1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter and the Demon Knights by Potter-Pikachu - M

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by The Fine Balance, Sep 8, 2007.

1. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

Title: HP and the Demon Knights
    Author: Potter-Pikachu
    Rating: M
    DLP category: General
    Spoilers: Till GoF
    Summery:AU:5th, What do you get when you have half Demons with an attitude, a powerful young boy with a fixed destiny, two aliens who prepare for a Prophecy, two boy crazy girls, sword fighting and elemental magic? Harry Potter's darkest year yet! Read and enjoy.

Link: :mid3

My comments: chexy fight scenes (and loads of em). NO romance. Interesting aliens. Hilarious female stalkers. A powerful Harry with powerful enemies. No whussiness. No/very very few EMO moments. And lots and lots of butt-kicking-action.

And to top it all off, witty banter! :p

Another blast from the past, and imo, the penultimate in super but not overboard!Harry. Just get past the slowish start, and you're all set. Things really start picking up around chapter 5/6 (which is like 40k words in)

EDIT: lol, it gets pretty frigging random at times.

5/5

Light and fun read.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
  2. Vengashii

Vengashii Banned

I'm sorry. Did you give this five stars? From the quotes alone I feel like killing you.

3. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Umm I think you are too generous... Way too generous. Aside from the beginning and ending dialog there was nothing spectacular about this fic. And the above mentioned dialogs were mere attempts at humor that only succeeded in annoying me. I hate it when authors write things like that... They serve no purpose other than to let the insecure author pretend to be in the company of fictional character.

2/5

4. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Oh this won't end well.

Back in the day, I loved this fic. Enjoyable banter and the sort of zany, quirky humor that can make you laugh (but if you're not in the mood it's easy to hate).

So many long chat-like transcripts at the start and end of chapters (try reading the author's bio page). There's a point where it just becomes too much and I get saturated on this sort of thing. I suspect many DLPers will have had enough before they start. Because when that happens those attempts at humor are just ingratiatingly annoying and make you want to strangle puppies.

I mean, it says something that even though I've not read this in over two maybe more years, I still remember a goofy character named Romeo (for whom I always pictured Turk from Scrubs), and Harry doing a stage performance of Sisqo's Thong Song in the middle of an action sequence. Yes, you read that right. And yes, I enjoyed it back then.

Were I to read this for the first time now, I don't know if I could get into it. But since it is one I remember and liked back then, I expect a re-read will be very enjoyable. Even still, having really liked this one, I can't justify giving it 4/5. I'll give it 3/5 and I'm probably one of the bigger fans.

5. Wergan

Wergan Third Year

Is it just me or does this sound like anime?

6. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

Erm, what is it with you and posting abandoned fics? Not to mention this isn't even any good in the first place.

7. Element

Element Seventh Year

Posting abandoned fics isn't against the rules.

Practically every fic you are currently reading and following will be abandoned. Think about that.

8. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

I was reading a novel when suddenly the name "Potter-Pikachu" popped into my mind. I instantly googled it. It was familar, but I couldn't remember from where. Then suddenly, this fic came and I went "woa!"

I used to adore this fic, it's battle scenes, it's cute, zany, immature humor and the author's inane comments too, to an extend. It was never a great read, but it was, and is, still enjoyable, so that's why I gave it 5/5. Which, I guess, is overstating it, but meh~.

lol.

9. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It reminds me way too much of the stupid anime not to mention the humor is grating and makes me want to strangle puppies.

1/5

10. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Lol.... I used to love this fic, like two - four years ago, I doubt I could stomach it these days though from what I remember...

'Let the bodies hit the floor.'

11. Hobbes

Hobbes First Year

Can we not post fics that are abandoned and that have been dead for years.
    Thanks!

I read this story couple years ago it was good then, but then again at the time i still only read cannon based fics featuring harry and ginny.

1/5