1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite scenes in HP fanfiction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tharkun, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Timely Errors finale was pretty dope with Voldemort, Snape and Lucius waiting for words on Bellatrix. A very good fic all around.

2. Darthlawyer

Darthlawyer First Year

High Score:
    For me the scene in Growing up Black where they discuss the Riddle diary and Cassiopeia suggests letting the diary posses a muggle to be able to question it.

And the scene in Taking Control where Hermione is silenced with a spell and nobody takes it off because she is nagging everyone crazy

3. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
  4. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

I really liked that scene in My Immortal where she met Gerrard Way. It really got my juices flowing.

5. Tapu Doggo

Tapu Doggo Squib

High Score:
    One of my favorite HP fanfic scenes is from Matou Shinji and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter/Nasuverse crossover obviously) where Shinji makes everyone think he's a mysterious badass using what is basically a simple trick from Japan. It's one of those things that sets the tone for the rest of the fic. After all Shinji starts out as pathetic as his canon self before getting better thanks to the letter from Hogwarts.

6. lele152

lele152 Squib

High Score:
    One wonderful sweet fanfiction is Building Bridges from Melethril. It shows a completely different approach of the Harry grows up in an orphanage setting that entrances the reader.
    Dreams and Darkness Collide has some real chill moments inside that question your understanding of right and wrong.
    But two of the funniest fanfictions I have read are Necromancer Anonymous from The Iza, especially the scenes with the leech and above all Schooled from WyrdSmith. That fanfiction contains perfect humour from the start and the duel between Hadrian and James is hilarious without even mentioning the prank in the first chapter.

7. Mal'sSerenity

Mal'sSerenity Second Year

High Score:
    On the subject of Fate/Stay Night crossovers, the conversation between Saber and Dumbledore on the Hogwarts grounds in the second to last scene of chapter seven of Crosswinds of Fate was rather interesting. It wasn't anything epic or funny, but I nonetheless quite enjoyed this short conversation between these two wise, incredibly powerful individuals. Not to mention Saber giving words of cryptic wisdom to Dumbledore of all people.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  8. Guest000

Guest000 Squib

High Score:
    Of course most scenes from Seventh Horcrux, but I did enjoy Voldemorts ressurection in Princess of the Blacks. Aside from that, there was a scene in a Marvel/Harry Potter fanfiction where Harry is singing a song from Macbeth while potion making.

9. samghost

samghost Squib

It's so hard to remember specific scenes after reading so much fanfiction but something that really stands out is this scene in Joe's Heartlands of Time (or was it Wastelands?) when Harry screams and points his wand into the air and launches a spell and tells Hermione that he just blanketed the entire hemisphere in Anti-Apparition wards.

10. Dynrakmos

Dynrakmos Squib

High Score:
    I loved the scene in the beginning of Harry Potter and the Wastelands of Time when the entity from outside of time interrupts the normal progression of events. Really sets the stage for all the escalation that happens.

11. Wtfitskenny

Wtfitskenny Second Year

“You defeated the Voldemort of your world, didn't you?"

"What makes you think that?"

Albus smiled. "You dueled him. And you were entirely too confident and comfortable. Sirius hid it pretty well, but his eyes showed worry and fear. Your only fear was for Sirius."

"Yes," Harry admitted with a mixture of pain and pride. "I did defeat my Voldemort. But I can't vanquish this one any more than you can."

Albus frowned at the truthfulness he sensed. "Are you certain?"

"I have some idea of the costs you paid to defeat your Dark Lord," Harry instructed. "And in case you missed it, Voldemort is not a dark wizard. He's a genuine Dark Lord and all that that implies."

Albus winced as though the confirmation hurt him. "I had hoped that wasn't the case."

Harry grinned helplessly. "The muggles have a saying about putting all your hopes in one hand and then sh-"

"I'm familiar with the saying," Albus interrupted. "Thank you, Harry."

"Just trying to help."

Albus frowned in thought. "Was the cost to you simply too high to pay again?"

Harry considered the question before answering. "Yeah… I don't know. I'm not sure to be honest. But fortunately for me, it's not possible to pay again so I don't have to think about it."

"What was your cost?"

Harry was surprised Albus was asking so boldly. He let no emotion show as he watched the old man.

Albus nodded in understanding and voluntarily admitted, "I sacrificed the ability to father children and then I lost the ability to fall in love."

