1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Games you wish existed

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Skeletaure, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As far as I understand, GalCiv3 is just GalCiv2 with a graphical upgrade.

2. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The more I think about it the more I think a Worm MMO would be great.

3. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Given how unconventional some of Worm's powers are, I think it'd be hard to make a game system that represents them well.

I played Galactic Civilizations 2 a lot years ago. Of course I sucked and used cheats often, but still, had fun. Never got any of the expansions though.

4. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

I'd love a remastered Jedi Knights game, loved jumping around as Kyle Katarn

5. marlow

marlow Squib

High Score:
    Yeah natural selection 2 is pretty cool, although it's a little smaller scale than I was thinking. I guess it shows that the idea is possible though.

We're getting to the point where for some of these game ideas technology is no longer the limiting factor but rather the production/design team's imagination. And while we are getting some new and innovative games, too much effort goes into serials, updating old titles (COD, basically all EA games, etc.)

6. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Beyond Good and Evil 2.

7. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

Stalker 2.

"But what about Survarium?" I know, I thought the same thing when it was announced, and I held out hope... but it's not Stalker, it just isn't and that broke my heart, my cheeki breeki heart.

8. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Michel Ancel recently confirmed that this was still in development, so we still have hope!

9. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Legacy of Kain: Dark Prophecy.

But instead, we got Nosgoth. Fucking hell.

10. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

A Song of Ice and Fire RPG.

The scope the game would need to have to make it perfect almost assures the reality would be an epic disappointment - but that's what wishes are for.

11. Ryen

Ryen Squib

A strategy game set in either Warhammer:40K/Supreme Commander/Star Wars universe with actual seamless transition between space and land battles and being able to influence both with elements from the other.

12. Ethrillarr

Ethrillarr Squib

A brand new Dawn of War 3 would be terrific, especially if it relied upon the mechanics of your idea, as well as using the gameplay style of the first Dawn of War game. Implementing the cover system from Dawn of War 2 would be quite good, as well as expanding the playable races out more. The Inquisition anyone?

13. Ryen

Ryen Squib

I mean nobody would expect the Inquisition.

But seriously I just want a new Dawn of War or the like because I love the universe so much.

14. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd pay good money for a Dawn of War RTS in similar style to the original that had Tyranids as a playable faction.

15. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

16. Ethrillarr

Ethrillarr Squib

Definitely. A remastered version of the original would be acceptable too. I'm keeping an eye on Eternal Crusade, interesting to see if it will succeed. From memory, Sega did register the domains for Dawn of War 3, but that doesn't exactly show any concrete proof.

17. Simplicity

Simplicity Third Year

One thing to keep in mind is that they seem to be going back to the Dawn of War games a bit more. Retribution just got an entire hero and some bug fixes, which does belay hope for a Dawn of War 3.

One thing you all need to keep in mind though, is that the Dawn of War games tend to be based around the (mis)adventures of the Blood Ravens chapters. Outside of Winter Assault, every campaign and such has heavily featured them, and after Retribution,
    With only the Space Marine campaigns and *maybe* the Imperial Guardsmen campaign having the Chapter survive
    trying to create a story that'll appeal to us all may be a problem. Still, there's a lot that could be explored with the faction in the potential campaign.

18. libraryaddict

libraryaddict Muggle

High Score:
    Not realistic in the near=term, but a game that existed as a voice control (Or if tech is advanced enough, AR) where your character can do anything that can take his fancy. Add several paths he can take so that he could become a superscientist, discover aliens, discover magic, another world. Etc. So you are basically making your own story from the same base world as everyone else.

To get this done today, you would need to make the characters every action preprogrammed so that the player cant actually do anything he likes.
    Can you imagine the programmers allowing the player to sacrifice every human on a altar? From child to adult?

What I would like to see is a super-AI who can be bent to our will just for this simple entertainment..

19. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

More co-op games like Shadowrun Chronicles: Boston Lockdown.
    I've had an amazing time with that game in the last several months, and I haven't found any similar ones. There's a plethora of good single-player options in the category (X-Com, other Shadowrun games), but this is the only co-op one I've come across. Helps that it's in a universe I quite like (Shadowrun).

More RPGs like Bastion, where the story is told by a voice actor while you play.
    I love RPGs, always have. But sometimes it gets old having to stop playing the game to click through text boxes full of story. I want to read the story, not skip it, but I don't like how it takes so much time when I want to be playing and not reading. Cut scenes are even worse, since you can't speed them up. I can read really fast to get the story, but I can't watch a pain in the ass video faster. And again, I don't want to skip the story, I just don't want it to make me stop playing to enjoy it. Bastion solved all that by delivering the story via voice acting while you play.

20. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

How many innocent souls must I sacrifice to the elder gods before a Grand Theft Auto game set in Tokyo is created?