1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Food Wars / Shokugeki no Souma [Manga/Anime]

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Republic, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not that we needed more proof but I think this chapter summed up the problem inherent in Central dogma (lol). When Shun went to braise in a pot the new instructers weren't interested in getting him to compare methods and see which one was more effecient. Follow the recipe because it's the recipe. It actually reminds me of the Megumi Shokugeki mini arc now that I think about it.

2. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Hermione is that you? Kek. This whole plot reminds of the Potions debacle between Hermione and t he Half-Bloof Prince. Even if the connection is very thin.

3. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

New chapter's out on MS.

Eizan continues to be a scumbag. Erina will probably step out to deal with what he's done in this chapter, though it remains to be seen how Souma will handle the shokugeki.

4. andy50

andy50 Groundskeeper

I don't really like how Eizan was handled. I always saw him as a backstabbing cheating cunt, but had some sort of begrudging respect for Soma, now he is just a backstabbing cheating cunt.

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Huh. I got the impression that the karrage arc really pissed him off.

6. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I assume he'll get alumni to judge it.

7. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    So ... nothing happened. Wait until next week, I suppose?

8. andy50

andy50 Groundskeeper

If I know my cliches, Erina will try to offer herself up in exchange for polar star dormm not getting torn down. Hopefully that's not the case.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  9. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If I were writing SnS - this won't happen - I'd have Soma get Senzaemon to outbid Eizan's bribe, kick his ass in a legit Shokugeki, take his spot in the E10 then brag to Erina.

What I think will actually happen? Probably something involving Kuga. They keep bringing up his absence...

10. andy50

andy50 Groundskeeper

I don't really see how he could come into play atm, I'm personally think vampire chick is gonna come to play.

11. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I think she just scares the goons away with her presence by going full Queen Erina on them. It's even likelier to work without Eizan being physically there to galvanize them.

12. Lazaros742

Lazaros742 Squib

High Score:
    I never knew this anime existed... I watched the anime and loved... even though it made me stupidly hungry. I will be starting the manga shortly. Are there any major differences in the story between the manga and anime?

13. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Aside from a few things happening in different order, not really that I saw (though I haven't watched anything beyond the first episode of the Kaarage Arc). The anime does a good job of being faithful to the source material.

14. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

My money is on Ishiki, who has also been noticeably absent during this arc.

15. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

Most recent chapter is out, I find myself liking Rindou more and more.

16. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Something is about to happen. Chapters are this close to actually having substance.

I mean, something has to happen on the next one, right? Or at least the one after that. We at least got Eizan to agree to take the Shokugeki seriously in regards to cooking (even if for all he and we know the judging is still rigged).

17. Feoffic

I'm guessing the next chapter is more cooking and it ends with Eizan allowing the dishes to actually be judged.

18. enterGodMode

enterGodMode Squib

Would've been fun to see at least one shonen-manga where main character gets rekt in a situation like this. I mean what are the odds that a jerk like Eizan suddenly gets a change of heart and fights like a man instead of doing the same once again?

19. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Exactly zero. It's really a toss up between the Shokugeki coordinator pulling some legalese, alumni pressuring Eizan or Rindou declares herself the judge.

20. Feoffic

I'm pretty sure Eizan will allow the dishes to be judged normally. He wants to absolutely crush Souma, and nothing he's done so far is working. Right now, his only option is to cook (which was shown at the end of the most recent chapter) and let the dishes be judged.

Not to say that Eizan's judges will remain; I do expect Named Characters (or wickedly suited ones) to step in, but the dishes will be eaten.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015