1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends v.2.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Dark Syaoran, Sep 10, 2012.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

The other thread was pretty massive and while there is no real need for a fresh one, I just felt like it. You can find the old thread here if you need it for any reason.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2013
  2. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just had like a 70 minute 4 v 4. We had Nasus, AP Ez (Me), Alistar and Diana.

They had Riven, Lux, Cait, and Karthus.

We were missing a Cait, they were missing a Mundo.

Now, normally, my team would have won. Since we started out far in the lead and held it for quite some time. But at some point Nasus decided to build AD GLASS CANNON and Diana build On-Hit Glass Cannon.

Seriously, I shit you not.

It doesn't help that Lux, Cait and Karthus were super fucking good at comboing their super-long-range ultimates to kill me and my team, plus the fact that they were always together in some way or another, whereas my team had all the fucking teamwork of your run-of-the-mill randoms.

I am getting really damned tired of going 4+/1 KDR for the first 5/6ths of 95% of my games, but then losing anyway because other retards feed like the dickens and eventually the enemy team paints a super-giant bullseye on the my face so I can't carry anymore...

and then losing.

REALLY FUCKING TIRED OF IT.

Why do people who are bad at this game think that somehow by saying 'u suck noob' when they're 4/15/3 and I'm 12/2/7, suddenly everything I've done has been invalidated and they're unassailable authorities on who is good and who is not?

And why doesn't it surprise me that the people with the terrible fucking grammar and abuse of the english language are generally the rusty dicknuggets who feed like they're tongans working at an all-you-can-eat-buffet?

ARGH.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  3. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

So I played some jungle Fizz tonight in normals. Wriggles > Trinity Force worked OK, but Lantern felt like overkill for Fizz. Stopping at Madred's then building AS/on hit worked much better, but having no Sheen meant my burst really suffered. Going full AP and rushing Lichbane meant I had an incredibly rocky start (almost certainly because I switched out my attack speed reds for magic penetration) but became death incarnate later.

Sadly despite having a positive KDA in every game, I got raged at constantly for 'troll picking' and costing the team the game. My favourite was the legendary skin Vladmir who went mid and got crushed by Akali. Explaining that maybe the 2/16/11 AD Sion in bot lane or the 3/11/9 Rengar in top lane (who actually built Bonetooth Necklace) were more of a burden than I was with a score of 8/5/11 didn't seem to stop his efforts to get me reported.

Sigh.

4. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Not going to lie, but since when did our League of Legends thread become such a big constant vent/rant at other supposed "trolls" while of course, we are the great players that always have positive KDAS. While I sympathize with your situations, it does get annoying that every time I come to this thread it's a long ass rant that amounts to basically the same thing.

5. Dreamweaver Mirar

Dreamweaver Mirar Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I think we mostly come here to rant in the games in which we feel we would have won if the rest of the team hadn't fed... When it's my fault that we lost, I generally recognize this fact, and don't rage about everyone else :p

6. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Honestly, I don't rant, so I don't post in this thread.

The only cool thing I can say is that AP Teemo is booooosssssssss. Two shrooms and the ad carry was so close to dead a single hit killed him.

7. Dreamweaver Mirar

AP Teemo is fun as hell as long as you're smart about placing your shrooms. I love getting kills on people who run off into the bush to recall.

8. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I suppose the tricky bit is that not all of us are great players, and maybe are, but aren't thinking critically while playing, and then they need to vent. I suppose you could do that on IRC though.\

Maybe make a thread "The LoL bitching thread"?

9. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

Already exists.

10. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I can't see them telling us about how they fucked up because it would decrease their e-peen size.

11. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I fucked up by queueing with Shezza. :facepalm

12. Dreamweaver Mirar

I fucked up by queueing with someone who was high @.@
    Bastard coulda told me before he fed my lane trying to gank.

13. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Duo queue rarely works out like It's supposed to. I really need to learn Blitzcrank and the AD carry role better before I duo queue any more, since those tend to be the positions open.

Also I've been thinking of using yellow armor/level runes instead of flat yellow for my.Mordekaiser top vs a bruiser. While it means I would start with a lower base armor, I start cloth 5 vs some bruisers anyway, so after level 5 I'd come out ahead.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  14. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Hmm, is that needed though? I feel like Mordekaiser's weakest phase is during those beginning level 1-3, where your sustain is still low and you can't really spam your skills without pushing lane (no wards at that point probably). Unless, of course, you are super pro and start out Cloth 3+ Ward. (Which I've never tried before, but I can actually see it working out a little).

