1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Feng Shen Ji Comic

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by cancelled for a, Mar 30, 2015.

1. cancelled for a

cancelled for a Second Year

Feng Shen Ji Official Thread

So, latest chapter is out. And I don't see any thread about this wonderful comic.

EDIT:

The Great Shang dynasty has been in power for many years but the Gods find fault with the new emperor. Instead of submitting to their will at the expense of his people, the Emperor resolves to throw off the Gods' yoke and free humanity. However, not only the Gods but a rival, the young Zhou who submits to the Gods' will for his own purposes will face him!

The fate of the dynasty, nay, the fate of all humanity will be determined by this great battle between the forces of Heaven and Earth!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  2. Bramastra

Bramastra Groundskeeper

gonna take a page from this book

3. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

It's epic, badass and has the best art I've ever seen. Ah Gou is a refreshing character, modeled not after shonen friends are power but good ole' badassery and arrogance. He reminds me a lot of classical heroes.

Summary from Manga Fox
    "The Great Shang dynasty has been in power for many years but the Gods find fault with the new emperor. Instead of submitting to their will at the expense of his people, the Emperor resolves to throw off the Gods' yoke and free humanity. However, not only the Gods but a rival, the young Zhou who submits to the Gods' will for his own purposes will face him!

The fate of the dynasty, nay, the fate of all humanity will be determined by this great battle between the forces of Heaven and Earth!"

It is basically a Man X Gods fight, specially fighting for their freedom, set in a mystical China, with lots of exotic places. At it's core, it is about fighting about Freedom, control over your Destiny, over your Life and do your duty against immensurable odds.

Bai Cai is pretty good, even if not all that great, but she is the meek yet strong character done in a good and not-annoying way, something japanese mangas fail utterly at. The manhua does have the unfortunate habit of dropping of side characters when they served their purpose, at random times and with no resolution, and latter gets them back from nowhere.

The First Arc is magnificent, as is the Fight agains the Gods, and no character is uni-dimensional, even if we don't see that at first. The Central Plain and Smelting Aura other world place I forgot the name Arcs were pretty boring, but the current arc is shaping up to be on the top 3 easily.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  4. cancelled for a

It's actually a Vietnamese comic.

And at any rate, the comic is almost at an end, so for those lucky enough to not read it until now, I urge you to go read it. Now.

5. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

6. cancelled for a

My mistake.. I was sure of it until now. Apparently it was Zheng Jian He who made it. Yea, my mistake. Thanks for clearing that up.