1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Frozen "Fanfics"

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Stalin's Pipe Organs, Mar 29, 2014.

1. EVA-Saiyajin

EVA-Saiyajin Squib

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    https://m.fanfiction.net/s/10475828/1/Storm-Front

I stumbled upon this gem quite by accident.

It's a Frozen / Guardians cross, something I genuinely have no interest in normally.

The author (Xed Alpha) mentioned this fic was a side project in the latest update of his Evangelion/ Mass Effect xover, which I really enjoy.

Basically, Jack is exposed to the world on Earth and, in trying to escape a furious North, he utilizes a 'beta version' of one of his Snow Globes.

This opens up a portal that whisks him away to Arandell and a world where everyone can see/ touch him because the world ostensibly believes in magic.

Oh, and Pitch had turned the globe into a quasi-Horcrux at some point in the past, so he's around too.

It's only three chapters in, but I'm loving it. I feel like the author has really nailed the characters, which is all I really want from fanfic these days...

Edit: I haven't checked if this had already been recc'd, but it was published relatively recently, so apologies if it was. I didn't check.

3. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

For a moment there I thought you meant Guardians of the Galaxy, not Rise of the Guardians. :p

4. Gengar

High Score:
    Hah, apologies!

Suddenly craving a GotG/ Frozen xover :c

5. ReverseSide

ReverseSide Slug Club Member

I recall Fire and Ice by Delusional Fishies being pretty good. It's a crossover with ATLA as well though, to be clear.

6. Strider

Strider First Year

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10080427/1/Moonsong

Frozen/Rise of the Guardians crossover (although GotG would have been awesome)

Shameless (second) plug for my story. Feel free to rip it apart, I didn't put as much time and effort into it as some of the people on this site do on their own fics.

7. Stalin's Pipe Organs

Stalin's Pipe Organs Auror

Any good Frozen fanfics appear this last year?

8. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Here's one I'm fond of that a quick glance through the thread hasn't turned up:

It's a crossover with the Dresden Files and has Dresden post-Cold Days chasing a rogue Winter fae through a portal that leads to Arendelle. He then starts chasing it down and ends up running into Elsa when she and her guards shows up at a murder scene he's investigating.

It's not the best piece of fiction ever written, the dialogue is wooden at times, and the author is only passingly capable at Dresden's 'style', for lack of a better term, but it's mechanically good and the pacing/structure is solid. Overall, I'd give it 3.5/5, maybe a 4 if I'm feeling particularly generous.

9. draykfyre

draykfyre Second Year DLP Supporter

I've been enjoying Sillage. It's guilty pleasure level fluffy elsanna that hits the right notes for me to enjoy it well enough.

Author summary:

Modern AU. Not long after Elsa was born, her parents fell into marital strife and her father had an affair. As the years pass, Elsa eventually comes to know Anna, the half-sister she was never supposed to meet. The heir and the (literal) redheaded bastard child can't find a way to fit into one another's lives, but that never stops them from trying, no matter how strange their relationship becomes.

10. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

So, I'm enjoying Worlds Frozen a lot. A whole lot.

I mean, my entire bit of experience with Frozen fanfics is Republic's spectacular Frozen/HTTYD tale, and that incestuous smut fic A Crown Among Peasants.

But that was quite an engrossing bit of storytelling, and I've greatly enjoyed the melding of magics within. The most recent bit with the Trolls was spectacular.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    There was something about WF that made me stop reading. Can't remember what though :-/

12. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Same. It's not bad but it really isnt all that good either.

13. Stalin's Pipe Organs

I'm on Chapter 12 and honestly am very bored.

Does this get as good as r9kElsa in the future?

14. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Did you, perchance, notice the recent update?

15. Stalin's Pipe Organs

It completely jumped the shark when Anna turns into the Hulk in chapter 13.

16. draykfyre

draykfyre Second Year DLP Supporter

Nah, it doesn't, but then not a lot does in the frozen fandom. The chapters aren't too long, so you haven't reached any of the angst yet. The angst level never gets near r9k anywhere so far.

17. Miner

Miner Order Member

Big necro, but I notice there was just this general rec thread for Frozen, so...

I've been on a bit of a Frozen binge in the past couple months. Read through a lot of stuff including the good (r9k, you are, tempest), the guilty pleasures (ASIS, sting of summer's winter), and even the downright cringey ones (Anna Summers, PA, queen's mercy, etc).

What I've listed isn't comprehensive of all that I've read, but I was wondering if people around here have discovered anything new in the past couple years?