1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Grey Maiden II: Slytherin's Heir by Chris Widget - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Lord Osiris, Apr 5, 2006.

1. KeshinNoAkui

KeshinNoAkui Seventh Year

I had read the first one, it wasn't bad, but it was rather nerve-grating with him trying to get Hermione to be his friend. News flash for ya kid: Most people won't like you ever in your life for one reason or another, so why bother trying to sway them? Too much of a waste of energy if you ask me, I'd just let them hate me and laughing at them with the people who do like me.

I got to maybe chapter 5 in CoS when I just stopped for some reason. Now after reading a lot of ya'lls post I'm thinking of not reading it...

2. arkeus

arkeus Seventh Year

it's not that bad, though. The people here... well, as we are "expected" to favorise powerful and ruthless harry, we kind of put down everything that is not. But this story is nicely woven at least, if a little dark... i am not sure i like harry being manipulated by the diary. And harry trying to make friends shows that he is made of stronger stuff than your average slytherin.

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Trying to make friends is one thing... chasing after that bitch after she betrayed him is other. It's clear that the author wanted Harry to be Hermione's friend so she wouldn't have to develop too many new characters, Thus, she forced the plot so that they end up together... after many tears and angst, of course. God forbid Harry act like a normal kids and tell the beaver to go screw her nerdy self...

4. arkeus

arkeus Seventh Year

LOL, you are a bit harsh. But i agree on that hermione wasquite bitchy at the beginning, enough ooc that i thought it to be a hermione bashing fic... So i don't really understand why the author put her as his best friend. Maybe because she wanted to show harry as someone who accepts and seeks second chances? i don't know... and no need to speak about hermione like that either, being nerdy isn't all bad :p it's the quiet one i tell you....:pp

5. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

I read the first one, and liked it, but I never managed to get around to reading further... I suppose it was the idea it was going to be a HP/GW fic.

I'm trying to break out of my masochistic tendencies, thank you very much.