1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Games you wish existed

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Skeletaure, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

Actually, I think I've recently read in a Gamestar that Piranha Bytes is working on a new game (unfortunately not Gothic). Far as the article went, Elex is a post-apocalyptic mix of science fiction and fantasy. I'm not clear on the details, but a guy from the developer team said in an interview that they went this way because you can only design so many medieval-looking items without becoming completely bored and disenchanted by the process. That at least is an attitude I can understand, and if it enables them to stretch out their creativity a bit, then I'm more than willing to give them a chance.

Always had the feeling that, even though G3 wasn't bad, it went downhill for PB after G2. Maybe a change of scenery will revitalize them, because that much is clear: if they want to, they can create one hell of an atmospheric world.

2. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, I remember that. It's supposed to have three factions, one will live in harmony with nature (medieval stuff), one will go for jetpacks and the third... something.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okami 2 :(

4. Hopper

Hopper Fourth Year

Freespace 3. I want my massive capital ships with beam cannons. I'd also like a finished storyline, and to see what happened to Earth when they finally rebuilt the gate. There's only so far FS2Open can take you.

5. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

A very rough concept for X-Men RPG I would like to play.

1) Character.

You can really go crazy if you want with their look since it's not unusual for the mutants, though it will have a repercussion, especially when interacting with normal humans. Then you choose your powers/mutations, their number depends on difficulty level.

Extra hard - one power only.

Hard - one power, but you get a second one (a secondary mutation) once you reach a certain level with you character.

Normal - two powers + a secondary mutation.

Easy - three powers + a secondary mutations.

After you finish a game and start Game Plus, you can choose a special power of copying other powers (how many depends on your current level).

2) Levelling up and powers.

Levelling your character allows you to gain and advance skills like hand-to-hand combat or singing (useful in social interactions), though it can be done in different ways too.

Your powers too have levels and you gain them by training and using in a battle.

Examples.

Healing factor:
    - lv.1 - 5HP/turn,
    - lv.2 - 10HP/turn.

Teleportation:
    - lv.1 - 1 time every 4 turns, 25 meters.

Energy beams:
    - lv.5 - -50HP and you can deflect them to hit someone behind a cover.

Telepathy:
    - lv.1 - every four turns you can try to control someone (you success depends on their willpower among other things).
    - lv.5 - you can fight in the astral plane with other telepaths.

3) Gameplay.

A mix of Persona and XCOM.

You start as a new student at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. After a tutorial where you learn about things like going to classes (mini-games and quizzes allows you to level up certain skills), fighting in Danger Room (simulations of normal battles) and interactions with others characters (for example by playing games with them, going to the city, organizing events in the school or dating), you get a chance to create your own team, first to compete with other students then to be send on the missions.

For that you need to ask a senior X-Man to be your mentor (can be tricky with more popular characters). After that it's all about meeting other students and trying to convince them to join your team, either by befriending them (you get bonuses for their stats) or giving them something they want. Some are easier to recruit, other are harder and not all will work well with everyone else. Overall teamwork level affect their performance and sometimes it's better to not have two otherwise powerful mutants on the team though you can try to mediate between them.

Once you finish some main missions, you will be able to recruit older characters to your team, because it's not going to be considered simply a student group, but a branch of X-Men team.

Battles are similar to XCOM, but with less guns and more superpowers. What would take a lot of time is to have various powers be powerful, especially on higher levels, but at the same time ensure that none are overpowered. Maybe by giving them some weaknesses. Like even lv.10 telepathy can't be used on someone protecting their mind like Magneto does and you need to remove their helmet first.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  6. elilev3

elilev3 Squib

High Score:
    No More Heroes 3 would be amaaaazing. Too bad Suda51 said it would only come in 15-20 years. :(

7. Myrrdin Emrys

Myrrdin Emrys Disappeared

High Score:
    A full on destructible environment. I know that would probably destroy the frame-rates, but seeing as games seen as impossible in 2010 are being sold out right now, it isn't that hard to believe that such a game could exist. Combine that with maybe a gang-warfare take to the world, bam, you have a game that people love to play.

8. chaosattractor

chaosattractor Groundskeeper

High Score:
    We're still a good way off from implementing a plot for such a world. Though it would be hilarious to accidentally blow up the MacGuffin in the first five minutes.

9. Myrrdin Emrys

High Score:
    Maybe... maybe. But the technology is very much available to us to enable making such a game, check out Crackdown 3, if you wish. A plot can be implemented with no bounds really.

And it is an open world that I'm looking for, so fuck everything. And if you kill the motivator for the whole story, the developers should continue the game if that happens. Be like Black Adam and kill the fuck out of everyone in the country. Or be like Shazam and save everyone. With a 100% legit destructible environment, you could do anything, so why not do everything?

10. Blinker

Blinker Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Having lost the last few weeks to XCOM I'd love to see that blended with a Games Workshop IP. Either Necromunda or some form of Space Marine squad sim seem perfect fits for me.

11. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

You're looking for Deathwatch then, if you want to see the Imperium deal with xenos threats in a way that's not outright warfare, but keep in mind that's with Astartes, from all the various chapters there are.

12. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

One advancing (or finishing) the main storyline of the Suikoden series.

13. Blinker

Blinker Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Does it exist as a video game? I saw a mention of deathwatch game but assumed it was a tabletop mini game like space hulk.

14. TheDark

TheDark Squib

High Score:
    A Star Wars game in which the new characters and the old characters comes together

15. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

It's a tabletop RPG, but not with miniatures. It's a Pen and Paper game from Fantasy Flight, like Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader and the like.

16. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

And apparently there is a video game called Deathwatch, but it deals with just Tyranids.

17. Rouge Angle

Rouge Angle Squib

A sequel to Pokemon Snap. It doesn't need all 721, I just want to see Pokemon in the wild again.

18. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

Mortal Online is something similar. Played it a while back. When you die, you drop all your loot on you and respawn at a ghost priest kind of person. Was decent enough, I just don't have the time for games like that.

19. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

You can do this in Red Faction, and that came out over a decade ago, and it was the best part about the game. You could use a rocket launcher to essentially mine through a mountain

20. Myrrdin Emrys

High Score:
    True, true, but Red Faction could- no, is considered old school now. What I'm looking for is a game built on this generation's engine and graphics, with completely destructible environment included. I guess I'll have to wait for Crackdown 3 then.

Though speaking of Red Faction, thanks for reminding me of that game, now I have something to play. :)