1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Halo: Finishing the Fight by Red Mage 04 - T (Halo/DnD)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Atomic Lightning-bug, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Atomic Lightning-bug

Atomic Lightning-bug Second Year DLP Supporter

Title: Halo: Finishing the Fight
    Author: Red Mage 04
    Rating: T
    Genre: Sci-Fi/Adventure
    Paring: None
    Summary: The Ark wasn’t the end. Stranded on an alien world where the rules of reality no longer apply, the Master Chief and his allies will face new challenges. When darkness rises, they must show that sometimes, a few brave souls can make all the difference.
    Link: Link

What caught my attention was the size (140k), the number of reviews (300), and the fact that I had never seen this story before. 19 chapters in five months shows a steady update rate in a Halo fic.

Edit:

Well I'm an idiot. Either way I still got into it pretty well, considering I know NOTHING of the crossed universe.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  2. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

It might be nice if you included a link for anyone who wants to read the story next time. ;)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4108390/1/Halo_Finishing_the_Fight

Edit: Also, it's a Forbidden Realms- Drizzt Do'Urden series crossover. I scrolled down and saw Bruenor Battlehammer as one of the characters.

I can't imagine how this is going to work, but I'll try and read a few chapters...

3. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

This is a kick ass story.

I first started reading this on the spacebattles forum, which is further ahead then the ff.net version. It took me a few times to get into it - due to the odd crossover.

That said, I thoroughly enjoy reading the curbstompage. What amazed me is that I only know of the bare basics of the Forgotten Realms (Drizzit is a good dark elf, and Lloth is a spider/woman/goddess), yet I can't stop reading this story. To me, this is probably the best military campaign fanfiction that I have read. This author has a way of describing the death of thousands that makes me just smile.

5/5

P.S. - I'm hoping for a MasterChief/Neeshka pairing. Something tells me however that there will be no pairings at all in this story.

4. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Halo somehow has some of the most talented writers in fanfiction. Kavek, Mr. Clark, an REG Omega, and now this guy. Even though the story is interesting and well-told, I'd prefer a pure Halo story to see what he can concoct within the universe.

Agree with Kensington: 5/5. It has numerous 'highlight' moments.

5. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

Its... interesting to say the least. Well written but with a few grammar and spelling errors. It reads more like a 'how much will the Halo-verse utterly dominate Faerun' thing. Still, its become a bit of a guilty pleasure.

Also, its been more than 5 months. The first chapter was posted in march of LAST year.

3/5 from me.

6. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

'twould have been much, much better if it was just Master Chief and Cortanna on the ship, and if they had about a tenth of the hardware they did.

That said, it kept me interested enough to read it the whole way through. It gets a 3/5 from me.

7. HSRTG

HSRTG First Year

Here's an index of chapters on Spacebattles. It's considerably further along, and has been updated in the last week with Chapter 36. Cheers.

8. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Excellent fic, currently one of my personal favorites to read, I'm not nearly as much of a grammar whore as some people so the handful of errors floating around don't bother me. As others have said there are a great many shining moments in this fic that are just epic,
    not sure why but I really enjoyed the scene where the Grunts are telling Neeshka all about what the Spartans were like from their point of view, it just really got you into the idea about the fact that they were so dangerous entire species collectively shit themselves in fear from their name alone.

9. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Fine. I have no idea how this works, but it does.

4/5

I took off a point because of all the random *GASP THEY WENT THROUGH SO MUCH* moments. That was ok a few times, but it got irritating when everyone did it.

10. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

And the story is complete.

Indubitably my favorite war fic out there. My review said it all.

To reiterate - 5/5.