1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Grimm

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by QuaziJoe, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I like this show, I really do but until Juliette is gone I just can't keep watching. Literally every scene with her is torture. Until she gets permanently murdered with her killers getting away scot free forever I can't even bother to force myself to keep watching.

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't really see that happening to ol' fishface. But I share the sentiment.

3. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Still not the best of the shows, but at least it's entertaining to watch. I think Monroe is using those random German terms to troll Nick and he's got the Rosalie in on it as well.

One thing that annoyed me in this episode was:
    Since when does the microorganisms die of cold temperatures -.-'

4. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The new season five is off to a good start. They skipped the formulaic monster of the week and a new big bad is here.

Fishface is dead! Without her constantly grating onscreen presence, the show becomes easier to watch.

Nick is a new dad.

We've got movement on that wesen conspiracy with Special Agent Chavez, albeit coming to a frustrating conclusion at the end of this ep. More on that later this season no doubt.

And Chavez reveals the big bad for the season. An enemy organisation using a symbol of four claw marks. Maybe we'll see some more cooperation with the Wesen Council over this.

I loved how Rosalee was honeslty upset at Juliette's death and the dudes were all like, "That's sad, but better Juliette die than Nick" and shrugged their shoulders and carried on. Rosalee was butt hurt and tried to persuade the guys into feeling guilty about their part in events. She failed.

There does need to be another girl on the team so that Rosalee has some feminine solidarity against the fellas. Adalind is so untrustworthy that it's difficult to see her in that role. Even when she went into labor, I was expecting it to be faked and part of a scam she was pulling.

I'm looking forward to episode two. Where are you, Trubel?

Bye Juliette! So long Fishface!

5. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

I can now finally watch this series again. Laurel, take a hint.

6. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I don't meant to spoil all of your parade's, but there is a theory going around that the person they have caged is Juliette.

Seeing as she's a hexenbeast, they took her, and she wasn't quite proven to be dead, I fear this is a possibility.

7. Maphisto40

Maphisto40 First Year

High Score:
    Well, I did say in the terrible TV shows thread that I was at the point of hate-watching this show with my mother-in-law for kicks.

However, I did genuinely enjoy it at one point. This season opener has me cautiously optimistic.
    If this new secret organization thing would please tie in with the secret keys plot that seemed all but abandoned, I will be a happy camper.

Oh, and Juliette had better stay dead. Seriously. We are finally free of that albatross and so is Nick. Let him please find someone he has chemistry with.

That was my first thought as well, but I have decided to live in denial land where there's no way they would do that. They love us and want us to be happy, so Juliette cannot be foisted upon us again at any point.

*sticks fingers in ears and hums loudly*

yak
  8. syed

syed Supermod

I can believe that she destroyed the trailer, I was on the fence til she did that. I hope one day, nick will be able to rebuild his collection. I bet the royals and those that have killed grimms, likely took trophies. Also, I wonder if Kelly ever had a copy of the library made just incase.

It is said that 4 of the keys are in the hands of the royals, nick has two, so one still need to found. Once it has, then there will be an epic battle ove them and a race to the lock.

9. deyas

deyas Groundskeeper

What I find particularly interesting is why the leader of the resistance against this new organization, who has in previous seasons shown to be a friend of sorts to Cap. Renard, isn't going through him at all on this. Hopefully they expand this into a semi-interesting plot point. And of course, all hail Julliette's death.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  10. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Damn it.

Why did they do that?

11. Hachi

Hachi Death Eater

Oh come the fuck on... The show was fine without her.

12. Himuradono

Himuradono Professor

Here we go again. :/
    #Edgy!Juliet, #Evil!Blonde

Despite so much happening in the latest ep. I feel like it was a filler that didn't contribute much to the overarching plot beyond setting the stage for the grand entrance at the end.

Big damn hero my ass...

13. Tapi

Tapi Third Year

14. Himuradono

Himuradono Professor

Feels like a cop out: we did but kinda didn't?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  15. Maphisto40

Maphisto40 First Year

High Score:
    I just finished the episode, and scared my family in a quiet room by loudly yelling "GOD DAMN IT!!"

My mother-in-law was concerned for a few seconds, then a look of understanding came over her face. "Grimm?" she asked.

UGH. :/

16. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

So, I've been catching up on the series since it came back. Definitely been liking the Nick/Adalind romance, or was. This last episode the confession felt a bit...sudden, and forced. Rushed.

Then again, it's also clear Nick may not be entirely okay with things. Those flashbacks to his earlier problems with Adalind indicates he might actually be having a hard time getting over how much of a bitch she was.

On a whole however...it feels like Grimm is reaching so as to wrap up any loose ends. Then again, it may just be in celebration of their 100th episode, I don't know. Still, I feel like Grimm may be losing it's appeal to the studios and they're preparing for their last season or two.

EDIT: Also, goddamn do i want to know what's behind that door in Nick and Adalind's new home.

17. yak

This has never happened to me before.

I rolled. Top kek.

18. Maphisto40

Maphisto40 First Year

High Score:
    Well, since I haven't posted in here since December, I have to say I've actually really been enjoying Grimm this season. I am super thankful that Eve has stayed Eve, and hasn't had stupid Juliette surface for any reason.

I've just jinxed it, haven't I? :facepalm

19. yak

I'm happy with Juliette's place as Eve too, but like you I constantly worry that "Juliette" is going to re-emerge soon. It will happen eventually. I hope it's a long way off.

I feel bad for Sergeant Wu. He often draws the short straw in the "getting horror-showed like a noob by the supernatural" contest, and it doesn't look like his werewolf scratch is going to buck the trend. :(

20. Maphisto40

Maphisto40 First Year

High Score:
    I think the Wu situation isn't helped by the fact that there just aren't any Kehrseite in the cast that have any plot relevant screen time that could be going through these situations. They could be fleshing out other characters to bring them into this world, but they just don't. I mean, how many cops do we see roaming around the precinct that are just set decoration?

On the other hand, Grimm has shown a few times that it is not good at juggling multiple story lines at once, and this would require adding another plot thread because of adding a new person. So either Wu or Hank have to draw the short stick. It really should have been Hank's turn. :p