1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by HardcoreHobbit, Nov 14, 2006.

1. HardcoreHobbit

HardcoreHobbit Second Year

What do you all think, if you have it? When I got it I was impressed by the city design, although there are only 2 main islands, like the original VC and not like San Andreas and GTA3 and even Liberty City Stories for the PSP.

On the other hand, the missions are longer and more engaging than the previous PSP game, although if you fail, the trip back and forth is still really annoying, unless you get trip skip.

The story is a bit odd, with the protagonist, Vic Vance, whining about how he doesn't want to be a drug dealer, and then doing it anyway, but the game shows you the roots of what the city was like in the original VC game, and as such is quite good.

Making money is easy for once, there is none of the running around collecting revenues. The money you get from your numerous businesses is paid into your balance every game day, and it quickly mounts up, so money and guns are never an issue.

Also, you can bribe the police and the hospital to get your weapons back, which I think is a useful addition, because it cuts down the annoying and time consuming process of buying everything again.

8-9/10

2. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I've gotta say, trip skip is probably the major factor in me actually completing GTA games, whoever thought it up deserves a meaningless medal.

-
    o_O Actually sounds like they improved on a lot, I guess I'll be picking it up, good review.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2006
  3. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

So why dont you leave the game on while your sleeping when you wake up you will have massive money.

4. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

I think because your business get attacked and you need to defend it or something like that