I feel like the reason why flats are so popular is because of how important it is to win lanes. If you are winning lane and getting kills, more often than not you will stay ahead as long as you ward properly etc. Nonetheless, I can see armor/level working out if you play super passive anyways and want to head straight for strong late game. But, I also wonder if that little advantage late game is worth spending so much ip/rp on an entire set of armor/level seals.

Edit: On, forgot to mention. Flat Armor seals also help curb any ridiculous damage that may occur if your opponent is running Armor Penetration :S

15. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

I finally got around to trying Evelynn for the first time since the rework and... I'm confused.

On the one hand I'm shocked she made it through balance testing because a snowballing AP Evelynn is the most unfair thing I've ever played in this game. It puts old Evelynn with her stun on Ravage to shame. Bypassing sight wards is so good for roaming and ganking. Give her a DFG and she can instantly murder anyone who hasn't stacked magic resist, bought a Guardian Angel or picked Tryndamere.

On the other hand her early game is atrocious even compared to the other assassins, so getting that DFG can take a really long time. Any champion who can push and harass decently will stop her from being able to roam and get her snowball started. Getting hit with any kind of CC is a guaranteed death. She can't take a hit at all, from anyone, at any stage of the game. She's so fragile she makes Veigar look like Alistar.

Her burst is crazy good, but it's not that much more than LeBlanc or Talon can manage. Her ult is really nice for initiating a team fight, but with how fragile she is it's incredibly risky to be the first one in. She's decent at cleanup duty with the reset on Dark Frenzy after kills and assists, but not as good as a Katarina or Akali bouncing through low health dudes with Shunpo or Shadow Dance.

I've played six games, won them all convincingly, carried a 4v5, caused three people to rage quit and I still feel much stronger when I'm playing Akali or Fizz, because the margin of error is so incredibly small with Eve.

Anyone else have thoughts?

16. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Eve's been a champion I've wanted to try since the rework, but I've been put off jungling with her as like Shaco, she relies on her ganks working or else she falls so far behind and won't really do much when the teamfights start happening unless she can get the ganks going. That and she seems to be another jungler reliant on red buff for the slow otherwise her ganks get away from her, even with her speed buff.

Having said that, I've seen a few AP Eve's appear in mid and oddly enough, beat champions like Ori and Gragas (albeit with heavy jungler harrass till 6) and then just roaming freely which surely could be countered by a single pink... but people just don't see to buy them.

I agree with your overall thoughts Eldee despite not playing her. What I've seen is exactly the same, she simply has to rush a DFG to blow someone up like an assassin should but at the same time if she doesn't get a a good start and allowed to roam, short of having her lane camped by her jungler she does very little and gets demolished. I wouldn't say she's a viable AP mid unless you come up against something equally as squishy/lacking in poke (I'm thinking Anivia pre-6 for some reason) but once she gets started she's incredibly hard to stop as she just tears through people unbelievably fast.

Still want to try her out in either role eventually but for now I'm waiting on runes, planning out a build and getting a lobby of people who don't rage whenever you pick something outside the general meta champs.

17. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

I've been playing her mid, with two games as 0cs support bot because some other douche decided mid Eve was a troll pick and one game top because Lee Sin was terrified of Teemo. As a side note, it turns out Teemo shits all over Evelynn.

The jungle Eves I've seen have gone AD and not done great, so I dunno how well she can really do there. The ganks would be pretty good, but with how bad her early game is it can't be a safe clear. I'd have to try it as AP and see if some spell vamp is enough to keep her alive. Building her as an AD bruiser just seems dumb. If you're not stacking her ult with DFG for that huge %hp burst, then you're ignoring the one advantage she has over other assassins.

EDIT:
    Might as well say how I've been building her.

Boots +3 > Kage's Lucky Pick > Deathfire Grasp > Sorcerer's Shoes > Haunting Guise / Abyssal Scepter > Void Staff > Rabadon's Deathcap.

