1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Graffer- Application for favourite fanfics management.

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by SerDel, Mar 28, 2010.

1. SerDel

SerDel Third Year

Hello,
    Some time ago I've written an small application named Graffer which was able to download fanfiction from numerous archives to your PC. I've made a topic about it on DLP, and since then it received some positive attention. Why I've made this topic? Becouse Graffer's main focus is not a fanfiction downloading any more it still can download fanfics, but most prominent feature that appeared in newest version, lets you to make a list of your favourites spanning mutiple archives, rate and review them. You only open the app, and all your favourites will display showing you which ones were updated recently. No longer you need to dig through many links to fanfics checking for updates.

Screenshot of favourite view:
    [​IMG]

Go check out Graffer Here.
    Regards,
    Serdel

2. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I'll try it out, but I have one comment regarding the website: I suggest making the download-link for 1.1.0 more prominent, bold at least, since the layout made me click the link for 1.0.4. Maybe put the download link behind the picture as well (once you changed or removed the version reference ^^).

3. SerDel

SerDel Third Year

Yea its little rought right now, but I'm working on it :) Updated it today.

4. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

1st thing I'd suggest: ability to add favorites manually. (also: Getting fics from fanfiction alets)
    2nd - ability to export [save/backup] and Import [share] favs would be awesome.
    3rd - Those with loads of favs would probably like folders or something similar.

Seems like a really interesting program. Great work :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  5. SerDel

SerDel Third Year

Already possible. Start download with unsupported link, click edit, save and add to favourites. I know it's rather counter-intuitive and should have been changed :p
    Thats very good suggestion. One could just make an DLP Library favourite pack, and anyone could import it and browse all fics with rating and link ;)
    Again great suggestion. To be honest I've never thought about it, but it will probably be implemented soon.

6. fash

fash Seventh Year DLP Supporter

is it possible to add your c2 group fics to the fav's?

7. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

After download, the double click should open the downloaded file, instead of the directory. Not only is this a lot more convenient, but it also jives better with the way the windows UI generally works.

8. SerDel

SerDel Third Year

The new version of Graffer (1.1.1) is out. Visit website for the full changelog.

I've added Militis' DLP template as one of the default application templates.

Done
    Done
    Done
    Done

9. Caput

Caput First Year

Following on from Beonid's modification of the DLP DeFFNetizer theme for Graffer, I have fixed some issues it seemed to have when I tried to use it with Graffer (the current version at least, I'd never tried it before now).

• Text sizes that were different than the ones using the DLP Theme in the DLP downloadable archive have been changed back (this includes the footer).
    • Creative Commons image put into the images folder, as it was missing.
    • Previous Chapter, Next Chapter, and Chapter Index links are now displayed and linking properly - before they were showing like the attached image below, and in the case of the first two were still linking to the variables and the latter being linked to index.html which doesn't exist when used (it's index.htm that gets created, so the correct variable is now there).
    • Where in the DeFFNetizer theme was the Story ID hyperlinking to the original link, in Beonid's version wasn't present, but is now present as 'Original Link'.
    • Images/Files linked to in Beonid's version were hardcoded to "file:///C|/Downloads/Music/DeFFNetIzer-DLP-Theme/DLP Theme/" which has now been corrected.

(Sorry if this isn't the best place to post this)

EDIT: It seems Beonid did post an updated version after their previous version I mentioned above, but the only difference between it was although the Creative Commons image was present, in the chapter file the hardcoded link to it was still present - though the other image/css hardcoded links were removed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  10. SerDel

SerDel Third Year

@Mattitude

I have to say, the template you uploaded looks very impressive. Just tried it and it worked perfectly and looked even better ;)

PS. There is a lot of variables that are present in Graffer and were not included in DeFFNetizer like %chapter:title%, %wordcount% %chapter:wordcount% etc. that could make this template even better.

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  11. Caput

Caput First Year

As mentioned, all I did was fix those few issues mentioned above (so obviously didn't bother adding my name to the footer too, or do anything else).

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  12. Beonid

Beonid Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Bother. So after all that effort I went to remove all the hard-coding, there was still more? Oh well. Thanks for picking that up, Mattitude.

With this update, I might actually get around to relearning all the Javascript I was going to use to make a drop-down chapter selection.

13. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Started using this again...I'm wondering if it would be possible to add support for user-selected font settings? I'm thinking something along the lines of %scheme:font% and %scheme:size% for font family and font size respectively - and in the .config file, something like:
    Code:
    <default-font-scheme font-family="Arial" font-size="16px" />
    Right now, I'm having to update two versions of my AllInOne template. One for me, because I'm blind and have to have big font sizes, and the other for the world with no font sizes set (so the user's browser settings set the font size). Speaking of...Here's an updated version of my template: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3239398/AllInOne.rar.

Also, fuck FFN. I downloaded a story and half of it the paragraphs has fucked up line endings. (Or maybe it was the author...in that case fuck Rorschach's Blot.)

@Beonid: It's hardly very much JavaScript for the drop-down chapter selection.

Code:
    <select onChange="self.location = '#chapter-' + this.options[this.selectedIndex].value;">
    You just have to make sure you have an anchor set with (in this case) the name "chapter-#"; where # is the number of the chapter.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  14. taleia

taleia Guest

I use Graffer all the time, and i was wondering if there's any way to move the favourites list from one computer to another? I've just bought a new computer and it will be a lot of effort to re-enter all the fics from scratch.

thanks for any help :)

15. SerDel

SerDel Third Year

Copy files from C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Graffer folder from your old pc to the same folder in new one after isntalling graffer.

EDIT: I Forgot that I implemented such a feature directly in Graffer. You need to use favourites->export and then favourited->import options ;).

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  16. Mimmi

Mimmi Guest

Hi, I absolutely love using Graffer but recently I had to format my pc. When I installed Graffer there are plugins missing. And the website is offline.
    Is there a way to fix this situation?

Thanks in advance :)

17. elelohesterling120

elelohesterling120 Muggle

Found this program, but text is not downloading, any help?

---------- Post automerged at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 00:50 ----------

I have found a fix to this, and have the files needed. I do enjoy using this program much more than DefNNetizer and FFDL, as it allows me to organize and download my fanfictions much more effectively.

If anyone has an interest in both the files and instructions onhow to make it work, feel free to send me a PM explaining your desire, and your email addressso I can forward them.

18. Euro

Euro Sixth Year DLP Supporter

I got fed up with Graffer not working for FFN and the author's site seems to be down for a while now so here's the fix.

How to; just copy and replace the original .cs file in the \Graffer\Plugins folder with the one in the attachment.

Attached Files:

19. spiffay

spiffay Squib

I was using the fix Euro posted but it stopped working a few days ago. Anyone have a new one?

20. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

If you're just using this to download fics, flagfic.com works better.