1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fav RPG

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Redeye, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Redeye

Redeye Penultimate Lurker DLP Supporter

Im lookin for a new rpg to play and i was wondering if you guys could tell me your favorites (if you like rpg's) and if i havent heard of them i'll go get them and i'll play them cause i need something to do while i wait for the good harry potter fanfics to update.

my personal fav is suikoden and suikoden 2. But thats just me.

2. True Story

True Story Third Year

World of Warcraft.

3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Favorite RPGs? thats a LOONG list <_<

Ys the ark of napishtim (PS2)

Anything from Squaresoft, especially Front Mission, Final Fatasy, and Star Ocean... (Various)

And OOOLLLLLDDD playstation game called SaGa Frontier .. one of the BEST RPGs you will EVER play

Makai Kingdom (PS2)

Disgaea Hour Of Darkness (PS2)

La Pucelle Tactics (PS2)

Magna Carta and War Of genesis (korean PC RPGS)

4. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

RPG's are my favorite, I like the ones for SNES the best.

Chrono Trigger is my all time favorite game.

The Final Fantasy games for the SNES.

Kingdom Hearts for PS2. (Kingdom Hearts II is coming out soon. :D)

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time for PS2.

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within for PS2.

I think I played a little of Final Fantasy VII, but don't remember much except that it was good.

Get the Final Fantasy Chronicles for Playstation if you don't have SNES, it has both Final Fantasy III (or four?) and Chrono Trigger.

5. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Get you an emulator, and DL any Square PSX or SNES game, pretty much all of them were great.

Another several months probably, and the PS2 emu will be working good on all games, and then you have another several dozen to play, heh

6. Antivash

yeah ... those are two other great games... chrono trigger ad the sequel Chrono Cross... fucking sweet both of them and both avalible for PSX

and just to make a correction on srispg ... FFIII is also FFXI not six... four is four i think... possibly one... Five is two and Six is three ...

7. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Chrono Cross looked awesome, but I just couldn't get into playing it for some reason.

Crhono Trigger, various FF's and the first 2 Breath of Fire's had me locked to the screen

I played briefly a game called Legend of Legaia and it looked incredible, but I can't remember how the gameplay was, lol

8. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Ohh, I forgot Chrono Cross. Very nice game, though I wish Chrono and his gang made a little more appearance.

Yeah...I'll take your word for it. lol

Oh yeah, another game is Secret of Mana. I don't really remember the game, or the characters, but I remember that I loved playing it with my friends.

9. Antivash

... lacking.. ive got it... not worth it really....

Secret of man is awesome! worth the time Zelda is another good series for the nintendites...

Legend of Dragoon was one of my favorite PSX games ever

if youre into that kind of thing... the GBA pokemons arent bad... i ... play them...

10. Redeye

Redeye Penultimate Lurker DLP Supporter

way ahead of ya on the emulators

good list im hearin some stuff i havent heard of that im gonna definantly gonna have to check out.

11. Warlock

Warlock First Year

Vampire of the Masquarade: bloodlines. Plain and simple best vampire game ever invented. rather Kotor esque, that being said....

Kotor 1 and 2. awesome RPGs

Another word on VtM, it was made with the source engine so physics are as real as possible and over all 100% realistic. ill do a full review of VtM if someone wants. and its only 30$

12. Antivash

ive got it... its not THAT good but its decent... and if you are refering to star wars knghts of the old republic two.... *slaps the shit out of chu with a wet top coat* they didnt even FINISH kotor II ... HUGE chunks of it are missing, including the ending... some missions even if they guy you do them for tells you good job fucktard youre done htey just keep going and going and going... you get the point... KOTOR2 is shite...

but KOTOR is an excellent game..

13. Warlock

Warlock First Year

I still like it. Alot of better things also i didnt have to listen to that little bitch Carth harp on me when i told a guy to jump off a bridge with force persuade.

14. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Well, Suikoden II is definitely up there on my list also, mainly for Luca Blight and the pure hawtness of Kasumi, but I'll list some others (falling outside of the mainstream Final Fantasy and shit). It's the least I can do in return for usurping your George Foreman grill (see profile).

- Der Langrisser (SNES, it's in Japanese though)
    - Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (SNES)
    - Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (SNES, also in Japanese; there is a PS1 English version, but it's almost impossible to get ahold of nowadays)
    - Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (PS2)
    - Front Mission (SNES)
    - Xenogears (PS1)

...That's a good starting list, though I'm sure there are a ton of great games that I've forgotten and will add in as they come to my mind.

And yes, Legend of Legaia sucks total ass. You'd get more entertainment using the game disk as a frisbee.

15. Antivash

Ive got it.. i can search for it and rip it if youre looking for it
    Xeno Gears... forgot that one... Xenosaga (which is supposed to be a sequel to Xenogears apparently) is awesome as well... KOSMOS is the shiznit, fo shizzle

and another SNES game i forgot, though its in japanese with a trans patch somewhere... and best yet, a square game

Bahamut Lagoon

Best non-FF SNES game EVER!

16. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

LMAO, I will limit my thoughts on Bahamut Lagoon to this: Princess Yoyo gives Ginny serious competition for the biggest fantasy genre whore ever designed award.

And I have the Tactics Ogre PSX release also, but thank you. I was just commenting that it would be nigh impossible to procure through any normal channel now.

17. Antivash

meh.. i still like the game.. i dun go around insult cho now do i? .. so leave my irrational love for the game be

18. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I wasn't insulting the game...just Princess Yoyo. The game itself is actually good, and even in the whole romance department a bit refreshingly unique in that (if I may spoil a bit) the main hero doesn't end up getting the girl. I would still gut her with a fishing knife for being a bitchy tease were I able, though.

19. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

right now i'm playing Lineage 2 on a private (free) server, its pretty good for a game that you don't have to pay for...I wish there were more classes though :oops:

20. SoulesS

SoulesS First Year

1.- Final Fantasy (all of them)
    2.- Legend of the Dragoon
    3.- Xenogear