1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Grand Order

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Solfege

Solfege Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

If you have to reduce bonus by even 1, it's not worth going to 50AP. Technically you can reduce -1 servant for 50AP and retain sock equivalence, but 40AP will be quicker regardless.

50AP can suck it. I'm already traumatized wasting a quartz after my command seals just to get Scathath's last 10k HP. I dunno how people were theorizing (50) David, (50) Robin, (80) Salter were supposed to cut it to round 3 intact with NPs drawn --- my entire front line got demolished by Altera and her lancer buddies.

2. Ven Arima

Ven Arima Slug Club Member

Is the only way to increase your ribbon/star/silver bell gain by acquiring the 5 Star CE from the event rewards or the gacha?

3. Solfege

5* CE for stars, 4* CE for bells, 3* CE for ribbons.

Farm 10AP for ribbons, 20AP for bells is how I'm doing it. I've spent probably 100k FP on the gacha now and got 4 total +ribbon CEs.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  4. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Thanks. Looks like it's basically the same. 3.63 socks per ap for 40. 3.52 for 50.

Will probably keep doing 50s simply because of all the extra crap you get.

5. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

I'm torn. I don't think I can do the 50AP with double Santa + Robin. It's too unreliable. Altera is too good of a beatstick. I have to take her out with Robin's NP. The thing is, that after Altera we get face to face with Carmilia who needs to be taken out even quicker or else she kills both Santas.

If you can take them out quickly then you can kill the last wave relatively quick specially if you got Caesar right behind waiting to kill Sca if needed.

Meanwhile with Jack I can do her + Santa + Robin with 2030 which will produce Crits every other turn and her NP build is good enough that I can use her to kill Carmilia while I kill Altera with Crits.

6. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I've been able to do 50AP with

Darius (50)
    Alter (75)
    Jack (90)
    Nursery (45)
    Caesar (30)
    Marie (50)

They usually take me to Caesar by the end. I've been save scumming in a fashion by closing the game if the enemy picks targets that would wipe me and reopening to redo my turn.

7. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lol. Alterra crit my Shishou for 11k.

I only want 4 more fangs. Everything after that is just Gucci. I have no desire to roll the rng dice messing with 50.

8. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

I don't need anything from 50ap that I can't get from 40ap so I go with the faster option. The Master EXP is nice but I'm not really desperate for levels.

9. cheirus

cheirus First Year DLP Supporter

So I have a lvl 80 Santa Alter with a LB CE Holy Night, but no one on my friends list does. Anyone here mind if I friend them?

My friend code is 880,934,609 if anyone wants to use mine. ID: Eve Hypatia.

10. Solfege

Lol, probably should've done this. Wait, so RNG resets? I'mma check out some other strategies, namely David/Salter/Salter.

11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I've been experimenting and found that this lineup gets me through 50 without too much trouble, and I'm only losing -1 bonus, which makes it more worthwhile.

80 Jeanne with NP gen up
    50 David with +80%NP
    90 Salter with MLBHSN
    |||
    80 Martha MLBHSN
    80 Salter with +75%NP
    40 Ceasar with HSN

Jeanne's massive HP pool and David's soak skills let you stall relatively effectively through the first two Altera turns and let's you generate some NP on Salter. I blow Altera away with David's NP if needed.

He dies within a turn of skills falling off. Martha jumps in. Spend one more turn clearing lancer/rider mobs

Burn Camilla as quickly as possible with whatever quads are available, I use Jeanne's NP to stall through the NP. Martha will clear Jeanne's stun, but she'll probably die soon afterward and 2nd Salter jumps in almost fully charged.

Double Salter NP wipes everyone in first turn of third round except Scath. The trick is then just surviving through her last 30k hp. :(

12. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

I'm gonna test a 70 Robin + 50 David + 80 Salter + 80 Altera + 50 Caesar + 40 Darius now. Wish me luck.

13. Hopper

Hopper Fourth Year

I've been finding that this lineup gets me through mostly fine.

70 Robin with Halloween Petit Devil
    60 Darius with Halloween Petit Devil
    80 Salter

80 Salter
    70 Marie
    70 Caesar

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  14. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

15. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I really do want Mordred, but I know Jeanne Alter comes after London, so my Saberface harem will have to take a hit. Tears.

16. Solfege

Trying a battle now, so I see RNG doesn't reset but tacking a different card sequence cues a different follow-up. Ok, lol, let's see what combination of cards ensures Altera doesn't wipe Salter (on her last legs but w/ NP charged).

Saberface is one of the stupidest things about this franchise.

Edit: Reindeer crits. Jeezus, I can't even build NPs on my archers like this. O whew, at least releasing that NP took out Altera, but I got nuttin for round 2 while my frontline all goes down.

I'm not sure experimenting is worth the cost. Limited apples here and every battle I lose sets me further back. "If you lose just 1 in 10 of your 50 AP runs (hell, more like 1 in 11), you've just lost the edge farming 50 AP has over 40 AP."

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  17. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Ideally you wouldn't be using any NP at all during the first round. Are you losing frequently at 50AP?

Also, cleared out 3 more inactive friends - 477,819,585. Have Level 80 Santa with MLB HNS CE equipped if anyone needs that. I'm out of skill gems though so her skills are stuck at 4/1/4 for now.

18. Solfege

Nah, it was just the once I tried. I got Lancer Reindeer against my archer frontline. I might give it another go now that I've leveled up a bit more. But for clearing speed, 40AP is best anyway. I've 20 boxes to clear at 46 apples to use up, and it still takes me 12-13 turns to clear 40AP with 60 David + 80 Salter + 80 Salter. (Sooner if I don't stumble building those NPs).

19. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Well I guess it depends on what team you are running. I was trying the 50AP with Robin frontline with Salter, but the lancer reindeer are too big dicks to do that really.

Since I've swapped in my 90 Herc with two Salters, it's been pretty smooth. I average maybe 10/11 turns each time, which is about the same as 40AP though I do have to pay a little more attention. If you have a similar carry, you might find 50AP faster.

I think the calculator says it's worth dropping a +1 bonus and 50AP remains better.

20. Solfege

Hm, alright. I can try 80 Herc with the Salters. I thought my bottleneck would be Scathach, as I won't be able to substitute Okita in. But if the Salters pull this off... and yea, averaging 10/11 turns on 40AP now.

Edit: First time had trouble building up Salter NPs during round 1; and round 2 is of course no place for that. Round 3, Scathach leaves me at a disadvantage but Marie (!) of all people may be able to finish off, just barely, unless I can get Herc to survive a couple more turns. 16 turns total. If I can get the hang of this...