1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Grand Order

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Total Summons: Added 104 SQ to the Total SQ of each country, divided by 3, added tickets.
    Summons per day: Divided Total Summons by 365.

Taiwan:
    Total Summons: 217
    Summons per day: 0.59

North America:
    Total Summons: 237
    Summons per day: 0.64

Korea:
    Total Summons: 238
    Summons per day: 0.65

Japan:
    Total Summons: 247
    Summons per day: 0.67

China:
    Total Summons: 267
    Summons per day: 0.73

My math is probably wrong in some way, I fully admit that I'm shit at math.

Basically people just want mathematical proof that NA is getting screwed over. Even if the math panned out and showed that, DW wouldn't give a shit. FGO is raking in the cash, despite having harsh gacha rates. And boycotts don't work nowadays, maybe a dedicated flooding of their social media would accomplish something... public shaming via social media has become the most viable tactic to get a reaction.

Personally I just want an accurate spreadsheet so people will shut the fuck up about it. If it turns out we're getting screwed, I'll be appropriately angry. If not, then at least it'll be over... right up until we don't get something that JP got.

2. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

They do some. They gave us an extra free 4*, they improved translations dramatically after the initial release shitstorm, etc

Boycotts work. I made a post about this. They're just hard to come across, but the ragemachine is a powerful thing. I will just apologize for the overly aggressive tone on it because the person I was answering to was kind of a moron and kept arguing that FGO only needed whales to survive and it would be perfectly fine if it alienated everyone but them.
    TLDR is basically that FGO is a game of popularity, it needs a good rep and word of mouth to stay strong, both to keep their players and attract new one, and it relies on free advertising to do that (Reddit, Twitter and Facebook) since DW doesn't actually have the money or willingness to run advertising blitz on media channels like AAA publishers do or even Clash of Clans and other MOBAs;

And regarding the feeback, DW does answer to players demand pretty quickly if its big enough, if not in a blatant feedback way. DW seems to prefer to throw bones to the playerbase and quietly improving the problems behind the scenes so people that bitch look silly after a while when its fixed.

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm sure Aniplex has some sort of social media manager whose sole job is to tweet/forum/facebook and prep reports on the mood of the community. Most companies do this nowadays.

That said, at best, all those reddit threads, survey results, and twitter tirades will be reduced to a bullet point in a report somewhere.

4. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So, got Saber Alter, Saber Lily, Emiya, Orion, FSN Cu, Martha, Medea, Shiki, Herc and Tomamo Cat as high as I can without either grailing or ascending further. Need lots of mats for Emiya, Saber Alter, Tomamo, Herc, Orion and Martha to get them further, though and that is probably going to take a while. Claws of Chaos and Heart of a Foreign God are especially breaking my neck here, like 3 or 4 of my servants need like 5 (+/-1) of them, so I guess I have to farm the Surveillance Forest in America until the heat death of the universe. Also giving leveling Hans Christian Anderson a shot for now, but since I until now only ever got one of him and not more to lvl his NP might take a while for him to truly shine.

Oh and Mash but haven't finished the latest story mode thing, so she is lvl 60 for now.

I could ascend Medusa right now but am hesitant to do so, mainly because she needs a lot of phoenix feathers and Orion needs them later as well and pretty sure my one five star should take precedent there.

On a more positive note, am having a lot of fun combining Saber Alter and Emiya with you guys' Waver, so might actually grail my Saber Alter if I ever get the necessary mats to get to lvl 80. Saber Alter's attack animation is really cool and quite like her so far, so yeah.

Are the wellfare servants Elisabeth Bathory (halloween) and Sakata Kintoki worth leveling to 40 if one lacks their ascension materials? Doubt their events are going to be repeated any time soon so not sure if it is worth wasting the xp stuff there but who knows maybe the halloween even will actually be repeated this year again.

5. Mestre

Mestre Professor

@Nemrut

Next event you can buy hearts and claws on the shop.
    http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/FGO_2016_Summer_Event#Cement

Elisabeth Bathory (halloween) will have a rerun this year(the last opportunity to get her) and finally, Grail Saber alter if she if your waifu if she isn´t you have better targets.

