1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Groundhog Harry

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Dubrichius, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

I was wondering if anyone knows of any Harry-centric stories based on Groundhog Day. I've already had a look around, and all I could find were ones for the ferret and Little Miss Know-It-All.

2. rj_stone2

rj_stone2 Seventh Year

Come on, Ferret Day (http://www.sugarquill.net/read.php?storyid=1910&chapno=1) was legitimately funny, albeit Draco centric.

I have to say that I've never seen a story where Harry is caught in an involuntary time loop. It's sort of orthogonal to the overarching anti-Voldemort plot, which is probably why you see it more with the minor characters.

3. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

There was one that was Ron-centric, which was amusing, because the weakling, after over 3000 days, had amazing wandless magic skills.

Admit it. It's hilarious.

Although, it WAS well-written and in good taste. I'll try to find it; it was good.

4. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Harry does that in just about every bad independent fic ;)

But for the humor part, I don't know of any

5. noddwyd

noddwyd Third Year

hidden under the floorboards, in tiny pieces.
    I can think of one I red once where every time someone told Harry 'hey, its your life to live.' or something to that effect, he was thrown back in time to the point just after Dumbledore tells him the prophecy. Apparantly they decided to use the prophecy literally. 'neither can live'. So no matter what he did he kept reliving his summer after fifth year. He ended up dating different girls each time I think but someone always eventually sent him back. Usually Ginny, who he grew to hate because of it. sometimes he trained, sometimes he did nothing, but it was pretty cool. I think the author decided he hated the original idea and rewrote the entire story however, so really somebody just needs to write a Harry centric Groundhog's day.

I vote that he relives the day of his final fight with Voldemort until he figure's out how to beat him, and at every reset he regains consiousness just as he's getting slapped by Ginny. Eventually he'll just come to kill her on the spot every time.

:headshot:

Another standing joke would be the fact that Luna Lovegood never does the same things twice, etc., despite that events are repeating themselves....

Hermione would be no use as she doesn't remember things day to day so he begins to just blow her off everyday and do research independantly on horcruxes/soul magic or whatever he's working on to fight voldemort.

finally the day ends when either Harry dies or Voldemort takes comes into contact with Hogwarts core magic. Then Hogwarts takes everything in the castle grounds backwards in time, ejecting Voldemort and giving Harry more time...

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I've seen one where this happened but wasnt the main plot-device. It just happened for a chapter or two because he was fucking with time-magic and all that. I really need to find that.

Other than that, I havnt seen one with Harry. Seen plenty with Hermione that have been Harry/Hermione stories from her PoV... gets annoying.

7. cu_cullen9

cu_cullen9 Second Year

Title: Rising Phoenix Author:by Herman Tumbleweed Ratingnc17

Title: Rising Phoenix
    Author:by Herman Tumbleweed
    Rating:nc-17
    Genre: Action/Adventure, Humor, Parody
    Pairing: H/Hr
    Summary: Harry winds up in Azkaban after being framed by Dudley, but he doesn't stay for long. Relationships change, chaos ensues, and where'd the phoenix come from, anyway?
    Link: http://www.ficwad.com/viewstory.php?i=1&sid=11852