1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Grand Order

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

That's... Still incredibly suboptimal since the only reason you're keeping Jeanne and Tamamo are for their NPs. You're sacrificing the ability to Buster Crit (2030 + Crit bonus) for a team that mostly only heals with one turn invincibility and the skill CD being the big advantage. Jeanne stuns herself which is another big point against her.

Waver + Hans with 2030s produce 26 Stars in 3/5 turns, increases crit damage to the DPS by 70% for 3/5 turns, and then you have the Damage and Defense Up modifers with Waver allowing a free 50% NP charge every six turns.

Running a Zerker team that isn't focused on maximum output is a bad strategy imo. They're meant to do a lot of damage. While increasing their survival for a bit is great, a fight that needs a stall team or to take sustained damage for a long time (like AoE Bosses) are a shit place to bring a Zerk if you're gonna spend 10-15 turns there.

The triple Arts thing is common among all Casters so it is applied to Waver, Hans and Co.

Jeanne and Tamamo in your set up have their skills wasted, or sub-utilized (since Fox Wedding is an amazing thing to out on someone with an offensive Arts NP) and rely almost completely on their No to contribute, while Waver and Hans skills and NP are incredibly useful and converge in a Zerks strong point .

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Agree to disagree then.

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

NSFW
    [​IMG]

4. Ven Arima

Ven Arima Slug Club Member

It appears the gacha gods have forsaken me. Can't say I'm surprised but fuck am I angry.

Maybe next time SunBro, HarpArcher.

Guess it's time to start putting in work on Robin.

5. Inquisition

Inquisition Canadian Ambassador to Japan DLP Supporter

And conversely, I have received both two Gawains and LArtoria. /brag

6. Simplicity

Simplicity Third Year

Rolled and got two very important drops. One is Tristain,
    who I was tempted to burn purely due to him being a murderous bastard in Camelot
    and the second was my first Kaleidoscope drop. Yay.

7. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

They stick to the JP event calendar for damn near everything, except for the banner I'm actually excited for. Nope, that gets pushed back.

It actually makes perfect sense though, this is a way better spot for the second Camelot banner.

...Doesn't mean I'm not salty about it.

About to start my 1AP Fuyuki X-A Bond farming, this is going to suck.

8. Mestre

Mestre Professor

When a wild beast is a goblin or a werewolf but not a chimera.

9. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I know this thread is mostly for NA, but JP had another release today:

10. Dr. Strange Lulz

Split second Caster Shishou, who will probably cuck me just like the Lancer did.

Glad they made Napoleon cool instead of a pint-sized caricature, though I'd be super down with a chibi Napoleon 3* like Kid Gil.

Animated cutscenes would make FGO utterly insane. I'm actually surprised we haven't gotten a full on FGO anime, this game is absurdly popular.

11. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Of everyone there, the enemy Master is the one whose design I liked the most. I took a look at Sigurd, he's cool but not my thing (mix between MGS Raiden and Tokyo Ghoul), Napoleon is cool but not a must have (gonna put him on my maybe roll for pile of Bros with Iskandar, Gilgamesh and Gawain) and the Valkyries are utter trash. Found them incredibly lazy, generic and boring.

Caster Sca may be Skadi, who is said to be tied to Scathach in some way. She needs better art than Sca, specially the face, for me to consider rolling for her.

This year's JP releases have been pretty disappointing for me. The three releases I should've loved had pretty generic and uninspired art, of the likes you see in those image sets for fans (Semiramis, Atalanta Alter, Okita Alter) and no one else got my attention much. Caenis and Tamamovitch seem to be far and away the best in the waifu department.

12. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Caenis is going to make them so much money.

13. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Really? Huh, why? I didn't think she was so damn popular.

Also, just saw Brynhildr new animations. They are gorgeous. I don't think any other lancer has such good animations. Bryn is now my 3rd spot for lancer, behind Lartoria and Eresh. Seems like I'm gonna roll for her when her banner runs again. So in, like, two years.

14. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    She's got a fuck ton of art already.

Just from a looks perspective, she ticks off a lot of hugely popular fetish checkboxes for anime girls: copious assets, animal ears, dark skin, dark skin / light hair combo, tomboy, scantily clad/armored.

She seems to also have a Mordred-type personality given her voice lines and crazy laugh.

The only way I see her NOT making gangbusters is if they release someone more desired simultaneously, like an Olga pseudoservant or something.

15. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Ooooooooooooooooooooolga. I would grail her to 100. I love Olga. But Olga barely gets any art. Even NSFW. So I'm not hopeful.

16. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    She's pretty vanilla in every respect and vanilla girls don't usually generate art if they're not a main char of their series. I suspect the only reason she keeps topping the reddit servant request polls is because Nasu has told us that she's basically the one person who will NEVER be summoned as a standard Throne servant (due to her soul being locked in an eternal state of nonexistence/death/whatever).

17. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Yeah, memes are memes. But damn was Nasu evil with her death.

18. Dr. Strange Lulz

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  19. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Yep. I'm definitely rolling for CasterSca. And Bryn. These animations are gorgeous.

20. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death