1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Harry Potter and the Not-Fatal-At-All Cultural Exchange Program by Pale Wolf -M-FS/N

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by frantic, Jul 21, 2014.

1. frantic

frantic Boosted

Title: Harry Potter and the Not-Fatal-At-All Cultural Exchange Program
    Author: Pale Wolf
    Fandom: Fate/Stay Night Crossover
    Rating: M
    Genre: Action, Fantasy, Crossover
    Library Category: Alternates
    Pairing: It doesn't even seem to have an inkling as far as I can tell.
    Summary: Stonehenge is acting strangely. The Grail has come once more, and the Ministry struggles to react. And amidst it all, Harry Potter comes into his own.

Link: http://forums.sufficientvelocity.co...t-fatal-at-all-cultural-exchange-program.330/

So after Shezza linked me his thing, I reversed linked him this because it's basically better in every single way.

This is the crossover with Nasu I always wanted. Harry's a badass, Voldemort is clever and sly, everyone is cool as shit, and the Servants are all rad and not canon, so far that I've seen.

It's really fun to read, and I'm giving it a 4/5.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2015
  2. coleam

coleam Death Eater

It's ok. The number of OCs concerns me - we have Harry and the usual Potter cast, but most (if not all - not sure how true to Nasuverse canon the Potterverse Kirei will be) of the other masters are OCs, and apart from
    Shirou
    , none of the servants seem to be characters that the average reader would be familiar with and might as well be OCs as well.

Harry is rather OOC, but I enjoy reading snarky!Harry, so it doesn't bother me. Berserker doesn't seem to fit the character of a Norse shieldmaiden especially well - mostly in her mannerisms. She reads more like a modern woman than someone who was pulled from the Dark Ages. I know some of that is the Grail's doing, but Nasuverse servants don't generally speak in modern slang.

Plus it hasn't updated in two months and the author has said that it's "stalled." From reading the thread, it seems like this is a common occurrence for him, so I'm not expecting it to update any time soon.

It is one of the better HP/Nasu crossovers I've read though, so 3.5/5 from me - rounded up to a 4.

3. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Bumped to gain attention:

This story is in here for five weeks and didn't get more than just one review and eight votes. I'll give it another week (until September 1) and move it based on the current vote.

4. dragovitch

dragovitch Disappeared

2.5/5 for me. It had it's moments but the negatives greatly outshadow the positives:

-Far, far too many OC's.
    -Extremely OOC Harry.
    -Most of the servants are practically unheard off, as pointed above, they might as well be OC's.
    -Characterization of many of the servants, namely Berserker and Archer, is poorly done.
    -The author said the story is 'stalled'. So, I'm not expecting any updates soon.