1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Zero Anime Adaptation

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Archer, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

It was amazing, Rider was awesome. The different take on a Reality Marble was cool too.

2. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

This scene is the one that I've been most eager to see, just a little ahead of Gil vs Berserker round 2. I'm a little disappointed that the adaptation did not seem as epic as it was in the light novels. Felt they could have done some more leading up to the big reveal but whatever. Rider was awesome.

3. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

I was ready to say this was my favorite episode so far - even before we saw Rider's Noble Phantasm. I just loved him ripping into Saber over what a King should be like, and the look on her face as he talked - her eyes dilating and trembling the more he talked. Seeing as I've only really watched UTW and the anime, this is the first time I've really ever seen Arturia's ideals of 'ruling' as misguided.

Fuck, Gilgamesh, Isklander and Arturia sitting down for a drink of wine? How much better can you get? I was actually surprised Gilgamesh deemed those two 'worthy' enough to drink from his collection, and even sit on the same ground. Still, shows a level of respect between kings I guess. Even Gilgamesh going "Did you hear that, Rider?", while laughing at Saber as if they were good mates.

And then Rider decides to show how boss he is...and my mind is blown.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  4. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Fucking loved the episode but to be honest, Rider had always stolen the show when he appeared. Or better yet, he conquered it. :awesome

He is just that boss and awesome.

5. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Denarii Host

And thus begins Gilgamesh's interest in Saber.

Rider's wish was kind of interesting. I was just waiting to hear Gilgamesh say "I have the solution right here."

6. Nemrut

High Score:
    Archer is just fucking awesome.

I would watch shows centered on Archer and Rider each and I would love every second of it.

7. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

Seriously, Gilgamesh is a much better character when he's not just being an unrepentant douche.

8. Nemrut

High Score:
    Wait, they put the cliffhanger HERE?

We have to wait a few months for episode 14? Did I understand that right?

9. DemonicInfluence

DemonicInfluence Fourth Year

It was a bit inevitable. I liked this episode though, especially the Rider/Waver sequences. Too bad for the cliffhanger.

10. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Yeah, first interaction that Waver has been involved in that I've actually enjoyed watching.

11. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

I caved in and spent most of my day to watch this and Holy Hell was it worth it. Caster and his Master are so hilariously wrong, Gilgamesh is awesome, and Rider just conquers the entire damn show.

I find myself tempted to just skip ahead whenever Kiritsugu Emiya and the like show up because they're boring compared to the above. I'm honestly surprised that I like Rider, Gilgamesh, and Caster more than Saber.

And Rider letting himself in Einzbern mansion to have a drink with Saber, inviting Gilgamesh along the way, having Gilgamesh proclaiming that the wine isn't worthy of him so he summons his own with the Gate of Babylon, Rider and Gilgamesh acting like bros, Rider laying waste to Saber's idea of what being a king is, having Assassin(s) show up and Rider offering them drinks, Rider utterly wrecking the Assassin class, and THEN leaving after saying that he doesn't think of Saber as a king and having having Gilgamesh mocking Saber when he leaves.

Goddamn I'd watch it for just that. It's a pity that it's going to be some months until the next episode comes out.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  12. DemonicInfluence

Pretty good comeback episode. Lots of flashy battling. The fight between Gil and Berserker was very exciting, but felt a little detached from the whole Caster fight. Still, was pretty awesome. I also like the new ending because of the nice images.

13. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Best Type-Moon anime adaption by far. The second segment can't come soon enough! Why did they even retardedly cut it in the middle like that?

I'm actually surprised that I hate Kiritsugu. Guy's such a bipolar little mercenary. Rider is unspeakably awesome, and I'm really, really loving the convos between Kirei and Gilga and the pow-wow between the kings.

14. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

You're not alone.

15. Nemrut

High Score:
    Why surprised? I hate him too, more than any other master (except Shiro) but why should that surprise me? Dude is an arrogant hypocrite.

16. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Can't speak for Clerith, but it's rare for me to actually hate any characters in anime. Usually I'm just indifferent towards to the less likable characters but Kiritsugu actively pisses me off.

17. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Because the only things I knew about Kiritsugu before Fate/Zero were things that were discusses in Fate/Stay. Shirou's savior, won the Grail War, known as Magus-Killer, etc. His ideal was naive, yeah, but all in all, he sounded pretty badass.

But in Zero? He's a complete douche. Two-timing one, too. Ignores Saber. Whenever he's alone with Iris, he starts crying in loud voice. What's up with that? And he has no pride as a magus. I don't think most people care about that, but I do. I'm a mage-lover, heh.

He's just the least interesting master - although I can't say I like Waver too much, either. But Rider is always there to offset that.

18. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Yeahhh, there is no other way to defend Kiritsugu but to point out the vast defernces in the Light Novel. This Fate/Zero anime is everything a fan fears about adaptions. Good quality action while the story gets pissed on.

19. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

Well he hates Saber. Or at least, he finds her convictions of fair play naive.

He also cries in front of Irisviel because 1) she's his wife and he can be vulnerable around her and 2) he's caught up between following his dream and making everyone but him and his wife happy or abandoning it all to run away and live peacefully with his family. I think any decent human being would cry if he was forced to seriously consider sacrificing his wife like that.

And Kiritsugu having no pride in a magus is kind of his thing. There's a reason why he's called a "magecraft user" instead of a "magus". And while I also hate his guts, I at least find that part of him to be a plus. Most magus are either complete monsters, arrogant douchebags, pretentious assholes, or a mixture of all three.

20. DemonicInfluence

Eh, they do some things pretty well, like Rider's personality.