1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Fenraellis, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Dullahan

Dullahan Fourth Year

You know what, Damn it, I'll log on after I get home for Thanksgiving Break. You'll have at least one more, Howdy!

Edit: I'll be on tomorrow. Am being delayed.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  2. Kthr

Kthr Unspeakable DLP Supporter

And a pvp map:awesome

How many people are still online at DLP guild? I think I will be moving into borlin pass as most my friends rarely play anymore.

3. astus

astus First Year

I see maybe 2 or 3 people online on BP, a few are active on other servers. But it is pretty much dead.

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hmmm. Might pick this up again. Need a timewaster.

5. Jarsha

Jarsha Seventh Year

Ah what the hell, Im in, is the DLP guild still up and running?

6. Harpy Prince

Harpy Prince Seventh Year

seconded. I'm on demona's rest. Is everyone in one server?

7. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  8. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

FYI Borliss Pass has been doing very well for itself in WvW for the past month or so. Now that we're in higher brackets and a lot of our commanders are taking a break for the holidays, our momentum has slowed, but you can expect that once the season is over we'll be back in it.

9. Kthr

My computer doesn't run wxwxw very well so I'm just going to go there if I ever get enough money for legendary gears.

That said, my elementalist gear was nearly completed when I decided to start lvling a ranger this december. I don't know why people complain about their dps so much, I'm using magic find gear stuff on him and still destroying monsters in dungeons/fractals.

And no hidden achievements on the monthly list this time, we might not get new t content his month, which is fine if they finally add guesting and the promised fractals update.

10. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So, anyone still play regularly? I got back into it at the start of this month after a three month break. Nearly finished exploring everything, two more dungeons to do and I'm nearly at the end of the main storyline. Recently turned my attention to money making...to find I don't really know where to start. Has anyone else had much luck in obtaining vast riches?

11. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Play the TP, play the game. Always have an omnomberry bar running when you're in dungeons, most bosses will drop something like 15-26 silver.

12. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

Have a little thread necromancy.

I have been playing Guild Wars (again) for a couple of days in a row now - mostly in short bouts of WvW (at either 6-9 GMT or 18-21 GMT, usually the latter), so if anyone wants to hop on back an assist with the fun... The guild (wait, we have a guild?) looks rather empty these days, as in completely empty, but that's beside the point.

Anyway, DLP has a tower in WvW now - Dawn's Eyrie in Borlis Pass Borderlands. Until someone medium-big and angry comes along, or until friday 13GMT, when the maps should be reset.

We also held (might come to hold soon) a couple of supply camps in other server's borderlands, but these are even more short lived than the towers, even though their taking was a sorely personal result, unlike the tower. I'll see if I get a chance to snatch a keep at some point - since people usually move on before thay could claim stuff. ;D

As for general things, I finally saw WvW become what I wanted from the game - mostly just people who know what they are doing (that's bad when they're on enemy's side, but good when they are ours).

There's also a WvW rank system that let's you buy small upgrades for better participation, and the fun trying to outrun a zerg from a dishonorable death. Failure is funny, usually.

The main thing that has changed is that you don't get armour penalties if you die where your server is outnumbered in a given map, meaning that WvW has stopped being a money hole for repairs, and instead is a fun place to frequent enemy Battlegrounds, stealing their money, supply and poking holes in their defence.

So yeah.

EDIT: The tower didn't last two hours. Took a Keep that no one needed ;D
    http://i.imgur.com/HEHRyoQ.jpg

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  13. Kaemrynn

Kaemrynn Fourth Year

I seriously need to get back into this and start leveling my Charr Engineer. Like, seriously.

14. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Started playing again, though I switched servers to hang out with my brother, but my graphics card just shit itself, so I guess that's the end of that for now.

15. Kthr

Farming for my legendary percursor really burned me out from gw2. Anet has been nerfing drops/places to make cash(other than cof p1, which I'm sick of doing) for months, and the T6 mats economy has been shot to hell. Coupled with the fact that most of the "end-game" dungeons usualy consists of teaching people how not to die and what to do with very little reward for their time is really frustating.

Gw2 needs less randomization for drops soon, and more encounters that are actually worth the effort to do it, else people will just continue making warriors/mesmer with full berserker gear all around.