1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Half Blood Prince Theories

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BlackPhoenix, Apr 17, 2005.

Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Second Year

Well on July 16th ( I think) Book 6 comes out. Now It is a 2 months early but I was think we should be discussing theories

From the title and events from last two books we can obivously assume that Voldemort will play a fairly big role I'll post more later but lets hear from the rest of you

2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Well... JKR did say Tonks was going to be around, so yay! maybe the book will turn out a HP/tonks thing (wishful thinking on my part really) but ive heard all kinds of things about the 6th book...

Like.. Argus filch (if thats spelled right) was the halfblood prince.. thatd be interesting..

3. Marguerida

Marguerida Second Year

I hope there will be more Remus in it.

4. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

There won't be a Harry/Tonks pairing, as unlike fanfiction, the books are made for kids. 16 year old guy with a 22 year old girl would be frowned upon and protested as "encouraging children to have underage sex" etc.

5. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Second Year

its only really with under age people thats its like that unless one person is 10-12 or more years older like my dad is 8 years older then my mom but lets not get to deep into the age difference politic and keep this to HBP theories

Harry/Tonks could be very subtlely implied but theres a very small chance and Filch the Half Blood Prince no bllody way. I mean I could understand some people oither then voldemort but not the janitor beside hes a squib not a half-blood

6. Antivash

Yeah... but i dun remember the site i found it on, but there was sometihng from JK stating that she never said it was a wizard and not a squib though... small amount of proof that actually made sense... ill dig through my bookmarks and see if i cant find it..

7. apparnetly someone else dies and we learn more about lily and james,,,
    who do u think dies? i think its hagrid

8. Lord Ravenclaw

Enemies of the Heir, Beware...you'll be next mudbloods!

9. i hope its percy

10. Levi

Levi Sent Back to India

Honks will be like... A Dream Come True. But alas, I don't think it will happen. But like Vash said, its wishful thinking on our part.

On to other matters, as for the HBP, Filch is a BIG no-no. Other theories have Aberforth Dumbledore, Dean Thomas and 20 other people contesting for the post of HBP. But we know one thing for a fact and that is we won't know who the guy is till 16th July.

The 6th book will have lots of death as JKR has already said and we can expect the death of at least one of the Weasleys. I am sad but OBHWF is not gonna happen, IMHO.

Also, what do you people think of the cat-like man??

11. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

12. Antivash

Saw a theory that saidthe charms prof is gonna kick the bucket but i doubt thatll happen...

and as for a weasley bitting it ... im probably just expressing my dislike for the two of them but im hoping either ron or ginny... those two irk me for some reason... though i doubt itll be ron ...

and JK should just skip the cat-like man and go straight to neko-sapiens of the female gender! HP needs more catgirls!

13. Lord Ravenclaw

I hope Percy kicks the bucket in the next book.

<sarcasm>
    I believe the Half-Blooded Price is Mrs. Norris, who is really a male animagus.
    </sarcasm>

14. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Aye Percy, Fudge, Umbridge, Hermione all rank up there in ppl i hope and pray will croak =)

(Before i get nailed for naming Hermione: You ALL know at least ONE know it all person like her that acts snobby that you'd love to introduce to a shovel and a nice hole so shhhh ) :twisted:

15. Levi

Levi Sent Back to India

Hmm... yes Herm-own-ninny should die. Eh? Don't hate me d00d. I really hate ppl who think they know everything in the world. Honestly! According to Hogwarts: A History, such ppl should be hanged or crucified or .... you get the idea.

16. Marguerida

Marguerida Second Year

I don't know what you have against her. Of course she is annoying sometimes, but she changed through the books. And why she behaves like a know-it-all in the first place is obvious: She had only her books befor Hogwarts and no friends.

17. Levi

Levi Sent Back to India

Umm... Is it mentioned in the books that she only had books b4 Hogwarts and no friends? IMO, this was just a fanon concept developed to reason her behavior. And even after 5 years of having friends at Hogwarts, there is no noticeable change in her manner. She still acts like a snobbish know-it-all. Keeps poking her nose in others business everytie.

18. Marguerida

Marguerida Second Year

You are right, there isn't said anything, but I know this kind of behaviour^^

19. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

I know who the hbp is. It is Gilderoy Lockhart. We have seen in fanfiction harry stealing Vodies memories. Can’t you imagine. The final Battle. Gilderoy facing Voldie and is peeing himself and in a desperate attempt casts a memory charm and steals Voldies knowledge... Wouldn’t that be awesome.

OK maybe that wont happen. But what do you think of Dobby. He could be the half blood prince. I don’t think anyone has said its a human prince. Maybe Dobby has LOTR elves blood in his veins.

I think the whole Weasly family can die. Dont like anyone of them. The only thing they are good at is playing guilt stricken in innocent Harry sent to Azkban fics.

20. Antivash

O_O??... God.. id almost kill to see that...too funny... maybe he'd kill voldie by making him laugh himself to death?

Not open for further replies.