1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Breath of Life by Shujin1 - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Darje, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Darje

Darje Groundskeeper

Title: Harry Potter and the Breath of Life
    Author: Shujin1
    Rating: T
    Genre: Supernatural
    DLP Category: The Alternate's
    Pairing: HP/OC
    Chapters: 19
    Words: 62,932
    Updated: February 21, 2009
    Published: July 16, 2008

Summary: Sequel to HPaDI. The Chamber of Secrets has reopened and both students and teachers are swept into Harry's issues with the Incarnates. Act, and he loses his life to Death. Don't act and the consequences may just be the same...
    Link:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4401354/1/Harry_Potter_and_the_Breath_of_Life
    Prequel thread link: Harry Potter and Death's Incarnate

It's more of the same from Death's Incarnate, but we are getting more information into the plots of the various Incarnates involved so far. Consistent grammar and spelling with his past story; also, the storytelling is less disjointed (in this first chapter) than it was in DI.

Checked by Minion, January 6, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
  2. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Fuckin' win in a bottle.

3. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Updated. The story has gotten a lot more interesting.

Shujin1 is getting a hang of her writing and is weaving a great narrative here. Harry's promise to Thanatos is an interesting one to say the least.

5/5 for pure entertainment.

4. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

An awesome story. Been hoping to see an update for this soon. I'll edit with my review once I finish rereading the whole thing... It's been a while.

5. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Where the flying fuck did this fic and its prequel get all these glowing commentary? I'll admit it; the start was good enough but as I continued to read further and further on, things just got fuckin' ridiculous. I mean, fanfic wise; I never really do get irritated, just closing it if its a piece of shit. But the way this fic went, things got more and more retarded and damn near impossible to follow.

This fic was only written last year and I'm sure my standards haven't risen so much that a fic originally recommended by Shezza of all people I would find horrible. And honestly; this fic makes me want to break something afetr reading it.

Will someone please explain to me why this pile of horseshit gets such wonder commentaries?

EDIT: Yeah, was raging so hard that I forgot to rate. here's a rating to match its quality.

1/5.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  6. bobtheslycat

bobtheslycat Backtraced

I agree. This story is dumb. I am uninterested in all these incarnates. I want a story, not an encyclopedia of "gods" written by some over imaginative kid. 1/5

7. Hugo

Hugo Second Year

I think its the mythic type theme that people find interesting...Thanatos himself is controversial in history. Anything to do with Gods in any shape or form will more than likely attract good commentary. I'll give it a 2.5/5 just because the start was entertaining...