1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Gotham

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Pasta Sentient, May 6, 2014.

1. Eyron

Eyron Seventh Year

Loved the Bruce and Selina interactions, and seriously Barbara can go die.

2. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Source reddit

http://i.imgur.com/M2Izeuh.jpg

The guy from episode two, plus he was complaining about his shoes, which Bruce/Selina noticed the killer's were shiny

3. Joe's Nemesis

Joe's Nemesis High Score: 2,058 ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I agree, I think they're doing a great job building in innocent sexual tension. Anything else at that age would be a bit creepy.

Alfred is probably the best cast character in the entire show. Though, I do like James Gordon. He doesn't seem to have too much of a range (yet, at least) but what he does have, he's making work rather well.

I also like the chief. Instead of going with the hard-ass cliche, or on the other side, the sell-out, they have her walking a good line.

I don't read comics so I can't speak to canon, but within the show itself, those are the characters with whom I think they've done the best. I might even through the partner in there.

4. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

They nailed the creepiness of Arkham. Scenery could have been done better I felt, but the vibes were well done. Leslie and Jim have some chemistry. Leslie's lines felt a little stilted though.

Normally tension like the Ivy/Barbara phone call pisses me off. It is a testament to how much I hate Barbara's character that I was pleased with Ivy's actions.

Butch is a cold SOB.

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Barbara is so annoying and unlikable that I'm fully expecting them to get back together again.

That's how everything works out these days.

6. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

So...remember in an early episode where Bullock said that Jim was a monkey riding a racehorse in regards to his relationship with Barbara? Anybody got the feeling that it's the other way around?

7. R. E. Lee

R. E. Lee Groundskeeper

They nailed the ambiguously mid-twentieth-century insane asylum feel for Arkham, I'm happy for that, though it felt a little too empty to me. Maybe that was the point, but I didn't care for that.

Bullock continues to remind me why he's one of the best characters on the show.

As for Barbara, I would be legitimately shocked if Barbara and Jim didn't get back together. I hate her as much as everyone else, but it seems like one of those things the writers are going to force anyway, either due to a lack of feedback in time for production of this half of the season, or general laziness with regards to changing their planned arc for her.

8. GiantMonkeyMan

GiantMonkeyMan High Inquisitor

I don't really feel that they've revealed enough of Barbara to form a solid opinion of her and her motivations either way. It's all a bit haphazard. It does seem to be set up for some cheap drama followed by cheap reconciliation, though.

9. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

With any luck maybe the writers will kill her off. Her whole character design rubs me the wrong way, including the fact that she was too dumb to notice that a kid talking to her on the phone. Penguin and Bullock definitely make the show.
    @ Giantmonkey
    Barbra so far has proven herself to be a druggy who's confused about her sexuality. I don't think we're going get anymore out of her.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  10. Joe's Nemesis

Joe's Nemesis High Score: 2,058 ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    This.

Oh god this!

I know there's women who speak with little-girl voices, but you can tell it's an adult. So, Barbara was too high, or too stupid, or too emotionally distraught to recognize it. The first two make me care even less about her, the last one assumes a whole lot of emotional investment of the viewer in the character that just isn't there.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    It says all you need to know about Barb that everyone immediately ships newgirl!Jim the second they appear.

12. Pasta Sentient

Leslie/Jim is my OTP. Screw the comic timeline.

Carmine is absolutely legit.

Penguin is the smarmiest bastard ever and I love it.

Poor Butch.

13. Gengar

High Score:
    Was kinda hoping Penguin thing would have been more masterful. A nuclear bomb with him at the epicenter as the undying cockroach, ruling the roost.

It's too bad Leslie is going to turn up dead/ a villain/ crazy. How else are they gonna get Jim and Barbara back together?

(secretly hoping Barb becomes some villain, or super crazy, when she sees Jim and Leslie together, but I doubt it).

14. Pasta Sentient

I know I've said this before, but David Mazous is an absolutely awesome actor. He is slowly capturing the darkness of the Batman. Absolutely loved it.

15. Eyron

Eyron Seventh Year

Jim/Leslie forever
    :( sadly this is highly unlikely.

16. Gengar

High Score:
    To anyone who reads the comics, is Penguin supposed to be a joke? I was expecting Littlefinger, not...this...

17. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No. He's a maniacal mastermind. I just think it's a slow transformation.

18. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

Babs with all sorts of creeper vibes this episode.

19. CBH

CBH Sixth Year

QFT. Thought she would end up hitting on Selina there. If the writers' goal is to make her increasingly unlikable, they're succeeding brilliantly.

Liked the Hood. They made it seem like some mystical comic book power possessing people when its really just common psychology at work. Not sure why Jim just dropped it on the ground at the end though; strange considering he's supposed to actually be a good detective. Evidence collection is usually a part of that.

Bruce parts were really great as always; I wish the whole show was about him.

Fish outlived her use on the show a few episodes back, she's just ridiculous now. They really should have killed her off. I mean seriously, she used a spoon to cut out her own eye with surgical precision? Why the fuck did she run an underground club if she could be a damn surgeon?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  20. Gengar

High Score:
    If Fish wasn't JPS, she probably would be dead by now. I'm just growing tired of the whole mob angle tbh.

If Penguin was actually a mastermind, it might be interesting. Biding his time, playing people against each other, slowly and deliberately working his way to the top, I'd be fine. If there's any payoff there though, it'll clearly be an accident. Successful just by being as pathetic as possible, more cockroach than snake.

Gordan is just awkward now. Don't love him, don't hate him, but not all that interesting either. He plays the part well though.

Bruce and Alfred all the way.

was that kid supposed to be Joker btw?