It is a shame that you did not get Kintoki, he is amazing. Kintoki + Origin bullet makes me super happy every time I see a caster boss xD

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  6. Nemrut

High Score:
    Yeah, I tuned into FGO again at the last day of that event or so, so I could barely do enough missions to get one copy of him but didn't get to grind his ascension stuff. From what I have seen, he's a pretty solid char.

And that's really good to know, thanks @Mestre . Going to wait for that then and just keep grinding the XP stuff. Is it going to be on the same dates in August then?

7. Mestre

Mestre Professor

Probably 3 weeks after Camelot release so 19th July but I could be wrong. xD

8. Dr. Strange Lulz

[​IMG]

You have a pretty solid lineup, there's no need to grail anybody unless you really want to. Just make sure you do EMIYA's strengthening quest tomorrow, it's a big deal for him.

As much as it pains me to say it, you can skip Medusa (Why couldn't we have gotten her as a 4* instead of Stheno... I would have been stoked for Lancer Medusa if it was the one from the anime, who A. Was sexy as hell B. Killed Shinji C. Had Harpe. But no we got a fucking loli with Harpe drawn incorrectly.)

Most of the year 1 welfares get reruns, so you and anybody else that missed one will have a chance to get them.

9. Nemrut

High Score:
    Do i need to be max lvl in terms of ascension to be able to do the strengthening quest for Emiya? Because if so, that's not gonna happen until then.

edit: yeah looked it up, needs lvl 4 ascension. Unfortunate. Is it really only going to be available tomorrow?

And yeah, dunno, medusa was rather underwhelming so far. She never really did much damage with her normal attacks and her NP is hard to launch without CEs. At least her stun is useful at times.

The one event I want a rerun off is the event for Saber Lily, tbh. Kicked myself for completely missing that. Apparently it is necessary to make her somewhat decent.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  10. Dr. Strange Lulz

Nah, it'll be available forever. I just said tomorrow since that's when it becomes available.

Yeeaaah you're probably gonna have to wait until 2020 for that one. Saber Wars didn't get a rerun in JP until this year, same with KnK. Sorry.

11. Nemrut

High Score:
    Oh good, was afraid there for a bit xD

Well that's suboptimal. Is the game even going to run that long xD?

12. Mestre

Mestre Professor

@Nemrut just don't miss the best loli next month because of JP dint rerun this one. She is one of the best archers and she is free.

13. Dr. Strange Lulz

Barring unforeseen events that would necessitate closing, like massive player count drop? I'd say yes. @Invictus made a great post with some of their earnings a little while ago, but to sum it up - FGO makes a truly absurd amount of money.

14. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Not to mention that Part 2 only started in Japan, and that'll likely last until 2020 by itself.

15. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Napoleon is maximum derpy.

16. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

The Fate Franchise, due in 95% FGO, just became the third most profitable franchise in Japan. In 2018 it was more profitable than One Piece, Naruto, Kamen Rider or the likes.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder...eb38fabd78&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=8u88xh

While not reaching such ubiquitous levels, Fate NA has been very healthy and frankly their plans for it are to be a an entry point to nasuverse for most fans. They want to being the whole shebang here, and they bet that FGO is that way. Direct profits aren't as important as in FGO JP. And with Monster Hunter World massive success worldwide and DW expanding FGO to a bunch of new App Stores officially (Australia and SE Asia) making NA basically the global version of FGO, I expect this game to last a few more years.

17. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

If that is their plan, and make some profit while at it, then why hasn’t it expanded into EU yet?

18. Dr. Strange Lulz

Possibly because they're far more likely to encounter regulation issues there. Just look at how Belgium responded to lootboxes. There's absolutely no way that FGO and other gachas wouldn't be labeled as gambling. They've survived so far, but it just takes one bad event to really get the ball rolling.

19. Nemrut

High Score:
    Part 2 as in FGO 2?

Holy shit, Detective Conan is still that popular and profitable. Also weirdly surprised Love Live if nr. 1 even though I probably shouldn't be.,

20. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Part 2 as in the stuff that happens after Epic of Remnant. The story isn't done after you beat Solomon.