1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Frozen Heart, Crimson Steel by Zetsubou Writer - [T/PG13] - Naruto

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Trooper, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Fimbulvintr

Fimbulvintr Seventh Year

As far as I know, with the exception of Gaara, none of the other vessels have ever gone crazy. Actually, it's kind of implied that they all had excellent, if not total, control over their demonic abilities. The village was pissed at Naruto because the fox that killed their friends and Hokage were sealed into a kid they couldn't touch on pain of death.

The village's reaction to Naruto was a mix of fear at what he contained/may become and their frustration at not having something to kill in revenge. This reaction was not justified, one cannot justify something inherently unfair.

2. ReverseSide

ReverseSide Slug Club Member

You can justify anything. Whether or not it's a moral justification is another matter.

3. Zetsubou Poster

Zetsubou Poster Muggle

I agree. Konoha's treatment of Naruto in canon is entirely understandable, whether or not it's morally justifiable. In the real world people get treated worse for less reason.

I may be a bit biased in this regard, but I think that a one off beating by drunken villagers acting out their suppressed feelings is understandable as well. Canon Naruto didn't have any minders, otherwise he would never have gotten close to the forbidden scroll without getting caught, so it's reasonable to assume that someone could get away with attacking Naruto once because there are no security precautions in place.

Repeated attacks stretch credulity however, especially ones where the villagers are screaming "die demon!" That seems to be a pretty clear case for mass executions.