1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[FRPG] National Crime Shadow

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nauro, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

The chick with Evan might have been Eliza Conder, some employee of a harbour firm. You haven't heard anything about her before this day, and the workers permit has only a small picture, that doesn't help much coupled with a bloated face, only that it looks similar.
    As per post #64, there is no more identification to be found - it apears that Alonzo was stripped clean of all his posesions.

Harbour is, well, biggest in the state and handles a 1/4th of USA sea trafic from and to asia. So yeah, big.

Swinging by someones place would to find a laptop would work. You all can have either that or a personal computer - totally your choice.

"Fucking cunt." Jack mouths 'vampires' with a frown. "I'm fucking over my head," he adds with a lowered voice, as if someone would jump him any second. "I'll go tell the boys that were fucking finaly leaving. I'll stay till Ed meets the fucking doctor, and will send the guys home now."

If the next post isn't against it, I'll presume that you leave, leaving the wet taxi on the shore of the Lake Washington, and take all the dead bodies and whatever evidence you found with yourself.
    There shouldn't be any problem driving the two cars back, and taking the third from the road.
    Afterwards that I will probabably outline the possible travel locations depending on your finds. (And these won't be the only ones available, obviously, just an incomplete suggestion list.)

2. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Before we leave I motion to Jack,

"Did you bring a bottle of bleach or something similar to remove all the DNA from the area? If not wipe everything down with a cloth. Try to wash the blood and DNA away if you can."

-Connor McCroft.

3. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

"Yeah, we have some cleaning shit or other, in the jeep." Jack goes to take out a white plastic bottle. "Fuck, Ed was supposed to do that."

The cleaning takes another ten or so minutes. During that time, you double check if you had missed anything, but find nothing more.

The guys report nothing new when the Jack asks them, only a few passerbies that turned back at the sight of the car on the road.

As you are finally leaving the premises, after turning into another street, you see the police lights in the distance, heading towards the place you had just left.

Seattle 2012 – 06 – 01
    Family Doctor's place in North Juanita, 02:11​

It's a medium sized private house, with a wider, and better lit basement than usualy common and a convenient garage that allows you to park the jeep and bring everyone (dead or alive) to examine more closely.
    The place's owner, Dr. S. Goulet, stares at the severed arm for a second or two, and then starts organizing the table in the basement. The guy has short black hair and a slightly darker complexion, probably indicating a mixed family.

Inside the basement, there's an array of quality medical equipment, enough for most basic work. Dr. Goulet asks you to feel like home, and turns to his work - however judging by the muttered silent curse words (something that sounds similar to "pezzo di merda") - Ed is, most probably, not getting his arm back.

Jack decides to stay ("in case something fucking else happens"), but sends his guys home.

Thomas, however, comes to you before leaving and mutters something apologetically, somewhat incoherently.
    "I'm sorry - I probably had too much - I don't usually do weed on the nights we have something to do - it was supposed to be a quiet guard duty - I'm sorry - I should have seen the ambush - it's my fault Ed was injured."

There probably is a computer in the house, yes.

---
    The main destinations to go to are thus - a bit in advance, if you want to do something here, but this list, also can represent whatever brainstorming you can quickly perform.*
    I'll accept the first declaration "we go to X/do Y" that is clear enough, and not a "shoud we go to X?". Also, don't devote too much time for arguing which is better, as it would be really slow - you are free try to and catch each other on irc, or something, or simply state your arguments for all of them at the same time. Just, please send me a copy of the log in PM, if you do it elsewhere.
    • Meeting Diego to kill him or to discuss the weather or something.
    • The Harbor - a firm Eliza Conder works in, or searching for Pietro
    • The Six Pistols bar. (A small search would show that it works through all the night, a small establishment not very far from Central Business District, in East Pine Street)
    • Go to sleep and meet in the morning (pulling allnighters is easier with vampire blood in your body, but a few in a row would be exausting), read the news.
    • Analysis of Evan's files
    • Some other lead. (Hector, Joey, etc)
    • Anything else.

*It's probably the last time you get such a complete list, as it took entirely too much time to compile form my notes.