Harry hadn't known the specifics but guessed it had been something close to that for Albus. He knew how high that cost would be to a wizard like Albus. With a lick of his lips, Harry softly admitted, "I sacrificed my mother's everlasting soul."

Albus blinked in shock. "And what did you lose?"

Harry slowly shook his head. "My sacrifice was deemed sufficient."

Albus couldn't even imagine what Harry felt. The word came out as a whisper. "How?"

"When I was a baby she gave her life to protect me from Voldemort. It meant his next Killing Curse marked my noggin and bounced back into his face. It also left me with a protection from him." Harry frowned adding, "until he overcame that too."

Albus nodded in comprehension. "And since you carried her protection…”

“I was able to offer a soul other than my own," Harry finished for him.”
    [/SIZE]

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  12. torrent56

torrent56 Second Year

High Score:
    Ann Margaret’s Hermione Granger and Order of the Phoenix has some of my favourite fanfiction scenes. Examples include the end of chapter 11 when Dumbledore’s Army was discovered by Umbridge and 14 after the battle at the Department of Mysteries as well as the last scene of the story (chapter 16).

Link: http://www.fictionalley.org/authors/ann_margaret/HGATOOTP.html

13. kiaq

kiaq First Year

This scene from The Heartlands of Time chapter 7

14. Severus

Severus Sent Back to India

High Score:
    Renegade Cause

Severus goes "Lily I know this makes me a hypocrite but Sirius Black has outlived his usefulness. Avada Kedavara"

15. ElMarquis

ElMarquis First Year

High Score:
    Sometimes a bit of murder is quite therapeutic, don't we agree?

"My name is Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way and I've been sent here from the future to-"

Unceremoniously, Alucard drew his titanium nitride-finished Hellsing ARMS Casull, took aim, and fired at the goff. The explosive .454 round blew much of her head off in messy chunks of bloody meat, bone, and purple highlighted black hair.

Harry Potter and the Endless Night by The Sage of Toads.

16. Jedipilot24

Jedipilot24 Squib

This scene from https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8233288/1/Faery-Heroes

