1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter and the Ancient Strength by Crazy1 - Stargate - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Crazy1, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Crazy1

Crazy1 Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Title: Harry Potter and the Ancient Strength
    Author: Crazy1
    Rating: T
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Sci-Fi
    DLP Category: Alternates
    Pairing: Undecided - Definitely no slash.
    Summary: Harry Potter is not complete. He hasn't been since the age of one. Find out how his past can change his future. Crossover with SG1.
    The basic plot premise is pretty much the same as my Plot bunny thread in Fanfic Discussion but with some added things to hide the plot holes.

As my first ever AN (Whee!) says, it's my first fic, so please, tear to shreds at your pleasure.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3381700/1/
    http://www.ficwad.com/viewstory.php?sid=46485
    http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?p=102043#post102043

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  2. Lord Necros

Lord Necros Slug Club Member

Dude this fic is pretty good so far but it needs something 3/5

3. Crazy1

Like what...

EDIT: that Ficwad link is seriously beginning to annoy me. It keeps linking to the second chapter instead of the first, so if any mods feel like fixing it they can do it. I've tried to do about three times now.

Ficwad sucks. I never knew that uploading a chapter could be so much hard work! First It won't upload, so I have to copy and paste the chapter, adding italics manually. Then it mucks up the formatting of my first chapter so I have to repost that as well. At least the edited second chapter's up everywhere now.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  4. KenderCleric

KenderCleric Lord of Plot Bunnies

I'm always looking for a good HP/Stargate xOver. Interesting concept so far.

5. Lord Necros

dude it needs a concept of how the fuck is harry going to get to hoggy and get to the ship with out tipping off the old goat fucker

6. Crazy1

The fact that Harry has no idea about the ship at the moment might interfere with that a little bit. By the time he gets to Hogwarts there might be a bit more of a clue about where I'm going, though, but that's quite a way off at the moment.

Edit: You'd realise this if you'd actually read the prologue. Moron.

Edit v.2.0: If you're going to criticise, Necro, at least criticise in correct English. By the way, my name is not, nor has it ever been, 'dude'.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  7. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

Woah, Woah Chill out! While I admit the the criticism was unfounded, your response was WAY outta proportion. (I've done it too, Alas) That being said 'Lord' Necros you do need to be a little more accurate in your replies.

Interesting start, a little cliche' on the whole 'Re-reading all my previous books and learning SO much more' bit, but acceptable none-the-less. It's hard to find a fic that doens't use at least one, and this one is rather minor. I must admit that I find it a tad odd that the ship was appearently in the CoS without harry seeing it in his second year. but then I suppose that there is nothing to say that it was anywhere near the main chamber.

good start Overall but still too short for a 4
    3.5/5

Edit:Necros, Kender... You should really rate it if your going to take the time to review :)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  8. KenderCleric

I don't know why but I just got the greatest mental image of the entire CoS fight taking place dodging around a Goa'uld cargo ship. There's a laugh that'll last me the night. :)

Oh and for the rating you're right.

4/5

9. Crazy1

^ I might have to go back and edit that bit, LOL. I suppose it could be cloaked but that would be an immense drain on power and I don't particularly want Harry to have to build a naquadah generator in his sixth year. I think that my be a little bit OTT. By the way, there's probably a few more cliches coming (unfortunately) but they are relatively minor.

10. LegalAlien

LegalAlien Denarii Host

That story has a very interesting and unique concept. I really like it so far!

11. Lord Necros

Sorry Crazy, I say 3/5 but I have never realy been into Stargate otherwise quite good.

12. Crazy1

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  13. KenderCleric

I fully support any chapter of any story that has Dumbles being put in his place by someone under the age of 50. Good work!

14. Kalaban

Kalaban Muggle

A tel'tac is equipped with a cloaking device. The Chamber of Secrets was immense and there are a lot of places to conceivably hide a ship of that size. If you go by the movies that many pond the serpent rose out of could house the ship. Some unused side tunnel or undiscovered cave is also a possibility. Cannon and fanfiction alike have stressed that size and dimension are not a problem where magic is concerned. Even the fact that a ship is underground is not a problem given the Tok'ra's use of crystals that can dig caverns in a matter of minutes. Sorry to be a know-it-all but I'm a Stargate SG1 fan and have watched since it was on Showtime.

15. Crazy1

We also don't know for how long a cloak can be sustained. I don't want to make it too powerful, because it's not like the ancient (who I still have no name for) could install a ZPM to power it for eons.

The next chapter is going to take a while. I want it to be a lot longer - slight problem that I chose to start this when I had exams, eh?