---
    New names:
    Dr. Sebastian Goulet - a surgeon that works for the family

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  4. Coyote

Coyote He howls n' stuff

I brush off Thomas' babbling and offer him a cigarette on the way out. "We're the professionals, and we just almost got fucked. You were out of your league. Honestly, you acted about as right as could be expected by getting the fuck out of there when shit went bad. Pride's a little bitch, ignore her."

After he leaves, I immediately beeline to the computer and start going over the footage I just shot, making a backup and emailing it to myself in the process.

5. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

The film turned out to be of good quality - you managed to capture most of the action, and even though the position of the last few minutes - filmed when you jumped to help Devon get the girl off him - is a little weird, it's visible.
    The sounds gunshots and screams have a worse quality, but there's a small interference, sounding like a very silent radio that just isn't catching the channel.
    Just after Devon starts demanding that somebody got the bitch off him, you notice an interesting simmer in the film. After a few moments you have a few still shots of something glittering, in the car lights. Reminds of a ghostly silluette of a man with a walking stick and a bowl hat floating half a meter above the ground, but only if you squint your eyes and have a really good imagination. Probably a play of car lights in the camera focus, though.

I guess Kyle saves the two stills in a separate image files, and also makes a backup, right?

6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I watch the video alongside Kyle and then whisper quietly to him.

"There was something else there." I draw in a long breath. "In the trees, there was a crow. It stuck around even when we started shooting and that dead bitch tried to rip my lungs. It-whatever it was- tried to tell me something after I drank the blood, but I don't know what. Something about the guitar; that's why I searched it."

I let out a sigh.

"Do you think it was one of Them?"

7. Coyote

Coyote He howls n' stuff

I turn to Devon, and raise an eyebrow.

"Honestly, if I didn't know better, I'd think you took something that didn't agree with you... I don't know. Maybe. This whole setup reeks of the weird. More than normal. I wasn't recording to keep out of the fight, man-- I just want to be able to have some information on these types of fuckers for the next time we have to deal with 'em. Speaking of... We really need to get rid of those bodies before they start to stink."

I pause, and a disgusted expression shoots across my face before it settles into a grin. I turn and lean over the chair I'm sitting in to call back to the rest of the group. "Hey, Connor, you went to med school. Wanna chop up one of those bodies for us? See if there's anything weird?"

8. Riley

I wrinkle my nose in distaste.

"I wouldn't put it so crudely, but I had indeed planned to take them back to my lab and do a full post-mortem dissection of the bodies. For now however, we should focus on finding this caller. I feel that a dissection would be better served if we find the nameless caller first, that way I know what I can ignore and what I must not ignore."

I motion to the two cars, "who wants to go in which car?"

-Connor McCroft

9. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

That's what I mean - the conversations can be slow - it's easier to decide for everyone ;D

The equipment in the Dr. Gaulet basement is enough for two different operations at the same time, and wouldn't be much different than from Connor's place.
    Connor isn't exactly sure if this time the autopsy would show something a lot more than a standard dead body would, though.

Kyle, probably bored, tries to check out the usb key. There's a single file inside - a zip archive. However, after scanning with antivirus software, the computer beeps a few times, and deletes a few hidden ones.
    The archive demands for a password to be opened, however, Kyle just frowns and makes a few searches in the internet, gathers a short list of names and dates, and tries out a few combinations. Remembering the guitar with six pistols sticker, Kyle tries out a guitarist of Sex Pistols and the band's beginning date.
    Surprisingly, after two tries, a password "Steve1975Jones" works.

After that - there's quite a few files open for viewing. Kyle does allow anyone to look over his shoulder while browsing.

The information is gathered into a few folders.
    SC.txt, in SC folder is rather vague:

Pentex Enterprises folder has a few files with pictures and names.
    there's a folder by the name of Helios
    There's only one file in Lutz folder
    The last folder has only two photos of bad quality, named by the person names.
    Kyle had a good roll.
    Also - don't put much emphasis on who and what are you driving, it's a car you all can fit in, unless you specifically want to take the jeep with the dead bodies somewhere.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  10. Riley

(I wanted to bring one of the bodies with me.)

"Well, shit. I know what those words next to Helios means and we're going to need some Heat Sensing units asap," I murmur to the group. I hope the others know what the rest of it means.

-Connor McCroft

11. BriAn

BriAn Squib

I see that kyle managed to unlock the usb and say, "Damn, good job Kyle."

