1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP From the Ashes by SilverKnight - T - Justice League

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by TRH, Aug 1, 2012.

1. TRH

TRH Groundskeeper

Title: From the Ashes
    Author: SilverKnight
    Rating: T
    Genre: Drama/Adventure
    Pairing: Mild Batman/Wonder Woman
    Fandom: Justice League
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5935997/1/From_the_Ashes

Summary: They say every cloud has a silver lining. Try telling the Justice League that.

As much as I love the DCAU and the DCverse in general, I can't say I've ever been that interested in fanfics for them. I've certainly taken a look around, but the stuff on FFN is surprisingly lacking in the epicness I expect to see from the DCAU and that makes me reluctant to look at most of it.

This fic is different, though; it's based on the "Near Apocalypse of 2009" line from Batman Beyond, and although it doesn't seem to fall into line with BB continuity-wise, I can forgive that for the simple reason that this is the best Near-Apocalypse fic I've ever seen. Bruce Timm could not have done any better himself.

The story largely revolves around Batman and his mythos, which is understandable with Ra's al Ghul as the villain. As things stand at the beginning, Bats is going through a crisis of confidence on account of what the Joker did to Tim Drake, and his response to what happened is to push away the people he cares about, so they won't be endangered like Tim was. There's quite a bit of angst here, but it's handled reasonably well, and it ties into the plot, so I can live with it.

As for Ra's, he's one of the best things about this story. In the comics and the cartoons he's probably one of the biggest victims of villain decay around, but that's a thing of the past here; he's brought his A-game this time, and it's beautiful to watch.

TL;DR: If you want to see Ra's al Ghul vs. the JLU handled adroitly, tastefully, and, most importantly, epically, then give this worthy fic a read. 5/5.

2. cloud91

cloud91 Fourth Year

Love it, this is easily the best Justice League fic I've ever read.

5/5

3. I Burn Water

I Burn Water Seventh Year

Great story, definitely too heavy on the angst, but not so much that it weakens the story. Well characterized DCAU Batman.

5/5