1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete For Love of Magic by Noodlehammer - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Jon, Dec 25, 2015.

1. JErosion

JErosion DA Member

Yeah, this last chapter it felt like the author was channeling John Ringo, it was just reading The Troy Rising series and having the MC break character to become a mouth piece to the author's id

2. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Yeah, I overlooked a lot for the tiny gem that would glint through the steaming pile of shit every now and then, but this is it. The masturbatory nature of the first half of the chapter was just as bad as the religion rant; it shows just how out of touch with reality he has become.

Obi
  3. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you like the fic, I'd recommend you download a copy now. A lot of people who were pissed off by the alt-right shit in the latest chapter are apparently reporting the fic (for its sex scenes) to try to get it removed.

4. masterpeng

masterpeng First Year DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Maybe it's time to move this story from Almost recommended to trash bin. I would assume most positive reviews were done before the fic descended into "Harry sexgod" territory. Year 1 was actually decent.

Obi
  5. Dubious Destiny

Dubious Destiny Seventh Year

I liked the story once I got myself to see past the rough exterior. I just ignored what I thought were the author's attempts to portray Harry accurately. Guy went a step too far on this one though. If he had just given it as a throwaway comment and not referenced real life events and countries, I am pretty sure most of us reading it, me included, would have ignored it. Increasing focus on analysis shown through the Zabini angle made it obvious that the next tirade of his was going to be much longer and controversial.

I was interested in what Bjalomolf was up to, too bad it is likely it will never be completed( I refuse to believe nukes were the only play he had).

On the other hand, he had it coming. He knew exactly what he wrote. He ain't no Harry to write whatever he wished.

6. Methos

Methos High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    updated again, more of the author narrow mind is showing off.
    If only Harry had someone who was expert at social engineering to consult with, something he did last chapter.
    He is more Dumbledore than he want to admit, everything for the Greater Good (TM)

The story is coming to an end per the author comments few more chapters remained.

7. Methos

High Score:
    Last chapter, the fic ended and the author kept in diving deep deep into what ever mess.
    The fic was interesting in how low the author can go, while having interesting ideas in the middle.

8. iamnotreal

iamnotreal Second Year

High Score:
    I don't even really know what to say at the end of this. It started off quite strong I remember and then after more than 800 thousand words (seriously, eight hundred fucking thousand words) I still don't know if I actually read a story. It just went on, and on, and on, and then it didn't. Still will be reading the sequel though.

9. Hymnsicality

Hymnsicality Seventh Year

The islamaphobia was gross and the sexism throughout the story robbed it of interesting characters (especially considering the majority of the main characters were female) but it did capture the self indulgent nature of fan fiction quite well. That and competent writing made it picture perfect guilty pleasure.
    Let’s see what he comes up with in his GoT crossovers.

Obi
  10. Fudoutoku

Fudoutoku Fourth Year DLP Supporter

He should have just taken over the world, the big pussy.

11. Methos

High Score:
    Not sure what to expect in the Sequel, root for the Others to take over?
    The Fire Demons of Lord of light, or the Eldritch horrors in the bottom of the sea.
    Name in only HP from Love of Magic will just curb stomp anyone else.

The author has a close circle of followers, who worship Harry mighty dick and envy his skill with the fair sex.

12. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

Luckily the racism has saved this story from becoming too boring. The last three chapters were really entertaining (due to stupidity).

13. Snowmutant

Snowmutant Muggle

The racism and sexism in this story make me seriously question how anybody could like this.

Obi
  14. Microwave

Microwave Professor

I seriously doubt the reason this story is shit is only because of the racism and sexism.

15. MrBucket

MrBucket Fifth Year

Simple, people don't view it as racism or sexism. It's surprising how casual people take obvious and thinly veiled bigotry.

16. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I would say that I had existing investment in it from when he wasn't so obvious about his isms.

17. reputlet

reputlet Squib

how badly does the author need to destroy his own story before we move it into the trash bin? I'm glad i gave up on it months ago and from what I've heard I got out at a good time. Its probably one of the most obvious self-insert power trip stories in the fandom. His private copies of the work probably have harry's name replaced with his own.

Obi
  18. sasha1213

sasha1213 Muggle

Come on, you guys. It is a good story and you know it. Just admit it. And where do you see racism or sexism? Harry fucks a black chick for God's sake and listens to her advices. And the only remarkable characters besides him are basically his wifes/mistesses, which are all women by the way. I really like this Harry, he has some balls and big ones. But yes, the ending is a bit depressing.

19. Dicra

Dicra Groundskeeper

Powerwank, tons of badly written smut with tiny hints of plot in between a whole lot of very wordy nothing? With a dull sociopath as main character, and a few paper thin trophy girlfriends on top of that?

... I think I can't admit to know this is anything but awful.

Obi
  20. Hymnsicality

Hymnsicality Seventh Year

/thread

Just because noodlehammer is potentially a piece of shit human doesn’t discredit his fic. The fact that it becomes a bloated parody of itself about a quarter of the way in does.

The first few chapters are actually fairly interesting, Hermione death and reflection after hinted at character growth that never came. The tactical blunder that got Dobby killed was never mentioned again.

People want Harry’s dick not because he’s a sex god but because he’s rich, seems pretty reasonable. And then he actually becomes a sex god and shit goes downhill from there.

Noodlehammer’s strength has always been his opening chapters and then he starts sucking himself off something fierce and it all falls apart.