1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Grey Maiden II: Slytherin's Heir by Chris Widget - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Lord Osiris, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Title: Grey Maiden II: Slytherin's Heir
    Author: Chris Widget
    Rating: T
    Genre: General
    Pairing: None yet
    Summary: Harry's second year at Hogwarts promises to be as challenging as the last. Another Weasley, a crazed House-elf, and a mysterious plot that puts him in grave danger. But when students begin to be attacked, events spiral out of control. For as the school turns on him, proclaiming Harry the Heir of Slytherin, Harry is forced to answer the most difficult question: What if they are right?

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2874737/1/

My say: Well number two that he has just put out and in all honesty the guy is fucking powering out chapters more then a drunk powers down beers, the fic is really looking to be the same quality as that of the first but it may improve. One thing he has changed right at the start is that the ugly gutter slut doesn't get the Diary Harry does. *shrugs*

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I stopped reading first part after Slytherin!Harry started crying like a little bitch, pining after the beaver and generally acting even more pussy-like than canon!Harry.

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Slytherin!Harry acted more pussy-like than can... dear lord. That's pretty bad. I'll probably get around to reading these since there seems to be a bad period happening where they are no good stories being released or updated.

4. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

It seems to me to have been influenced by Saving Connor, and parts feel like copy/paste jobs.

Think straight non-God! Harry with pussy complex and no Redeemed! Snape.

5. Allowaycar

Allowaycar Second Year

Its a decent story.

In the first story Harry was extremely sad and emotional. What's the problem with Harry being emotional? Lets take a look at it from a normal point of view and not from a "I'm a fucking moron who thinks he has to be super powerful and badass as a child".

He's an eleven year old boy. He's just moved to a different country, where he knows no one. Everyone hates him. Everyone attacks him verbally. He can't do anything without it haveing some negative reprocussions on him.

At this point in the story there is nothing wrong with having an emotional Harry. The imortant part is that Harry grows and evolves.

6. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I could probably go over crying and snivelling part, but it really rattled my nerves how desperately he was trying to prove to Hermione that he wasn't evil.

Normal kid would have told the stupid beaver to fuck off and felt betrayed that his friend had turned against him. Harry is pining after the bitch only becouse she is THE FUCKING HERMIONE GRANGER, Rowling's main character, thus she can't possibly be ignored. While it may be realistic that he's down becouse he's alone, this whole Harry/Hermione deal smells like the authors's best fwends fowewew! fascination, where those two MUST become friends at any cost.

Another thing was a mirror of desire - he went to stare at it even after he was told not to by McGonagall. Sine he had happy childhood, there was no reason for him to wish his family so much, even more than the orphaned Harry from original books.

So while I can take certain dose of angst, I think the author is bringing the wholy "let us all pity the poor little hawwy" deal over the edge and turning Harry into a little snivelling puss, instead of an independant character, as every Slytherin is supposed to be.

7. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Just like Draco 'cry to father whenever I don't get my way' Malfoy.

8. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Draco is a special category... yeah...
    Besides he was intended to be a stupid villian, until JKR decided to make him into a real character in HBP.

Not to mention you don't see Malfoy cry in the corner becouse of some stupid shit - even he isn't as pussy as that.

9. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

No, he cries in the girls' loo instead. :)

10. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Crying becouse you're strung between two powerful wizards involved in a vicious plot that will probably end your life OR crying becouse Snape took 5 house points from you and stupid beaver thinks you're evil? Which one is worse?

11. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

To be fair, he likes the beaver a lot more than you do. Still have to go with the former though.

12. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Thank you IP for your harsh bashing of the Harry/Herman friendship shit i thought i was alone when i thought that he should just sneer at the filthy backstabbing mudblood, she wasn't worth all the effort he put in to convincing her he wasn't evil pfft i was kinda hoping she was gonna die when Riddle fucked the bitch up.

13. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Actually, I don't blame him at all for crying alone in a deserted room in the middle of the night because everyone hates him. I do however, blame him for being so desperate to get Hermione to be his friend.

14. radioactive

radioactive Third Year

For anyone still reading this, here's an update:
    I take that to mean Harry/Ginslut pairing. *sigh* And it was shaping up to be a half-way decent fic. Pity.

15. DarkPhoenix2500

DarkPhoenix2500 Second Year

<_< If you bothered to read his AN's at all, you would have already known it was going to be H/G, Nonetheless <_< You should still give it a try, the author is trying to create...i guess is a good word to use....a better ginny then other stories <_< and she is in slytherin......@_@ So yea.......just cause it has harry/ginny doesnt mean it will be a bad fic -_-

(-_- Havent been here for months......)

16. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

There is no such thing as a decent H/G for the chronic DLP'er.

Just the word Ginny brings so much emotional aguish, disgust, and revulsion from fanon!Ginny, and general dislike of canon!Ginny that any relationship with the two of them becomes disgusting.

Deep down, I know I really don't hate Ginny. I dislike her. I hate fanon!Ginny, however. Furthermore, my real crux is not Ginny herself, but the H/G pairing.

And yes, this fic does remind me suspiciously of Savng Conner. It's not a cut and paste job, but the general plot line looks liek it's being heavily "inspired" by Lightning on the wave.

17. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

I try to ignore the fluffy parts and parts with por;y written Tonks.
    He done good enough work on the plot of second year when Tom is polluting Harry's mind with dark shit.
    The latest chapter was about the Battle in CoS. The diary here os also more powered like all the characters. Also he made Dumbledore immune to Basilisk Gaze which is not okay.

18. hubem

hubem Squib

is there any point in this story i can skip to to miss pussy harry? i dont mind h/g ...i pretty much skip all the scenes involving it and emotional harry is just gay...should i just leave this story or is there a point it becomes ok?

19. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

Read the parts from Riddles point of view.

20. KANE

KANE Groundskeeper

I started reading this story a few weeks ago, but i've kinda got off it since then, it was pretty repetitive of CoS with a few twists.