1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Grimm

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by QuaziJoe, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

I hope Nick gets the hell out of Portland and hunts down the Royal Families.

2. Constans

Constans Sixth Year DLP Supporter

Oh I totally approve of that - and would welcome Juliet getting a one way ticket to heaven in that case. But I doubt the show's going to take that route given everything it's shown/producers talked about so far...

3. Kraken

Kraken Sixth Year

Well, I can't help but feel that they're going to waste massive amounts of time on developing the whole amnesia thing which would really detract from the rest of the plot. We've been seeing all these glimpses of the wider Vessen (sp?) world and Nick's growing ability to deal with any ensuing threats, but it looks like they'll use the amnesia as a convenient way to fill time. I'm really not looking forward to pretty much any scene involving Juliet from this point on given that it will likely be completely separate from the actual Grimm stuff.

4. Constans

It's American network television. What else could you expect?

5. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Juliet looks like a fish.

6. Infidel

Infidel Auror

Is ballistic fingerprinting of firearms carried by cops done in the US? Is a database of the guns issued to them kept? I was surprised by Nick being able to remove suspicion by switching guns.

7. Constans

Just saw episode 3 - pretty decent imo.

They didn't waste a whole lot of time in revealing the secret to Hank. Which btw solves my issues with grounding Nick in Portland. However, I would have liked for Hank to be angrier and ask for a better explanation/etc. from Nick.

Also liked the amnesia with a twist for Juliet. More interesting no doubt. Now only if that doesn't become the theme/arc of the mid-season or worse, the season finale..

8. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

There are a lot of reveals this season. I'm expecting the season finale to finally reveal to nick that his captain may be a villain.

I definitely like the changes they made to the series. It is more refined, though the opening intro is bland. A different voice would be better.

I was impressed with the subtly of how the park ranger was infected this episode. They didn't beat you over the head with the fact he was infected and how, they knew the audience was going to believe he was infected and the method of transmission makes sense when you think about it.

I'm wondering if the Hank story line is over yet though. He is just receiving all this information but he isn't reacting, so much. I still think he might have a freakout later or start to go after Vessen immediately despite evidence. Like a Vessen Profiling scenario.

9. sage1000

sage1000 Fourth Year

I like the captain (reminds me in a way of Marcone). So I'm hoping of an alliance of some sort btw him and Nick against the royals at the season finale.

10. sage1000

sage1000 Fourth Year

Double post

11. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I'm glad they got rid of the rubbish voiceover and the Hitler-was-a-vessen shot from the title credits in this episode.

12. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Cannot unsee.

Anyway, this show is definitely heading the right direction. The crappy voice-over is gone, the material and presentation is definitely better than last season, and the actors seem to have settled into their roles, especially Nick. Last season, the guy seemed like a cardboard cutout with a role to play. Now, he actually has a few emotions. The Captain and Monroe have always been awesome and continue to stay that way.

Juliets memory loss was also handled pretty well and, though I know I'm being very optimistic here, is hopefully a graceful way of removing her from the show by the end of this season.

13. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

I must be the only one here who actually likes the character and the actress.

14. yak

Just you and her mum.

15. Hashasheen

Wouldn't be the first time. I actually dug Rita in Dexter a lot, and the Trinity Killer thing pissed me off to no end.

16. yak

I didn't hate Rita, but I didn't like her power over Dexter, or her role in the domestication of Dexter, or her attitude, or her face. Hmm... maybe I did hate her. It was worth putting up with her just for the bathtub scene though. That might be my favourite scene in the entire series.

17. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I only liked Rita because of Darla. Like or dislike her character, her death was awesome

18. Hashasheen

I liked all of those. It was so interesting seeing Dexter slowly progress and evolve into something more than a loner with shallow emotional attachments living in a motel. That one episode where he killed a pedophile for creeping on his step-daughter is the kind of epic I'm talking about. Equal doses of serial killing and humanity.

19. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

I like her. I don't find her annoying at all. I don't dislike any of the regulars on the show.

Her scenes with Nick and Monroe are good character moments that help keep the show from being too procedural.

20. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable