1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Fenraellis, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

It's been FIVE DAYS since Trading Post has bugged out for me. I cannot pick up purchased items or gold from sales.

This has seriously killed a lot of my interest until it's fixed.

2. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

I haven't gotten any problem myself to pick up stuff from the TP.

Server change is still free I think, and quite easy. On your character selection screen you click on the World Selection(Home World) to the bottom left side of your screen. Click w/e world you want to transfer to and then click the bottom right button (Transfer or Change home world, something like that). It will ask for confirmation (and will displays the price if they are charging for it now).

As for the WvW...we sucks. Once they balance the server and match us against appropriate server for our WvW, I'm quite sure we'll do alright, it's just a matter of waiting. At least, there are no queue for getting into the battlegrounds.

3. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Well, we have had several times that we have held heavy control majority for the entire session, but yes, it's true that in general we sit at around second place during the server match-ups.

4. CrystalArrow

CrystalArrow Squib

At least you aren't last.

5. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I server swapped 5 times yesterday, no issues.

Other than the fact that the skill point I require is BUGGED ON EVERY FUCKING SERVER.

6. Evan Tide

Six days without the ability to sell or buy on TP. I'm tempted to ask for a refund.

EDIT: Oh hey, they responded as soon as I put the words "refund" into my ticket.

You know what they said? Basically "give it a full week from purchase." Seriously considering that refund if it's not in within 10 days.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  7. Kthr

Kthr Unspeakable DLP Supporter

So, in the interest of bringing back the life to this thread, how many people from DLP are still playing Gw2?

Having around 250 hours on my acount, I must say the game has aged well for me, especially since I'm nowhere near tired of the game.

Got my first elementalist to lvl 80, created dozens of alts just to delete them(which really contributed to the 250 hours tidbit) and now I'm in the process of lvling a mesmer, which is incrediblely fun. Be it Pve or Spvp, the sheer amount of awesome moves I can dish out with the mesmer made me wish I played one sooner. While I've only truly did the Ascalon Catacombs dungeons, it really helps having a null field(or other utilities) ready to go, in case of the usual idiotic things people usualy do.

I'm having a lot of fun on spvp too, feeling like a Puppeteer everytime I see someone get lost as to who really is me, and which ones are illusions.

Oh, and anyone get anything cool during halloween?

8. astus

astus First Year

I leveled a guardian to 80 but have turned him into my farming alt. Now I am leveling a mesmer, and you are right it is a lot of fun. I did nothing for halloween except buy 5k candycorn when it hit 5copper. In retrospect I wish I had tried for the scythe skin.

9. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I have no real complaints about the game but the sad truth is, that I only played the first two weeks but I haven't touched it once since then and I have no real desire to do so anytime soon.

Somehow, even though I really liked the game, I just stopped caring.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  10. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Same. I like pretty much everything in it, but after the first 3 weeks I'v played less than 4 hours. There's no hook I guess.

11. IdSayWhyNot

IdSayWhyNot Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Sort of gave up on it, I guess. The only real incentive I had was map completion, but once I reached 100% there was nothing left for me to do. The rest is pretty amusing, but you're not gonna log in every day to do WvW for hours and hours.

Bitches need to realize there's no hook.

12. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Game is still awesome. I'm starting the long and tortuous road to farming my legendary Bolt, but there's so much to do.

It's too bad you all stopped playing because most of the entertainment in this game comes from the guild aspect, not the solo play. I couldn't stand WvW until I started running a 15 man group with my new guild and we wreck everything. Running dungeons is good fun with a solid group.

Running around aimlessly in the game is not going to keep you entertained, but when has any MMO been set up to do that? Maybe TOR, but nothing else I've played is meant to keep you on the edge of your seat. You need to make your own fun, and it's out there.

13. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

I think what lost my interest was probably just bad luck. I've joined several guilds, but I swear nobody ever talks or does anything when I was playing. Thus, I lost interest as well

14. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Hmmm, how to answer the question. I fully enjoyed what I did play, but I believe that there was an understandable disconnect between the general DLP population that was in the Guild, and those among us that were relatively more... focused. We had fun when we could get organized, but it happened less often than not overall.

The fact that it coincided with the release of Borderlands 2, and school picking up did cause a conflict of interest on my side of things. All things said, if we had a more consistent group, then I could probably be convinced to muck around again. Not like I do much aside from school, Borderlands 2 and League games. With a few other random things from time to time.

15. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

I think the biggest thing is that Guild Wars 2 doesn't feel that great.

I mean the environments are amazing along with the work put into it, but the biggest things to me are the story and the gameplay. The story feels so marginalized when it is always the tiny missions compared to every mission in Guild Wars where it felt like you had more going on than one instance.

The second is the gameplay. While the PvP is good, the PvE is rather meh. Maybe if I got to the highest level areas with dungeons, but the game is so long and I never feel like I ever do anything. I hate the instances as every monster re-spawns and it is just lame.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  16. Johndoe022

Johndoe022 Third Year

I agree with what some of the others have said so far. I just don't have a hook that keeps me interested. The only game that has a real hook for me is EVE online and that's only maybe two or three months or so out of the year.

17. Evan Tide

I got bored when it got stupid to just world farm and my account got TP bugged.

Inventories all full and couldn't sell or buy a single thing for ten days. Yeah, that was annoying as all hell.

18. astus

astus First Year

Anyone recommend a server that is very active in terms of wvwvw? Borlis Pass is not satisfactory in the least.

19. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Borlis Pass has actually improved a lot, but if you feel you need to leave just keep in mind that you can expect extraordinarily long queues on other servers.

Get involved with some pvp guilds and talk to the good commanders. Not the scrubs who like to throw on their commander hat and run around like a headless chicken.

20. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

New big patch is out, including a raid class dungeon (still 5 man).

I really hope that a lot of you come back. The game is incredibly well made and has a lot to offer.

And hell, you don't even have to pay for it.