As I look through the files and say, "Wait that name, Calvin, it sounds familiar. I'm not positive, but I might have heard it while I was still with the police a while back. I'll call my contact and see if I can get any information on him."

-Mark Lin

12. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

In the middle of the night?

Or will you wait till morning?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  13. Aekiel

High Score:
    "I've heard something about this Andrea bitch too. I think she had some shit going down with my arms dealer, I'll give him a ring in the morning."

14. BriAn

BriAn Squib

I grab my phone and am about to make the call. Devon's comment makes me realize how late it is. I return my phone to my pocket and say, "Actually, I'd probably have a better chance of getting results in the morning."

-Mark Lin

15. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

Please write posts that make me reply something. With no alerts in the mail, I can't get myself to spend time for this. Or has everyone run out of juice already?

You all spent most of the night at the doctor's house, probably even resting some along the brainstorming and thinking.

(refer to https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=572671&postcount=83)

Nearing the morning, the sun still not risen, you called your contacts, and this is what you got: (I'm posting it here, as with the activity as low as this last ten days, I'm afraid people won't read them. Also, we're presume early risers or early work hours for contacts.)

Police (Mark):
    Calvin is in police's registry. Two suspected murders, but no proof. He was held in custody for two months (total) for other minor stuff, but never sent to jail. He was supposed to be on observation, but they stopped after a year, and there's no work to renew that.
    Has a tattoo of Jesus on Cross that spans over his back.

Weapons (Devon):
    Andrea Giovanni has been buying weapons from the same guy. Nothing that special, spanning the range of three years there have been a couple of pistols, one combat rifle, and an smg. He also got a box of tracer rounds for the combat rifle.
    On the side, your contact knows that he had bought something from the drug department guys, but that might have been a rumor.

Medicine (Connor):
    You get an email*(sms) message back, from the previous call to your phone. "Phone is going to interfere with my equipment, found a minute to write this. If you want to talk scars, come over to my clinic, whenever convenient. Door code 3820. Or, I'll call you in the evening. Joey."

*I presume he has your mail, which probably is connected with your phone. You can say that he doesn't, so threat it as sms, but then there's some shit like "Sent using siteX" at the end and an obviously wrong phone number.

Dissecting the bodies, would probably reveal nothing different from usual dead bodies (except the obvious wounds that you have inflicted which look like they were made after the death.) We can assume that Connor could have found time to do so at the doctor's clinic.

Where do you head out to?

16. Aekiel

High Score:
    I've been suffering from flu for the past couple of weeks. Makes it difficult to pay attention to anything. I'll add some stuff in a bit.

17. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

Seeing as quite some time has passed since the first of July, and there's only silence...

I'm reviving this for a few simple questions.

Does anyone want to hear why who and what was planned?
    Or, are there enough some very optimistic people who'd like to continue?

As an option, I might be persuaded to do a skype/irc/whatever 'game ending session' or something to that regard. Of course, with the same characters.*
    Even though timezones are something of mild weak point of my memory, a site http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com claims that I live in GMT +3 zone (EET summer).
    I could find, maybe, 4-5 hours of time within the time-frame 9:00 - 22:00 gmt on a weekend, maybe with even more flexibility if we are talking about Saturday to Sunday night. The offer stands for this and next weekend.

*maybe with substitute players, even

18. Riley

If you can give me another week or so I'd be good to continue. I kind of stopped because I got hired for a full-time job that goes from noon to 9pm. I've just been getting used to the hours and I can promise that I'll be good to go within a week at the very least. I hope others are willing to continue too.

19. Aekiel

High Score:
    I'd prefer IRC or Skype as a means of doing this, since you can get a lot more done over either of those than you can through forums. I play a game with Coyote, Fiat and Mishie through IRC every weekend that's pretty damn awesome as it is. I'd be quite happy with this continuing through either method if the rest of the players are up for it.

20. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

Figured I do have to reply since nothing looks to empty.

So, two players are somewhat alive, in a week (Yes, you have that week).
    Others look kind of dead. (Damned logistics)

In general, I'm ready to reply any game actions declared, as I do have an alert on the thread. You can post something relevant anytime, till at least two guys are still there.

But I'll try to be on irc on the weekend, in general, if you see me we can talk about the possibilities ;D