1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Gurren Lagann - Sound of Pulling Heaven Down - CSakuraS

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by Dilla, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Dilla

Dilla Seventh Year

Title: Sound of Pulling Heaven Down
    Author: CSakuraS
    Rating: T
    Genre: Romance/Sci-Fi
    Link: Right Here
    Summary: What if Simon and Nia hadn't met before her transformation? Now, three years following the destruction of Earth, they find each other at last...but is it too late? AU, Simon/Nia. Contains UST, coarse language, mature themes, and haphazard space battles.

Anybody ever read a TTGL fanfic before? If not, this very well may be the entire section because it's as good it will get anytime soon. The AU starts were Kamina dies and since Simon never mets Nia, he never recovers.

The space battles are done well. Naturally, it would be near impossible to copy the visuals of the anime in writing, but it's the best that can be done imo.

Give it a shot. 4/5 for me.

2. Zed

Zed Third Year

Updates aren't fast, but the chapters tend to be nice and chunky. Very much grimdark, all things considered. Simon's character is more like a force of nature than the chaotic good hero he is in the anime. It also has a bit of a tired, exhausted tone to it.

4.5/5

3. frantic

frantic Boosted

So guess what just updated?

The answer is Sound of Heaven Pulling Down, here is chapter 19.

It still holds up, in my opinion. Although it's more leading towards Simon becoming Space Pirate Captain Harlock and less a hero for all Spiral races. But I like it, it's probably my favorite Gurren Lagann fanfic and one of the reasons I watched Harlock when it came out. Simon isn't just a human, he is practically Spiral Energy itself. Simon and Boota are incredibly fun to watch interact, and I'm super hoping that the author doesn't just stop updating again.

5/5.

4. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    Just blitzed through this last night, it's quite good. Took me awhile to remember who everyone was (it's been about two years since I saw the show), but from what I recall, the characterizations is spot on (although it's been so long that I could be wrong). A very good read, I highly recommend it to anyone who liked the show (and everyone who hasn't, should really just watch it already).