1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry / Murphy - The new Harry / Ginny?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Darius, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Look at the amount of retarded stuff that has been done in this series.

Seriously that pales in comparison.

2. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

Brother she almost gets Dresden killed, "Oooh I'm an intrepid reporter, I won't listen to my boyfriend, steal his invitation, and go play with some vampires. And then when I truly have fucked over my boy friend I will fuck the hell off and disappear."

Yeah..."competent."

3. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I don't think anyone would argue that Susan's actions in Grave Peril were less than well considered, but that was one mistake from an otherwise fairly competent character.

4. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Murphy doesn't turn kickass, she goes from being an annoying pest to being an annoying slut with delusions of power.

And fuck you nuhuh, where the fuck is my Murphy rape scene? YOU PROMISED ME, WHORE.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  5. Philly Homer

Philly Homer What you call elephant cum I call mouthwash

Yeah I was never fond of the whole feminist bullshit from Murphy. She just came of as a complete cunt, and then transitioned to an emo slut.

Are you serious? If so I demand that we get this. :whipped:

6. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

I just started with Grave Peril and so far I find Murphy to be an annoying bitch.

7. Nuhuh

I don't understand how "competent" is being used to describe her.

The hallmarks of her character are slutting for stories.

Being a cliche intrepid reporter.

Fucking up majorly for the above tendencies, leading Harry to start a war.

What exactly is she "competent" at?

@ Sree

CHU <3

Working on it.

8. TwilightAmbition

TwilightAmbition First Year

Lash needs to return, she was the coolest chick in DF. Or, even better, Lasciel.

Murphy is a stupid slut, Susan is a stupider slut, Molly's a poser and it's obvious Luccio is just a quick fuck.

In conclusion, Harry should nail his fairy godmother.

9. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    She does seem to be a reasonably competent reporter from what little we saw of her journalistic exploits, and aside from the moment of inspired idiocy she had showing up at the Red Court party uninvited, but to be fair she really didn't have the information to know how dangerous that was and I don't recall her doing anything else too stupid.

I don't recall Susan slutting for stories; she did get flirty with Dresden but I don't remember there being anything to indicate that it was just for stories as opposed to her genuinely being interested in him.

That said, she is in my opinion one of the more underdeveloped characters of the series; I think Harry spends more book time feeling bad about how she got turned into a vampire and blaming himself for it then we actually see him interacting with her.

10. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

Well, her being underdeveloped isn't going to be a problem for too long, as Jim has said she will be appearing in book 12.

11. Jearom

Jearom Sixth Year

Competent Reporter is about the greatest oxymoron since Clean Politician. There are two types of journalists, the ones that will fuck to get a story and the ones that will fuck to tell the story on TV. Seriously reporters are just barely above lawyers and Congressmen in my Slime Rankings.

The fact is Susan was a hack writer for a two-bit tabloid. Her editor squeezed in stories about Dresden between Elvis sightings and alien abductions. I always got the impression that she was using Harry to get better stories, the Red Court Ball just proves it.

12. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

And the fact that Harry was protected from the White Court proves that it was 'love'.

Don't sell her short. Harry lived among shit too, in a two-bit apartment but that doesn't mean that he wasn't a good wizard. Perhaps, she was publishing in a tabloid because no serious newspaper would have her?

I'd always imagined her having a childish attitude towards magic: she knows, to an extent, what it is; she knows that it can be dangerous but hasn't really comprehended how much. As a lover, she was cool.

Although I wish he'd fucked Murphy. Perhaps then she wouldn't be such a bitch about things.

13. Erud

Erud First Year

Bah, all this silly discussions when we all know that by the end of the books he will end up with Mab. :D:whipped:

14. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Murphy needs to be raped, in the butt. Might dislodge the stick a little. Now I hear that nuhuh owes us a story? :D

Aekiel

15. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Quote for the mutherfucking truth, you niggerass bithes. :O

But Jon.... Mavra = Bella? @_@ way to ruin the ship by comparing bella to a walking corpse.

I think you mean "retarded" and "Incompetent." If you like Latina women, there are better. Susan Rodrigues is infinitely worse than Murphy, I think, even after the character assassinating Hawaii.

16. Nuhuh

Harry loving Susan doesn't make her any more a "competent character."

Her being a good reporter wasn't in question, that's besides the issue.

Secondly, Susan not knowing how dangerous magical creatures can be? Puh-leeze:

Stormfront: MuFu'ing Toad Demon huffs and puffs and blows the door down, while she's there on a date with Dresden.

Fool Moon: She films Dresden fighting the Lupa Garou.

If those two things don't tell you to listen to the man who summoned lightning from the sky to kill one demon, and used a pendent to kill the other, then yeah your dumb as bricks, not naive.

She is physically hot, sure. But she was also arrogant or stupid.

I hope Luccio takes that staff of hers and shows her a thing or two.

17. DR

DR Secret Squirrel –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Murphy's pretty awesome....but comparing her to Ginny Weasley??

Why ya gotta do that? Just....why...

18. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

Am I the only one who want to see some Harry/Murphy sex? (And Harry/FaeQueens sporting ftw)

19. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

No Harry/Murphy for me, but I agree with the Harry/Queens idea.

20. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

What is so awesome about her. She is by far the most annoying character. For some God forsaken reason she feels that she a woman, severely lacking in height, needs to be the defender of New York.

If she dated Dresden I don't think there would be a day in that relationship where she wouldn't spout out some monologue about how she swore an oath to defend the inhabitants of Chicago.

"Hey Murph you want a sandwich?"
    "I can't Harry I need to stay in shape because I swore to protect and defend the lives of the citizens of Chicago."
    "...A simple No would of sufficed."

What she needs is to get off her high horse, and realize she's about as useful as a needle-pricked condom.

Susan, while even more worthless as a character, at least has the vampire strength if she needs it, and I'm sure she's learned something in her time with the order. She is a terrible character, but I see her as a more cllche relationship than Murphy.
    Somehow fangirls will saturate the fandom with fics in which Harry discovers a cure for vampirism and rather than use it on his brother, decides to use it on fucking Susan.