1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry/Meciel vs Harry/Amanda

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Methene, Nov 6, 2007.

?

Harry/Meciel vs Harry/Amanda

1. Meciel

45.1%
  2. Amanda

49.3%
  3. Other

5.6%
  1. Methene

Methene Auror

Since the discussion has been going on for quite a while in the review and work by author section, and after someone's advice I decided to make a poll about it. Which pairing do you support, and why?

Options:

Meciel, divine fallen angel, with thousands of years of experience, attuned to Harry's malevolent streak...

Amanda, a blonde teenager, with close to no experience probably, whose whole family is the opposite of what Harry stands for...

Obviously the intro was a bit biased, but that's just me.

2. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Oh jeez, as if Shezza's ego isn't already big enough.

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I Support Harry/Cessbulby.

Because she really is popular with the boy faeries. ;)

4. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

Didn't Shezza already hold a poll on which pairings do most readers prefer? Is there any point in holding another one?

If memory serves, the most popular pairing was Harry/Meciel/Amanda.

I voted Amanda but I'm all for Harry/Maeve!

5. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Well, honestly, it would have been good to have been asked before you put this up. I remember doing a poll, just as a curiosity more than anything, so you could probably have looked at that.

Also, compared to the membership list of DLP, there are only a few people in comparison who probably read my story and know what you're talking about. The rest of them will be going 'just what the hell is a Meciel?' and wondering what story you're talking about. In other words, a title would have been good.

I'll let you all know that frankly, I don't care what you think. Sure, to a certain extent I'll take in your feedback and value your opinions, but I'm not going to take drastic changes to the story to go with public opinion. I'm a slut for reviews, not a whore. I enjoy them when I get them, I don't expect to have to put out because somebody's paying me.

Hope I don't sound like an arsehole. If I do, eh. Better an arsehole than arrogant.

That said, for those who do respond, I will consider everything you say. I'll tell you right now that the pairings are a rather minor part of the sequel though, but feel free to express your opinions and know that I will listen to you. Pairings haven't really been decided, so I can be swayed- to a certain extend. Like I said, not a whore.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  6. Methene

Methene Auror

Sorry, I went and searched for it now that you've mentioned it. It was a bit before my time unfortunately.

So, anyone with the authority required feel free to delete this thread.

EDIT: I asked for curiosity not as a mean to promote Harry/Meciel, but I am sorry. I should have asked before putting it up.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  7. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Eh, it's alright. Now that it's open, you may as well keep it. Besides, this one allows commentary and the other one only deals with numbers. Something I've been meaning to propose for story nominations- actually giving a reason rather than just selecting one.

8. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I am a sucker for romance usually, but this Harry can't be with anyone but Meciel in his current situation. Do you really think Meciel would 'let' Harry put himself in danger with a relationship. With that, Harry having feelings for anyone but Meciel, seems out of place with the whole story saying the opposite.

So, with this logic, the pairing would have to be Meciel. I just don't want to see the relationship change between Meciel and Harry. If they are suddenly having sex, and the relationship and dialogue doesn't change, it would seem out of place. If it does change, I am not sure I would value the change just because Harry and Meciel are getting it on behind the scenes.

9. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think the main opposition to is that Meciel is not actually there... It's practically masturbation to do it with her :p, since any vision of her Harry sees is just her playing with his senses. Would be amusing for him to fuck Amanda though, just to corrupt her a bit more, cause I really want to see her go Dark just to piss Michael off :D.

Still, I want more Harry/Meciel! Even if it ain't strictly a pairing.

Aekiel

10. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

I voted Amanda. Frankly I don’t think Harry/Meciel would be legal after reading “Man Has Sex With Bicycle” thread in the Sick and Perverse forum. Sure a bicycle might be extreme, but so is a coin. And we all know that Harry would have a hard time defending himself in court.

11. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Yeah, I understand what you mean by 'not there' but even then, its still Harry feeling as if he's having sex with her.

12. Methene

Methene Auror

What if Meciel was released or freed from her prison? Aekiel and whoever else has that objection, would you prefer a flesh and bone Meciel over Amanda?

13. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Personally, my vote is for Meciel/Amanda over the two typical options in the thread title. Of course I still think pairings are the quickest way to make an interesting fic uninteresting. (Sex is fun. Pairings are your parents. And true love is the devil's workshop.)

14. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

I can't believe we have another one of these. Should've learned from Shezza's last poll, or his enormous (not) input in the WBA/Review threads.

Super secret: It's Harry/Minerva

15. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

What's an Meciel? [​IMG]

16. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

I think a Harry/Amanda pairing has more going for it, the family problems, having
    Mecial /amanda jealous of each other, giving mecial an upper hand while harry tries to figure out teenage girls, the list goes on and on.

Of course, I could be wrong.

17. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh I have no objection in the first place :p. Any smut is good smut, at least in this fic. And yes, flesh and bone Meciel would be excellent, only problem I can see there is that the only way she could do that (I think) is by making Harry her Avatar... Which completely negates the point of shipping real!Meciel/Harry.

But, I digress, ships are not what I like the fic for so it won't really bother me if Harry doesn't end up with anyone (it would probably be more realistic too, considering how much of a bastard he is). As long as I get to see Harry burn more vampires I will be content... I am way too easy to please XD.

Aekiel

18. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I kind of want to see Dumbledore/Fawkes . . . Office anyone?

But Harry/Meciel is fine too as far as weird ships go.

19. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Shezza++

I agree that a) a pairing should not be the defining part of the story and b) a story should be written by the author, not the readers.

20. morgoth

morgoth First Year

Out of Meciel and Amanda i would much rather Meciel however i think it would be best if harry didn’t have any major romantic relationships.