1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General Mafia Discussion

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I'm not sure who I'd go about PMing but I imagine part of the process would involve talking to Zeit and Lexi as well as figuring out what permissions are needed and whatnot. That aside, I'm not sure who has access to what.

EDIT: I'll hop on IRC tonight if no one else contacts an Admin to see if I can't get a hold of one.

2. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I talked to Oz on IRC and he said that they think 2 mods for here is enough.

3. Riley

What if those mods are inactive?

4. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Mods are there to lock and unlock threads as needed or s requested by game hosts, and to keep the sub-forum tidy. The game host's word is always final, we shouldn't need mods for remediation. If you disagree with a host on a mechanic, decision, or anything else in a game speak with it to them and maybe they'll take it into consideration. If you're told to stop nagging them, stop nagging them. If you can't do that I will put my boot up your ass.

If you keep finding yourself disagreeing with a host, simply don't play in that person's games. Mafia is for fun, not some weird tribal-political form of warfare between members.

5. Riley

Oz, as you can see above that's not at all what I'm complaining about. It has nothing to do with whatever you're talking about and everything to do with the fact that Zeit hasn't been around in a while and Lexi takes a bit to get a response from/is a bit lackluster in her duties.

6. Oz

Then bring it up with a member of staff, don't whine in a thread hoping someone will see it.

EDIT: Titus hasn't logged in since Sunday for whatever reason, my guess is you're shit out of luck. Having more mods isn't going to help there.

7. Riley

It literally took me 3 PMs and two seperate posts on two seperate threads over the course of a week and a half to get a thread unlocked.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I just want to see a mod or two that has more enthusiasm for their role in this subforum.

I was hoping to get at least one of the two current mods to at least interact with us before taking it upwards in the chain of command because then I'd be faced with "is it really necessary or are you dicking around complaining". I'd rather this situation have been solved in this sub-forum, rather than by moving the case up and bothering one of you guys.

8. Oz

I'm also not trying to be a dick, but the number of complaints and problems with this sub-forum is way out of proportion to its size. You could have gotten that thread unlocked in probably minutes just by asking in #darklordpotter or PMing another member of staff if Lexi and Zeit were both mia. We can't help you guys if we don't know there's a problem.

Also I'd question even locking threads during night phases if getting threads unlocked is becoming a problem. If someone posts when they shouldn't, penalize them in game or ban them from further games.

9. Riley

Obviously, but again, I'd rather not have to go to you guys for simple stuff like that. That's my main concern, simple stuff. If I have to go to one of you guys constantly than obviously there's a problem somewhere.

Like I said, I was hoping to get a response from the two current mods before I moved up the chain. Really I just want a pair of moderators who want the responsibility. If they do than more power to them and I'll just keep pestering them, but if for one reason or another, a new mod would serve to fit the bill I'd happily defer to them as well.

I don't care who the mods are, I just want them to be active.

10. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I agree, we have a mod situation. It's fine if one mod becomes busy, that's what the other mod is for, but for both of them to disappear without saying anything, there's a problem. I would even be fine with both of them disappearing at once, but as I said, they have said nothing on the matter and we don't know what they're doing or when they'll be back.

I also agree, we don't need more than two mods and locking threads at night is unnecessary.

I would have liked to hear Zeit and Lexi's opinions on this, but because they're apparently not around... :/

11. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Bottom line is that this many people wouldn't be pushing for an additional mod if there wasn't a problem.
    If it was just Riley starting crap and being difficult, no one would be backing him up--but he's not. I would love to wait for Zeit or Lexi but this talk has been going on for a while and there haven't replied in any way about it.

Please reconsider.

We know we can rely on you guys on the rest of the site, but we need active authority in here, and we're not getting it.

No one is blaming Zeit or Lexi for it, whatever is going on IRL, I've gotten the impression is stuff they have to take care of. However, we can't just wait, and it's further unfair to expect them to constantly be here when we need them while they're dealing with whatever.

12. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

I agree with both of them.

It does come down to host making executive decisions on some aspects. But there also needs to be some mods around here for when things get out of hand or even doing some simple stuff.

Things like sticky, lock/unlock, mod like things are in a almost always need. Plus having a player who is a mod here would be nice.

I mean would you rather have us always sending a mass pm to mods to take care of such simple things if they are not around? Next thing you know there's gonna be 20 pms from players asking same thing

Games are host decided (with maybe a mod if something goes very wrong)

Everything else is kinda mod/player dictated

13. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

I'm around, I've just been settling in after exams. I responded to Riley's requests for his thread rather promptly given I stated I would be busy with exams and flying to America and stuff.

14. Riley

Like I said, if you're up for being the Mod, I'd love to keep you there, less hassle for others, but that doesn't excuse Zeit.

I apologize if it seemed like I was pestering, I didn't see any indication of that, so I am sincerely sorry about that. I just noticed that there had been a week gone by for my first PM, which is why I sent the second. Hope everything went smoothly for you.

15. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Ok, did a quick cleanup of the stickied threads. I thought that I could take a small break from this for exams because Zeit would be active. It appears I was wrong, but that's fine. If Zeit isn't around, I'd like to have a second mod to pick up my slack, but I should be able to carry the load until that's done.

Best way to reach me on this site is to PM me. It does the annoying pop up thing, so I always check them.

---------- Post automerged at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Yeah, I noticed your first PM Riley, and I read it, but I thought Zeit would take care of it. When I got the second one, I took care of it myself. I shouldnt have assumed and checked with Zeit.

Again I apologize for my absence. Exams + disowning my family + dealing with customs and flying to america for 4 1/2 months was a difficult endevor but I'm finally mostly settled in.

16. Riley

Good to hear that you're still interested in Modding, and thanks for cleaning everything up.

I'll let this rest in your hands for now, if you feel that Zeit needs a replacement, I'd prefer it come from you as the mod for this sub-forum.

17. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

I'll poke Zeit, but if he doesn't come back, I would RATHER not handle this alone.

18. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Huh. Stuff needed to be taken care of indeed.

Anyway, glad to have you back, Lexi. Welcome to the land of the fist-bumping eagles.

19. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Has anyone heard from Zeit? He's been AWOL for a while now.

---------- Post automerged at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

P.S.

I now feel ready. Ready to make a game for DLP. How do I go about testing to make sure there is balance and things like that? Is there a website or something?

20. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

The Mafia game design group here on DLP would be a place to start.