1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

First Lord's Fury Sample Chapters

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by fuubar, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Holy hell at the delivery. Yeah I couldnt do that. Sticking with my $3 for overnight from amazon.

2. carl

carl Seventh Year

It's shipping from US->UK , within <5-8 days. :)

3. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, that's the problem. Not the price of shipping (which is balanced by how amazingly cheap the book is for US customers) but rather how long it takes to get here. In that time I could get it physically, or order it off Amazon UK (I presume you'll be able to order it once it comes out; we just can't pre-order it) with next-day delivery, or *whisper* find it online *whisper*.

4. carl

carl Seventh Year

That's the thing, Waterstones do not show a UK copy coming in other than the soft back - only way to get it is import.

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I wonder if this will be in the library immediately. I haven't bought any of the Codex Alera books yet because I only started them once the first 5 were out and I got them from the library to see if they were any good. I'd sort of like to wait on a collector's set of all 6 books before buying.

Anyway, nice update. I look forward to seeing what Tavi's response will be and to see the talk between Marcus and Fidelias. I like the Canim. I am not sure I want to see them have an all out battle with Alera though as soon as the Vord are gone, and I tend to think that they are thinking about that. They are at least seriously considering that Tavi intends to try to take them out as soon as he doesn't need them anymore.

Then again if I can see it then Tavi damn sure can see it too. I'm sure he'll have something in place to make whatever he wants seem oh so reasonable.