1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Clockwork Leap by Clell65619

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Celestin, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Title: Harry Potter and the Clockwork Leap
    Author: Clell65619
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure/Humor
    DLP Category: Time Travel Fics
    Pairing: depends on chapter
    Summary: "After hearing Hermione Granger theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Harry Potter stepped into the Department of Mysteries Time Turner Acceleration Chamber and vanished. He woke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Luna, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of an Astral Projection that only Harry can see and hear. And so Harry Potter finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next leap will be the one that allows him to kill Voldemort."
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5805767/1/Harry_Potter_and_the_Clockwork_Leap

Now that's idea for time travel that should be used more, not only in HP fics. Quantum Leap is one of the greatest s-f shows and one of my ideas for fics was taken from it. But Clell65619 taken it on another level and we have Harry changing his own time line so much, that he doesn't even know to who he lost his virginity ;). If you want read something fast and smile a little doing it, this is for you.

2. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I quite enjoyed that. Not a great read, but it made me chuckle. Especially the troll, McGonagall and Lockhart :p Watching it get steadily more chaotic could be fun.

3/5 so far.

3. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

4. pdo91

pdo91 Professor DLP Supporter

Meh.

It's typical Clell65619. It's something that you can read well enough, but there's nothing that makes it noteworthy at all. It easily gets a 3/5, but it's also going to stay at 3/5 for the rest of the story, no matter what happens.

5. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No. I say no on all Clell. He personally offended me with his response to a review, so -8700/5 for me. I'll still read it though, I only hate the author, not the story.

6. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

Intriguing. Somehow I think the intensifying timeline disruption Harry's causing is far more dangerous than Voldemort could ever be. I hope this continues.

4/5

7. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Clell's work varies considerably in quality, often within the same story (see Marriage Contracts). So far, this is interesting. Hopefully it stays that way.

3.5/5 for now. I'll wait for a couple more chapters, if any come, to make a final rating.

8. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

It's an interesting idea, but I think it just might overcomplicate itself.(3/5)

9. Novera

Novera Seventh Year

Pretty cool, though I would like to see some actual progression. This story could go on forever if the timeline gets completely changed every time he goes back. Once Harry starts going to progressively later dates instead of randomly jumping back to when he was three years old after the yule ball it should be alright, though the story would then lose the whole 'wtf is going on' thing. I hope Clell can balance the elements.

EDIT: Unless, of course the whole point of the story is to just drive Harry insane and the whole 'fix the timeline' theme is a smokescreen... In that case let the madness continue.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  10. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As usual, nothing to progress the actual story will happen... but it's not a bad read. A few minutes worth of amusement.

3/5.

11. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

-Blinks-

Holy shit.... The time loops just ended in Lion-hearts 'Chuuin Exam day'

Edit: Sorry, off topic. More to come on- topic as soon as I get around to reading it.

Edit 2: OK, on topic.

'Clockwork' is good if you like bits of random insanity... which I do.

Basically it's a string of long 'What if' one shots joined by the fact that Harry's apparently skipping around the multi-verse into other people's bodies at supposed turning points in his original time line and changing shit, and yet no matter what he changes he apparently ends up in the ministry and steps through some kind of break in time and ends up with one person following him via astral projection and a person or number of people in the background offering advice through a charmed object.

pretty much just insanity though. plot holes left right and center, but fun plot holes.

pretty solid 3.5

could really go either way IMHO

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  12. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

Edit3: I suspect this story has been put on indefinate hold.