1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Good Quests

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Atri, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Not better, just... differently.

2. oghmanian

oghmanian First Year

In case anyone wanted more of a summary:

Quest Name: Wrathful Times
    Setting: Original World
    GM: Lost Star
    Thread: http://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/wrathful-times.3406/
    Style: Quest maybe?
    Summary: This world is called Center. A beautiful world filled with magic and power. A world where the impossible can happen, and where demons and angels tread. Where dragons rage under the sky, and where fire and ice dance together under the call of others. This is a world where the law of the Summoners reign. They have uncontested dominence of the world. Over a thousand years of rule, and still going strong.You play as a potential summoner

3. Hal

Hal Professor

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  4. andy50

andy50 Groundskeeper

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  5. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

Quest Name: Family, Duty, Honor
    Setting: ASOIAF
    GM: Myself
    Thread: Here, on SV
    Style: Quest
    Summary: You are Edmure Tully, one of seven children and heir to Riverrun. You were born into one of the most prosperous times in Westeros History, but tensions grow underneath the surface. Will you be ready, for the False Spring?

I wouldn't call this good, as I've just started it, but I didn't really know where else to post to promote it. This is my first time GMing, so if it looks like I'm doing a crappy job of it, I'm open to suggestions/criticisms to help me make the quest better. I'm not a huge fan of the Tullys, aside from Brynden, but I always wanted to see a fic about a competent Edmure. Since a lot of the ASOIAF quests seem to be on hold, I figured I'd take that idea for a fic and make it into a quest.

So uh, tell me what you think?

6. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Unfortunately, the quest has already fallen victim to the bandwagoning that plagues these things on SV/SB. I'm interested to see how speed turns out though, maybe being a ridiculously quick knight will lead to renown like that of Jaime or Arthur Dayne. Neither of them were supposed to be particularly smart(especially Jaime) and they seem to do okay.

7. Eyron

Eyron Seventh Year

Bandwagon?

8. VanRopen

VanRopen Headmaster

People voting for the first semi-popular/well-presented plan they see.

In this case, speed was quickly bandwagoned - that said, it could also just be fatigue since their are several other similar ASOIAF quest that proposed that same choice, and speed wasn't taken in any of them while intelligence and strength were.

9. EVA-Saiyajin

EVA-Saiyajin Squib

Quest Name: Lucci Quest (various different titles for the various threads)
    Setting: One Piece
    GM: Bob's Beard
    Thread: forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/lucci-quest-thread-7-one-piece-whats-a-freelance-super-killer-to-do.3470/
    Style: Quest

Quick basic summary: You play as Rob Lucci, very soon to be former member of infamous government assassination group CP9.

Incredibly well written, great worldbuilding, phenomenal fight scenes. Bob is quite frankly the single greatest writer I have ever seen. And I've seen a LOT of writers, more than a few of them very good.