1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Fuzzy Logic by Deritine - T - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Cladius, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Cladius

Cladius Muggle

Title: Fuzzy Logic
    Author: Deritine
    Rating: T
    Genre: Humor/Adventure/Time-Travel
    Pairing: None
    Chapters: 40
    Words: 161,393
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4976492/1/

Summary: AU time travel: The kyuubi no kitsune knew something was wrong, but couldn't put a paw on quite what. However, there are benefits to being a force of nature, including time itself bending to accommodate you. Finished!

I've checked the site and was surprised that this fic hasn't been added,(or maybe i'm just an inept idiot with no hunting skills) its really great and original fic. This fic stars an eccentric Kyuubi(or Mutsume as she is called in the fic), who over the centuries sealed into Naruto has unwittingly adopted much of Naruto's careless persona. In Deritine fic Kyuubi is the hole in which the negative emotions(like anger and hatred) of all humans drain into and because of this she unable to die; now with Naruto death, and consequently Kyuubi's, the very universe tries to fix the abscence of one of it's key components(i.e Kyuubi) by rebooting time back before Kyuubi was sealed.
    Fuzzy Logic is very well-written, engaging story. Good pacing as well. Kyuubi is very likable character in this fic and I recommend this to anyone who wants a break from Naruto centric fics. Aside from a few minor discrepancies it's perfect. 5/5

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  2. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Liked it as a crack fic. As far as everything else, it's decent enough.

You really need to suspend disbelief to get into the story though.

4/5 as crack.

3. Cladius

Cladius Muggle

True Enough. But I like that Deritine turned an overall unapproachable character into a very likable character.

Thats just me though..

4. Nocdia

Nocdia Sixth Year

It gets strange as fuck towards the end...still, amusing for a while. I think it's a pretty good example of a your-millage-will-vary style fic though.

5. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

This story started out reasonably normal, but by the end it had turned into absolute gibberish. I'm not really sure what to rate it. I suppose 3/5 for most of it, and 1/5 for the ending.

Edit: *sigh* In fairness, I feel obligated to mention that I despise the "crack" story type, so really, my vote could be considered rather generous. Indeed, the story was tolerable before the author decided sanity was overrated.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  6. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

I read this a while it was being written, I remember being really impatient for it to update, definitely a engaging fun read though in terms of technical style its only average. The humor and character interactions are fun but I imagine if your reading it all at once it gets grating.

7. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

Eh, I give it a 4/5. It has a lot of issues, but where and when it shines, it shines bright. Still, the ending is mediocre, and it is a crackfic, so milage may vary.

8. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

It was pretty fun and somewhat original. But yeah, crack fic, guilty pleasure. Totally shipping Minato/Musume though. As others have said, the ending was nigh unreadable - I was hoping for a better build up to Musume revealing who she really was and all.

Anyway, 3/5. It was enjoyable (and these days I struggle to get into Naruto fics - they all seem to be the same shit), but not really library material.