1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter and the Master of Past and Present by The-Caitiff - T (Dragonlance xover

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Mordac, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Mordac

Mordac Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Title: Harry Potter and the Master of Past and Present
    Author: The-Caitiff
    Rating: T
    Genre: General
    DLP Category: The Alternate's (Dragonlance crossover)
    Pairing: Harry/Girl!Blaise
    Summary: At the end of Harry's fifth year, a new player joins the game. Can he be trusted? What if by helping him Harry is releasing something even worse than Voldemort into the world?
    Link: www.fanfiction.net/s/3212280/1/Harry_Potter_and_the_Master_of_Past_and_Present

Unfortunately, this hasn't been updated in a while, but maybe all together we can convince the author to get back to it. The Girl!Blaise jerked me out of the story as it always does, but I managed to cope by mentally replacing her name by Daphne's. :p

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  2. benwa

benwa Squib

eh its an ok story. one would think the wizarding world would have some sort of ward or charm to keep critters out of houses even if they are abandoned tho. or id think lupin would have checked on the place to preserve memories of his friends.
    4/5

3. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

First the link is to the author profile, second I vaguely recall Caitiff saying something about this being one of the many plot bunnies he just had to get out.

I am not sure he is committed to this, though when I read it in the work-by-author section I did like it a lot.

4. Anarual

Anarual Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I am probably the biggest Dragonlance fan out here and I have to say that well.. I stopped reading after the fourth chapter because this story just sucks. The magic system that the author unsuccessfully tried to transfer here seems like a childs toy compared to the real DL magic system , also as far as ch.4 goes he neglected the Gods of Magic meaning the 3 moons ( Solinarii , Lunitarii and Nunitarii ) Good Neutral and Evil. which is pretty much the thing the whole system is based on.

SO : It is an interesting story but if I consider it as a Dragonlance then it sucks giant Amerisions mansheep balls and the mkotherfucker should be burned.

Story : 0/5 for me for the DL butchering.

5. Rispah

Rispah Guest

Solinari, Lunitari and Nuitari :)

I agree, with the rest of the post though, it could be great but there are too many shortcuts in regards to the magic.

6. Kardikek

Kardikek Groundskeeper

Girl!Blaise rocks. Draco664 wrote that one perfectly well back when sassy!slytheringirl was still rare and when Blaise's gender was still under question.

7. Dirk Diggory

Dirk Diggory Seventh Year

Oh, who the fuck cares. If he used canon, Raistlin was the most overpowered character ever. He wasn't just god-level, he could actually whoop the god's asses. "Raistlin uses his god-level intelligence to cast 4 time stops and then power word kills every person who annoys him" isn't a very good story.

I enjoyed this story, because Raistlin was a fun character and I'd like to see more fics with him. But you pretty much can't accept DL at face value and merge it into any other universe.

8. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

heh, try merging him with the Sandman comics. The fucker Raistlin would get his ass whooped if he got any of the gods mad.

9. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

It's been posted here before.