1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Stay Night

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Scott, May 5, 2018.

1. Scott

Scott Professor DLP Supporter

I looked in the library already, wasn't really much there. I only have 2 requirement Shirou is the main character and it's well written.

I just finished unlimited blade works, finally. So if you have something good based on that and not the original series cool but no big deal if not.

2. Callagan

Callagan Fourth Year

This threadhas a lot of decent recommendations. It hasn't been updated since 2013, but there's been so few good F/SN stories since then that it's still mostly accurate.

3. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I also think it's worth pointing out that the Fate fandom has its own DLP equivalent, Beast's Lair. They have this thread with recommendations organized by how many people rec/derec a fanfic and a summary. Worth checking out.

4. Scott

Scott Professor DLP Supporter

I had no clue about them. I searched this forum a bit and found someone requesting a Fate/Bleach cross-over but that's it. I'll check those threads out when I get off work.

5. fire

fire Order Member

Yeah, do check out the Beast's Lair rec thread, you should find stuff you like in there.

I'll say this about Nasuverse fics - good or bad, they tend to be enormously original, covering a wide variety of protagonists, plots, what-ifs, worlds, and ideas. There's definitely no stations-of-the-canon problem, as with Naruto/HP, no obsessive-compulsive focus on alt-power, as in Worm.

Personally, I recommend the following:

Fate Stay Away by Arashi Leonhart
    "And as was the truth of the world, darkness claimed even the greatest of lights."
    10k-long one-shot; Shirou summons Saber Alter. Very emotional, very character-focused, and very much about the relationship between Shirou and Saber - but it also has some exquisitely written short fight scenes.

Fate Indubitanter by Lacks Gravitas
    "Sorcery is the forbidden magic, so powerful it can be called a divine miracle. When Shirou and Rin dabble with this forbidden art, they get far more than they bargained for. What are the chances of them surviving the Holy Grail War twice?"
    30k-long and incomplete, but the interactions between Shirou and past-Rin are really something else.

Chaos Theory by Moczo
    "Sometimes, the tiniest of changes can have the greatest impact on the world. One chance encounter goes in a new direction, and the course of the Holy Grail War is irrevocably changed..."
    340k-long, and arguably the magnum of the fandom. From a simple what-if-Shirou-befriended-Ilya, we eventually get some truly epic fights and events.

Fate Alternate Routes by Traingham
    "Meet Emiya Shirou, self proclaimed superhero and a ladies man, despite not knowing it himself. These are the untold stories of his affairs with the dangerous women who live under the same roof with him."
    60k-long; a collection of four one-shots, each exploring Shirou's romantic misadventures with Rider/Saber Alter/Luvia/???.

Straight Edge by Fallacies
    "Shirou Emiya was going to be a superhero, even if it destroyed him."
    Nasu/Worm crossover, with the two settings superbly merged; Shirou fights crime in Brockton Bay.