1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry/Meciel vs Harry/Amanda

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Methene, Nov 6, 2007.

?

Harry/Meciel vs Harry/Amanda

1. Meciel

45.1%
  2. Amanda

49.3%
  3. Other

5.6%
  1. JWH

JWH Unspeakable

We need a Harry/Charity omake, people. It may not be realistic in the actual story, but I want to see it either way.:awesome

2. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Why do so many people support Harry/Amanda?
    Harry is a host for a demonic enitity, and Amanda is a whiny little christain who wants to save his soul. I miss the Harry from the beginning who happily sold souls to demons at the young age of 9.

3. entropic4ever

entropic4ever Squib

I'd have to say Harry with Meciel. I mean, come on, would you choose an inexperienced, ultra-Christian teenager over a ridiculously hot Fallen Angel?

4. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Eh, I just like Amanda for the simple fact that she's slowly become further and further willingly corrupt under Harry's tutelage. She's probably my favorite OC (although she's technically not an OC) written.

Realistically though, I don't see a Harry/Amanda pairing happening. Harry belongs to Meciel. The only way I can ever see anything happening is if Amanda gets ahold of Laschiel's coin (spelling?) and that omake which hinted of a relationship between Meciel/Laschiel was serious.

5. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I believe it's Lasciel and although I'm steady supporter of Harry/Meciel (Meciel is Denarian Trilogy - unique character. If you want Harry/Amanda or Harry/girl!from!HP!Universe you can just read any other fic) your idea is fucking hot.

6. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Now, would that be a regular pairing, or a foursome?

Meciel!Harry/Lasciel!Amanda

I can already hear Harry's bragging and strutting...

7. JWH

JWH Unspeakable

Actually, you can't. Or if you can, I'd likea link to those other good HP/Dresden fics where HP meets/gives a fuck about any of Michael's kids.

That being said,
    This idea is perfect.

8. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

So long as Harry doesn't run into Harry Dresden while he has the Lasciel coin. Wouldn't want to see Mesciel/Lasciel then.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  9. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

She hasn't really been all that much concerned about soul saving since she's been going to Hogwarts. I can't recall the last time she ever really thought Harry should change. He's saved her life and the lives of others countless others, that's more than enough to override any lingering judgments she might have over Harry's behavior.

If you're trying to suggest that Harry's not evil anymore, or that Amanda is a naieve little Christian girl, I think you're reading a different story than the rest of us.

10. KrzaQ

Honestly, I did not see any of these, but I'm sure there will be one sooner or later. On the other hand, I doubt we will see Meciel in any other fic so the choice is pretty obvious for me. Well, that and I like her better.

As a matter of fact, this Harry is not evil. And Amanda doesn't want to "save him" because she thinks he is already redeemed (he has the sword plus her reasoning during fight with Hermione in TDR, ch29).

11. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm personally not a fan of Harry/Charity. :/

Then again, thats probably just my misguided sense of propriety.

12. Hashasheen

Not evil per say, but I still miss the Soul-selling! Harry from the early days.:(
    As for Amanda, I recall Dumbledore telling her to work on Harry, so that he doesnt fall from darkness to evil or some shit like that. Seemed rather Christain-like. Not forgetting her Christain childhood, which isnt as easy to give up as people would think.

13. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

Yes, Dumbledore said that. In Denarian Renegade, I believe, before Harry had the sword. That was then, and this is now. Hell, Harry taught her the dark arts last book. Yeah, she's trying to save him really hard.

Some conversation, not sure when it was, keeps playing in my head. Something like Harry telling Dumbledore that he better not be trying to 'save' him. Dumbledore replies that he's satisfied now that Harry has the sword. Don't remember when it was, though.

14. Hashasheen

Point taken, but I'll stick to my Harry/Charity:) . To me, Amanda will forever be the annoying girl who pines for Harry (Ginny, cough cough). I can only hope a Death eater gets her.:(

somewhere in Denarian Knight I believe.

15. meatzman2

meatzman2 Backtraced

Just sent a message asking shezza if it's acceptable to do an omake based around Harry/Charity, I've included the message I sent out to him, which included the two ways I could see it happening.

Hey mate,
    Would it be alright for my first foray into fanfiction to be a Harry/Charity omake based on your characters from Denarian Renegade?

The basic plot would be that Harry gets invited around to dinner at the Carpenter's after Michael gets back from a long-term mission overseas. Two subsequent possibilities emerge: one, Harry seduces Charity who has not had sex in months and with a family of 7 kids their obvious sexual activities, she is feeling the need. Possibilities abound for innuendo, bad puns and crude sexual humor on Harry's part. The second option, Harry blackmails Charity with his knowledge of her dark past (he could have done some research, gotten information out of cessbulby etc...) into providing him with sexual favors. The first option is obviously the more humorous one although I think it would be possible to wheedle humor out of the second scenario but it would be of a different flavor.

If you chose the second option I have envisaged a final scene where Harry is seen walking out of Charity's room by Amanda, who could be jealous, horrified, betrayed or one of many things (turned on).

If you OK it, would you like to see and conduct a final edit to the final piece before I post it on the forums? I am planning to post it in the Harry/Meciel vs Harry/Amanda page.

Sincerely,
    Meatzman2

If it was for any other fic I doubt I would get the author's permission to publish an omake, but as it's this series which I love so much I've asked and I hope to receive.

16. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

If Shezza approves this I'll have lost all respect for him.

As for you, well, there was never any respect to begin with.

17. meatzman2

meatzman2 Backtraced

Oho!! Harsh!! now explain, it's not meant to be serious I'm asking if it's alright to make a piss-take using some of his characters, if you're going to be such a downer at me trying to have a laugh at least give a reason other then that shite you just posted.

[EDIT] Take out the word shite, my anger got the best of me, your opinion is your own. Actually having gone back and looked at what I wrote again, I agree it would make me lose some respect for shezza if he approved of it, but then it's not supposed to garner his approval, it's supposed to amuse me and maybe some others.

[Double EDIT] I somehow posted the first EDIT to a completely different post on a different thread, more fail on my part, lesson learned; caffeine, Superbowl and no sleep don't mix.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  18. Hashasheen

Or you know, he could rape her.

19. KrzaQ

That would be really out of character for Harry (because it'd implicate that it was only way for him to get some).

20. Hashasheen

He's gotten it on with Maeve and .....
    Anyway considering he's sold souls to Outsiders, is this really something out of his limits?