1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

FlashForward

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Sorrows, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

A new scifi TV series airing on ABC, Premise is:

Watched the first episode, its an interesting premise but I get the feeling its going to be really heavy, seems slightly over dramatized but will probably follow it for a while.

2. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Sound's good- Will watch it.

I am expecting a lot of seemingly unconnected episodes which will only become significant at a later episode.

What do people who kill themselves inside 6 months see :D

3. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

The FBI's partner saw nothing in his flash-forward so he thinks he is going to be dead inside of 6 months.

4. Philly Homer

Philly Homer What you call elephant cum I call mouthwash

I recently caught the pilot.

I like the fact that the writers explored the logical effect of people blacking out for 2 minutes and 17 seconds. People crashing their cars, hospital patients dying and other things. Hell, I even enjoyed the dude who was taking a shit during the flash forward. That's the kind of attention to details that attracts me to a show.

The premise of people seeing their future is interesting, and I want to see what they do with it. I can already see that they are going to hit us over the head with the "Is your future unavoidable?" theme with the friendship band and the appearance by the kid's dad. Honestly, as soon as I heard the wife's vision of her marriage breaking up, I could tell they were going with her husband being all about work (which is what every show uses) and the kid's father, who was just mentioned seconds ago.

What I want to see is the involvement of the people who were involved with creating the blackout and their motivations. In fact, the last seconds of the show where we see the guy walking during the blackout is what's going to make me tune into future episodes.

5. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

It's pretty good. I'm more interested in the FBI investigation than anything else. The other characters are boring me so far.

6. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

It was a bit meh for much of the pilot with burst of interesting moment. What really wants to make me watch this series is the ending though

That said, i can see the guy caught on tape to be Loyd

But that would be a bit too obvious. Here's hoping that the FBI investigation makes for 90% of the series and relationships and other such minor issues remain minor.

7. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

Good show but terrible day. I never have anything to watch on Wednesday, but on Thursday my tv schedule explodes. I tend to tivo this and watch it on Sun.

DVR aside, this show is well done, and I really hope they didn't kill off Harold. My only annoyance is the fact that the parents don't just make that stupid little girl tell them what she saw.

8. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Watched this on Hulu just now. I'm...meh...about the show. The premise is good, the acting is OK, but all the marriage drama is annoying as fuck.

Seriously, just take her to your office, and show her who's boss the good old fashioned way, then get on with the fucking show.

I, too, hope they don't kill off Harold. He's what makes this show :awesome.

9. Bucks

2nd episode was much the same as the first episode. Dull in long periods with bursts of interesting bits.

10. Novera

Novera Seventh Year

It just did not hold my attention. My biggest problem with it is that I can't connect with the characters. I honestly don't care either way if they die, live, or change the future. The whole 'I saw you in my flashforward, lets get to know one another' thing is really annoying me and I can't say that I will continue to watch it if it doesn't pick up in the next episode or two.

11. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Checking it out now. I'm a sucker for Sci-fi, hopefully this won't be too fail. ABC has lied before.

Got three eps. to watch. Like 15 minutes into the first one, and so far, I'm not too wowed.

Okay, so sorta wowed by it. I now like it and anticipate more, if only to find out about the crows in the most recent episode. Will be following it.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  12. Bucks

Anyone still watching this? Last episode was awesome. Nice to see that the head of FBI is more than a comic relief.

13. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Fourth Year

Really enjoying this. The drama is bearable and seems to be plot involved rather than there for the sake of angst and other crap. The plot seems to be progressing nicely and each episode seems to be getting better.

There's a nice mix of mystery, bearable drama, action and humour and it all works pretty damn well. Definitely something I'd recommend unless it turns into some sort of lost clone.

14. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    It was indeed an awesome episode. FBI guy did pull some heavy contacts out of his back pocket, and the action at the end, whilst foreshadowed, was something I didn't anticipate. Coming up guns blazin' was fairly awesome, as was angry!Asian rocket launcher dude.

This show has something going for it.

15. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

I'm not liking this. Especially Charlie's flashforward. It doesn't make sense:

1. "I dreamed there were no more good days."
    2. "D. Gibbons is a bad man."
    3. "It's your house, too."

How many flashforwards did this kid have?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  16. Boofers

Boofers Groundskeeper

The pace is killing me. Sooooooooo slow.

17. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

They finally acknowledged that it was only a possible future that they saw and not a definitive one. It would be impossible otherwise; both knowing about the future and that exact future coming true may be possible for one person (Cassandra-style), but not for over 6 billion people at the same time.

I also thought it was a bit strange that only people without the FF did these fucked up things. If you did have a FF, wouldn't that make you more inclined to take high risks, because you think you'll be fine anyway? That black guy couldn't have been the first to show that the future can change this way. Would have been easier to amputate a finger that he still had in his FF, but he didn't seem too bright anyway... ;)

Btw: Awesome pickup by that physicist guy, explaining a romanticized version of Schrödinger's cat. Never works for me. :(
    Though telling some girl who doesn't know, but can identify you, that you're going to commit a murder in the future is pretty stupid.

On that notion: what are the police going to do about this stuff? Crimes that haven't happened yet, but that people know about?