Harry had already entered the Room of Requirement when he took notice of its appearance. He backed out slowly, shutting the door with care.
    "Harry?" Hermione asked, her face a study in consternation.
    He raised a finger to ward off her questions. Closing his eyes, he paced in front of the door three times; he was unhappy but not at all shocked when he looked again to discover that it had not changed from the wide wooden circle they had first spotted. He squared his shoulders and walked in once more. "Luna, love, you are never getting to configure the Room again."
    "Aww," the blonde groaned from her bubble bath in the middle of the forest clearing. "Why not?"
    He slapped away a fist-sized winged acorn that flew in front of his face and pointed at the pink and gold mushroom that had been hollowed out to form the tub. "Because I feel like I'm in bloody Wonderland."
    "And that's a bad thing… why?"
    "This is what I like to call the 'rejection stage'," Hermione piped in as she began stripping off her uniform. "I'm surprised you're only just now experiencing it, but this is the first time she's ever had control of a room that can make whatever she imagines real. That is more than just about anyone can handle on short notice."
    "So why are you so relaxed?" he retorted.
    She shrugged placidly. "You have a greater tolerance for the Lovegood brand of insanity than I do. I went past rejection and straight into denial. As far as I'm concerned, either the hallucinations will end on their own like they normally do, or I'll finally find myself safe in a straightjacket and surrounded by padded walls." Now nude, she walked past him and climbed into the mushroom.
    He sighed before shucking off his clothes and joining the girls as well. The water was just short of scalding, guaranteeing that they would look like steamed lobsters when they climbed out. In short, the perfect temperature for a magical hot tub. Though not generally a fan of bubbles, Harry was quite glad they were there; he had no desire to see what water sitting inside an overgrown fungus looked like.
    His second sigh was much more content.
    Luna giggled on his right and reached over the brunette at her other side to grab a wooden goblet from the lurid orange caterpillar… hand… thing holding it. "Thank you, Constance." The major domo inclined its six-and-one-third heads before melting away in a river of loud sourness. "So, did Snape have a stroke when you declared blood feud?"
    "No, unfortunately," Hermione responded, relaxing into her girlfriend's shoulder. "Though he did get so mad that he tried to cut off Harry's head."
    "The big one or the important one?"
    He snorted. "You would say that. Luna, maybe you can clear something up for us. When Snape was casting, he screamed and grabbed his chest —" The girl's sharp nod cut him off.
    "Like he was about to have a heart attack? I sometimes forget that there are still things about the Wizarding world you two don't know. What you saw was his magic reacting to him working against his life debt. Since he owed your father, and now owes you, his life, he can't actively try to kill you. I'm guessing whatever spell he used missed you?" At his affirmation, she continued, "Had it connected, even if you only got a scratch from it, his heart would have literally exploded in his chest. As it is, he got a stern warning not to do that again."
    "So I can off him in a spectacularly messy fashion, but to do so I have to let him hit me with the intent to kill? Fantastic."
    "Nope," the blonde replied with a shake of her head. "When you go against a life debt like that, you only get two warnings. The third time you try it, your spell doesn't work and you're dead before you hit the floor. Of course, Snape's many things, but an idiot is not one of them; we shouldn't expect him to come after you like that again."
    "Well, so much for the easy route." He averted his eyes and waved off the ten-foot-long multicolored tuna offer him a platter full of pasties. Since when do fish grow a dozen arms? "And as appreciative as I am for the information, that's not why we need to talk."
    Hermione looked over at him. "You decided to not to do the ritual on Luna's birthday after all and want to take our virginities again now?"
    "Neville's emulating you and gathering a harem of disenchanted Boy-Who-Lived fangirls?"
    "Dumbledore was right and you can kill Voldemort with a hug?"
    "The tricentennial migration of the Alluvial Sleschenritters made you develop an undeniable lust for Malfoy?"
    "You're giving up Quidditch to study with us more?"
    Luna turned to Hermione in disbelief. "And you call me crazy?"
    Rolling his eyes, Harry walked them through the thoughts about Trelawney and the Dumbledores that had struck him after Divination earlier that day, including his desire for them to watch his discussion with the professor first-hand with more experienced and jaded eyes. When he finished, both of them pondered for a few minutes. "Well, that explains why you wanted a Pensieve," Luna finally said.
    "Which I don't see anywhere."
    She smiled innocently. "We're sitting in it."
    He shoved the layer of bubbles away to find that, no, the fluid filling the mushroom was not water. His mouth hanging open, he turned to Luna. "What are you waiting for," she asked before he could get a word out, "an engraved invitation? Drop the memory in so we can get the boring stuff over with and get back to lounging."
    It turned out that being dragged into a memory while already inside a Pensieve was much different from falling into it from outside. For starters, Harry landed on his face.
    "Well, that was pleasant," he grumbled into the masonry. Lifting himself onto his elbows, he spotted the Divination professor also laying on the floor, though she had bottles of cheap spirits encircling her. He glanced about. "Where are the girls?"
    "Wheeeee!" A cheering mass of wet flesh dropped onto his shoulders, smashing his face down again. "Oh, there you are. You okay?"
    "I'm fine," he tried to mutter, though what came out was an unintelligible grumble. Once she slid over to his lower back and he was no longer kissing stone, he hesitantly prodded his nose. "Okay, apparently we can't get injured in Pensieves. That makes me feel better. Did you see Hermione on your way down?"
    "No. You sank first, and I came right after, which means…"
    "Aaaahhh!" The weight on him doubled, and his face had its third introduction to the ground. It took them a minute, but the trio sorted themselves out in the end, and just in time to hear Trelawney's remembered remembrance to his younger self.
    "I well remember my first interview with Dumbledore," the lush began. "He was deeply impressed, of course, deeply impressed… I was staying at the Hog's Head, which I do not advise, incidentally — bedbugs, dear boy — but funds were low. Dumbledore did me the courtesy of calling upon me in my room."
    "You're right, Harry, that is odd," Hermione murmured. "It's not like she would have to pay an entrance fee to see any of the faculty. If she had an appointment, she could have just walked right in."
    Oblivious to the visitors out of time, Trelawney continued, "He questioned me… I must confess that, at first, I thought he seemed ill-disposed toward Divination… and I remember I was starting to feel a little odd, I had not eaten much that day… but then… but then we were interrupted by Severus Snape!"
    "What?" the memory Harry asked in shock. The current model shook his head out how naive he had once been.
    "Yes, there was a commotion outside the door and it flew open and there was that rather uncouth barman standing with Snape, who was waffling on about having come the wrong way up the stairs, although I'm afraid that I myself rather thought —"
    "Stop, stop, stop! None of this makes any sense whatsoever." Luna paced back and forth for a few moments, then turned to Harry. "I know he's anything but trustworthy, but Dumbledore did say that Snape only overheard the first half of the prophecy, right?"
    "That's what he said, and considering what the other half was, Voldemort's actions make it likely he was telling the truth that time," he confirmed.
    "That's just not possible. Seers can't notice anything about the outside world while they give their predictions, yet Trelawney described in detail what happened? For her to do that, Snape would have had to hear it in its entirety before he was noticed."
    Hermione chewed on her lower lip as she thought. "Could he have been privy to the whole thing but only told Voldemort the first part?"
    "Why, though?" he returned. "He regretted sharing the prophecy only when he found out that my mother was in danger; that's why he went crawling to Dumbledore in the first place. The bastard's memories were clear on that point. He had no reason to hold anything back. Knowing the whole thing, Voldemort wouldn't have attacked us at all for fear of creating an equal with an unknown power. Mum was in more danger with him only knowing the beginning. If Snape knew that revealing the rest would keep the object of his obsession safe, why wouldn't he do it?"
    The brunette sighed. "So not only did Aberforth temporarily forgive his brother enough to let him into the bar, Trelawney broke a fundamental law of magic? Yeah, someone messed with her memories."
    "The old man," he said with conviction.
    "That's who my money would be on, too."
    "So what really went on that night?" Luna asked quietly. Neither of the others had an answer for her.

