys door step, with abonormal control over the elements and shadows what will harry become once he's fully trained
    Harry Potter - Fiction Rated: M - English - Adventure/General - Chapters: 3 - Words: 5,699 - Reviews: 36 - Updated: 5-20-08 - Published: 3-15-08

crap.. was searching fanfiction.net and that was the first story I laid my eyes on.. hell.. it hurts

7. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

Abnormal is right.

8. LadyKitti

LadyKitti Second Year

Hello again....
    So, I log on today and find a private message from someone I don't know on the dlp forums:

Lay Kitty,

I'm o_OrAveNcLaW.bUbBlEso_O, and i'd really like it if you didn't poke fun at me, becuase i'm a HUGGGGGGGGGGE Harry Potter fan; although i may not be able to see the next movie, as i'm a lukemia patient, and i'm trying to have all the fun i can in my life. okay? jsut thought you might want to know ;)

I was confused as to who this was...til I went back and looked at my previous post where I had linked a fic with a really annoying summery:

Wizard's Live Messenger » by o_O RaVeNcLaW.bUbBlEs o_O reviews The best chat logs EVERRRRRRRRR! xD anywyas, after a myseterious eternitical absence, i have resurfaced onto the face of this earth, and i come bearing a sixth chapter. LALALALAAAAAA! LALALLALAAAAAAA! RR&RR&RR&RR&RR xD

Is this common? Do people usually google their own fics? I find it odd this person took the time to try and guilt trip me. I am a softy at heart, but this could be a pack of lies for all I know.
    Well miss o_OrAveNcLaW.bUbBlEso_O, if you are reading this I do wish you luck, but writing fanfiction that appears to be written by a 12 year old so hyper they should be in a sugar induced coma isn't going to ingratiate yourself with everyone.

~Kitti

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  9. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

You are mean. :(

10. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

And you are Vermin.

As for that fic:

Where is the fire when you need it?

11. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Rofl. Eh, I mean: LALALALAAAAAA!

... Edit: I got one, too. For all you Aussies here.

An Australian Wizard » by LionofPerth reviews
    Harry Potter is an Australian farmer, more in the summary inside. Abit of fun, a bit of love and still alittle action.
    Harry Potter - Fiction Rated: T - English - General - Chapters: 9 - Words: 18,995 - Reviews: 23 - Updated: 2-10-08 - Published: 10-17-07

How does that sound?

12. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Shamefully, I will admit that yes, I google my fics and/or username every once in a while. It's interesting finding out which odd sites are linking or where recommendations pop up.

And in case "o_O RaVeNcLaW.bUbBlEs o_O" is still watching this thread and doesn't really have leukemia, allow me quote one of my fics, “Tom, you know your mama’s so fat she fell in love and broke it.”

On the other hand, if she's watching this thread and does have leukemia: Shit. Sucks to be you. Take my advice: your time is MUCH better spent staying away from DLP. Nothing but negativity around here. Trust me.

13. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

14. Hira.Humbert

Hira.Humbert First Year

13. Peroid Pains by 5redroses I don't want to give to much away. Hmm, what can I tell you without spoiling it? It's a oneshot with Ginny as the main character, set just after the last battle. Complete - Fiction Rated: K - English - Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 1 - Words: 327 - Reviews: 0 - Updated: 5-24-08 - Published: 5-24-08

I read it, it's as dumb as it's title. When I saw this fic I couldn't believe someone would write about period pains... :wall:

15. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

{Shrugs}

70% chance she (He/it) is lying for sympathy, but it's always possible she (he/it) are telling the truth I suppose.

Google my own fics?
    <.<
    >.>
    -.-"

course not... My author name I google on occasion, but that's mainly to see if I come up anywhere but DLP and FF.net

No really... Not lying at all...

16. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

This shit is big, so it's time for a new thread.

You can find v3.0 here.

Not open for further replies.