1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Harry Potter and the Blood Rose by Vlad_the_Inhaler - NC-17

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Alexx, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Alexx

Alexx Card Captored and buttsecksed

Title: Harry Potter and the Blood Rose
    Author: Vlad_the_Inhaler
    Rating: NC-17
    Genre: Drama,Erotica,Horror
    Library Category: Restricted Section
    Pairings: Harry/harem
    Summary: When Voldemort took Harry’s blood, he inadvertently strengthened their connections. Already tainted with Voldemort’s soul, Harry gives in to the primal aspects of magic and begins a descent int...
    Link: http://ficwad.com/story/79360

It was surprising not to find this in the library considering it stands for this site's name and what it is for. Its a pretty good Evil!Harry and its very enjoyable. In this Harry actual is evil and he rapes women, magically enslaves them and is training himself to be dark lord Harry Potter. This isn't just a smut fest but it as a good plot to it. The author has this writing style thats easy to read and has way with descriptions, dialogue which I love. Its written in both 1st person and 3rd person in Harry's POV. Harry's POV is fascinating and humorous. The way he goes around manipulating everyone is very enjoyable. The author mainly keeps others in character which is a big plus and the smut scenes are well done. Special mention to Daphne who is crazy hotness and this is probably my favorite Daphne in fan fiction. Warning: There are lots of rape/torture scenes for those who don't like that. This makes wish for more Evil Harry fics. Unfortunately, its abandoned but it has a nice 50,000+ words to it, and novel length Evil!Harry fics like this one are rare as they come and most fan fiction stories ends up abandoned anyway. I couldn't find the abandoned prefix so I used another one. I guess its only available to mods, so hopefully one of them can fix it. 5/5 and a must read for Evil!Harry fans.

Some hilarious excerpts

<wbr>

<wbr>

<wbr>

<wbr>

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  2. Deplore

Deplore Seventh Year

Uhm....from what I see right here....no.

I tried to skim through it, and even skipped a couple chapters, but then my eyes started bleeding.

Just....no.

First of all, author can't decide between perspectives -- switching between 1st and 3rd feels jarring. Secondly, narration feels stifled and characters are about as flat as a cardboard and have the same amount of depth to it too.

Thirdly, cliches abound. Harry training, super-Harry, slytherin-in-griff-Harry, sexing-up-every-pair-of-tits-just-because-Harry, and more.

It's just not that great.

1.5/5 -- and I'm being generous.

3. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Didn't vlad used to be a member of this site?

Regardless, everything you quoted to make us want to read it more had the opposite effect on me.

So yeah, noty/5.

4. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I started to read, but after the 'I swear on my life and magic' oath appeared in the second chapter, I stopped. This oath is right up there with the stupidest fanon cliches. A few words trump a need for a trial or even veritaserum. It's so kickass it renders the Unbreakable Vow completely useless, because it achieves the same result with much less investment.

And the weird forward/backward slashes next to speech are just bizarre, same with inconsistent forward/backward quotation marks. Thanks, but no thanks.

2,5/5, because the quotes in OP were a good laugh, but rounded down to 2 for thread rating.

Not to mention bashing out of nowhere.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  5. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Pretty sure I've come across this either in the WBA or the Restricted Section.

6. FreakLord

FreakLord Professor DLP Supporter

Yeah, I remember reading it from DLP. Did you search the site before posting this?

7. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Seven years ago, when this was published it could be considere to be 'decent'. Now? Now its quite bad. And lets leave it at that.

8. ScottPress

High Score:
  9. IBG

IBG Seventh Year

This used to be in the downloadable DLP archives if it's the fic I remember - I remember reading it when my internet was out years ago.

10. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

First of all, Magic Oaths. I wonder how many Authors who use them ever considered the full ramifications of simply pulling them out whenever they want to convince someone something. Seriously, it's bullshit.

Next, the constant switch between first and third person. It adds nothing to the story beyond confusing us.

All in all, a pretty lousy Fic.

11. Agravaine

Agravaine Seventh Year

I don't know which is worse, the fact that the rape scenes in this story are apparently written to be "enjoyable," or the fact that you see nothing wrong with enthusiastically touting this as one of the story's better features.

I feel like nonsensical magic oaths are the least of problems here.

12. bombdiggity92

bombdiggity92 Temporarily Banhammered

Are you trolling?

13. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

Alexx, have you ever fucking recommended a good fic? What's the point in taking the the time to start the thread?

14. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  15. Alexx

I'm a sick pervert.

Looks like no one even bothered to read the fic whatever.

16. ScottPress

High Score:
    But DLP doesn't make a habit of wading through shit in order to get to the good stuff. And the beginning of this fic is shit.

17. Alexx

The beginning was just 600 words out of the 50000 and was a recap of end of GOF. Its obvious you haven't bothered to read the fic.

18. ScottPress

High Score:
    I thought that was made obvious with my first post in the thread.

19. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

Actually, I did try to read it, I really did.

But even ignoring the Magical Oath (I am actually considering a Crack fic that shows what would really happen if they were so easy and useful as Fanon likes to make them), it is just plain awful. The Bashing alone is more than a little annoying. And I didn't even get to all the rape you seem to love so damn much.

20. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

A world where Tom Riddle has taken over by a subtle manipulation of oaths and wordings, and where Harry Potter struggles to live with the oppressive government, word traps of every and each legal document and tries to escape death - for there is a prophesy everyone knows, but no one can act upon, for they all are constrained by magical oaths?

And to top it off, everywhere you look, there are age-lines, forbidding passage to minors or making people stay home against their will - or, even serving as a nigh impenetrable guard for safekeeping. Unless you know a dedicated wizard who hasn't been sworn to never change any age lines...

It's a world where knowing how to say the right words, or having just the right amount of conflicting oaths of different 'seriousness' can be a matter of life or death?

I'd read that.