17. HateThisPart

HateThisPart Squib

High Score:
    My favorite scene has to be when Harry enters the capital in Lords of Magic. The setting is familiar but different enough that you always feel slightly off balance. As he riding on that train, the scene captures everything great about Harry Potter. It felt like I was entering an adventure.

18. Nerdman3000

Nerdman3000 Seventh Year

My favorite scene from Chapter 9 of a new time travel fic called Wind Shear by Chilord that I've been recently reading and quite loving. I might even put it up for review eventually if it isn't already.

Bellatrix felt suddenly small and uncertain as she stood in front of him. Her stubborn determination and desire felt suddenly hollow, inadequate, for the task at hand as she could swear his cool gaze was slowly dissecting her. There was a frightening lack of desire, a lack of want, or even emotion in those eyes that left her wanting to turn and flee.

"What, exactly, did you think that you're trying to do, Ms. Black?" Harry asked with a kind of bland curiosity that immediately left her wishing he wasn't standing between her and the door.

Shifting nervously, she swallowed and asked in an uncertain tone. "Um, seduce you?"

"I see." And suddenly he was moving, like a serpent as he was upon her, lips drawn back, teeth bare like a wolf before his prey as his eyes burned with a predatory intensity. "And, what? You thought that all you would have to do was look pretty, bat your lashes and wear something… revealing?"

If the absurdity of the situation wasn't leaving him reeling, he would've laughed at what she considered revealing. There was a kind of old fashioned appeal to it, he had to admit. A black velvet corset cut low, to reveal a hint of cleavage, dusted behind an artful decoration of black lace, with a tight, matching shrug of that same, elegance black lace that reached all the way down to her wrists.

If she hadn't worn a full set of heavy skirts with it, cut low enough to reveal her black leather heeled boots, and opted instead for a more "modern" skirt, something flowing and tight, cut up to at least her knee, she would've had more impact. To a boy whose teen years had been the 90s, it was more than a little quaint and old fashioned. To the same boy whom had spent much of that time growing up in the muggle world, it only emphasized that view.

Bellatrix Black was, he was coming to realize, shockingly naïve. Easily swayed and influenced, at least if it was by someone she respected. He was starting to understand exactly how she'd been molded into the infamous Bellatrix Lestrange. Some of the flashes he could see when she looked at him…

She remembered a milder version of that look on Lestrange's face. When she looked at Voldemort.

He could see the dark passion in her eyes, the hunger that could easily be pushed to madness under the right pressures. She wanted to be challenged, to fight. To prove herself at the end of her wand, and the fall of her opponent.

Now, however, he seemed to be finding himself the focus of that passion, that desire, instead of Voldemort. He just knew, somewhere, his godfather was laughing at him.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  19. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=36530

Suffice to say not everyone shares your enthusiasm.

20. Sataniel

Sataniel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    I've currently forcing myself to finish Harry Potter and the Garden of Intrigue. The fic derails hard and tumbles into oblivion, but I will never not love this scene.