With a full build (and baron buff, because I had it in this screenshot), casting Deathfire Grasp and Agony's Embrace on a full health target with less than 70 MR will remove 88% of their health in less than a second. Your burst all comes from those two massive spells, so stacking magic penetration works out better than stacking straight AP. It really sucks if that Dr. Mundo you're trying to kill can resist half of your 3k+ damage combo.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  18. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Well, aside from the fact that I haven't played much League since GW2 came out, and that I also got incredibly comfortable with Akali before the Evelynn rework, I guess I can give some input.

When I first started playing Evelynn, I tried both AP and AD, and after having a bad experience with AD, ended up playing her AP for quite a while. Note that this was within the past twelve months, so it's during the weaker Evelynn period. It had it's ups and downs, and I mostly played her as a bot-lane-until-Sheen-and-level-6 champion when I did play her. I just didn't really like her in the Jungle if I was relegated as a Jungle-role champion select position.
    Eventually, I took a few more shots at AD Evelynn, and found that while it was generally a bit weaker in mid game, they both shared a mediocre early game, and AD actually had a stronger late game(in my opinion, insomuch as it could actually kill a tanky champion that AP had trouble pulling off some times). Well, I got both of my Evelynn Pentakills playing as AD at least. E was still useful as a moderate spike and armor debuff, Q was mostly a Trinity proc, but the Ult which was largely useless as AP, outside of an escape move, was immensely more useful. Well, aside from being weaker than Master Yi's Ult in every possible way, other from the minor heal effect.

Anyway, when the new Evelynn came around, I was eager to try her out both ways, if nothing else, than to see if I would like AP Evelynn once again. Overall, I found that AD Evelynn is stronger now than she was, with shorter duration buffs, but also shorter cooldowns if you don't get a refresher, and much higher boosts when they are up. That, and the one-time slow cleanse can be a life-saver, and it even clears exhaust!
    Also, the hybrid damage scaling on Q and E helps them to be more viable side-damage sources, especially since you would always be spamming your Q regardless. Not to mention the increased range on Q allowing pretty darn good lane-farming if you choose to take her there, even against an opponent with ranged harass.

I will admit though, that with how used to AD Evelynn I got, I haven't played the new version as AP nearly as often. That said, I do agree that she's more effective in that role than she was previously as well.

I'm still not a big fan of her in the Jungle, when I would likely play Nautilus, Sejuani or Hecarim instead... not that I Jungle often, but I have done it a couple of times. Once to rather nice success with a full pre-made, and the other time to personal success, but an overall loss, with a duo-queue. I've mostly taken her top and in the 'bot AD' role with a more 'durable' type Support who can help endure until level 6. Often out-farming the enemy ranged AD, somehow.
    Inexplicably, I've managed to defeat a Nasus and a Yorick top on separate occasions, although I know that I should have almost definitely lost the latter, and the former was mostly because of my W cleansing his Withers while I kite-harassed with Q until his health was low enough to engage safely along with my Ult being somewhat of a counter to his own.

As for my usual build for AD, I go:
    Boots + Pots
    Sheen
    Berserker's Greaves
    (Avarice Blade and Vampiric Scepter somewhere in there)
    Infinity Edge
    Blood Thirster
    Youmuu's Ghostblade usually comes in around this point
    ...then I either complete my Trinity Force or get a defensive item first, depending on the state of the game.
    Whichever one I didn't get first from the above, I grab next.

Despite initial opinion, I actually have been appreciating a Warmog's getting tossed into the new Evelynn, where I would usually drop a Phantom Dancer in the former one, when one considers the new stealth functionality. That and Berserker's Greaves, Youmuu's Active and her new E(and maybe a Green Elixir, I can't recall), puts her at 2.4+ Attack Speed anyway.

-----

Either way, I'll admit that I still play Akali or Caitlyn more regularly than I do Evelynn, which was my main for quite a while after I unlocked her.

19. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Honestly, I think she's fine where she is. There is a bug that needs to be fixed though. She can use Deathfire Grasp and Agony's Embrace without having her stealth removed. In the end, it's maybe just a .5 seconds of extra stealth, but it should be fixed since it's not meant to be like that.

20. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Just wasted an hour because of a troll yi. Ahead by 20 but unable to end because yi refuses to group. It wasn't that he was split pushing, it was that he was ONLY playing to farm until he could 1v5. Which you can't fucking do if they have half a brain and half a cc.

Not open for further replies.