1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Link Harry Potter and the Perfect Soldier by I-Like-Llamas - M

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Syn, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Syn

Syn Fourth Year

Title: Harry Potter and the Perfect Soldier
    Author: I-Like-Llamas
    Rating: M
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Humor
    Pairings: None
    Summary: Harry's summer after his fifth year starts off surprisingly well after a visit from Remus Lupin helps to change his outlook on life. But when Harry's uncle does something terrible that noone expected, will it end up being a good or bad thing for the war?
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2652929/1/

don't be fooled by the length of the first chapter, the subsequent ones are more like what you would normally expect.

it's a "coming into his own but not independent" piece. no pairings mentioned anywhere, although there was one extremely suspicious scene with Snape that kind of made me double-take (based on the wording).

but i don't think it's going to go that route.

anyways, i'm enjoying this a lot. and i'm also reading this at 4am, so i might be missing some things.

check it out.

Checked by Minion, October 25, 2015
    Dead link is dead. If you know where to find another copy of the story, please inform the library staff.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2015
  2. Quack

Quack Second Year

Yeah, that scene made me scared as well. I had to blink twice before moving on.

I actually like this story, it's pretty good. The 'Uncle Moony' part bothers me abit, and their relationship developed far too quickly for my tastes, but it was acceptable.

3. Syn

Syn Fourth Year

nod, but i've read so much fanon by now that it seems a foregone conclusion that remus is "unca moonie" who calls harry stupid pet nicknames that would make me want to jab a silver pen in his jugular - but that's neither here nor there.

anyways, do any of you realize how ridiculous it is to stay awake all night just so i can watch the superbowl in beijing at 7am?

4. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Fanon! Remus Lupin is like the deadbeat uncle you never wanted.

He is the guy who shows up late to your 8th birthday party drunk out of his mind... Then he pukes on the pinata. He is the guy who is convinced your 10 years old when your real age is closer to 20.

*sorry just had to get that out of my system*

5. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    LOL!!! That fic sounds... different. I may read it, I may not.

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I guess all that shows is that Snape bats for the same team.

7. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

It actually pretty good.

Though the whole "downloading stuff to Harry's brain" is rather idiotic.
    There's no USB port on the back of Harry's brain is there? So that rules out USB, maybe they used some sort of wireless transfer? Maybe he has a firewire port hidden behind his ear?

And how the fuck did they decode the Human brain and be able to interface with it.

Heh. *explodes

8. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Eh, the link isn't working for me.

Does it work for anyone else, or is it just my stupid computer again....

9. Lorelei of the Sea

Lorelei of the Sea Unspeakable

http://www.fanfiction.net/~Ilikellamas

^The author's profile.

Shame, it seemed like an interesting fic.

10. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

Chapters 1-11 are available in the DLP.net Archives. Story has been removed from FF.net with the expectation it would be continued by swimdraconian, who has not updated the rewrite in over a year. Seems to be abandoned in favor of his own story, Circular Reasoning.

--bornagainpenguin

11. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

This story certainly doesn't follow the infamous Independent!Harry path, but that doesn't change the fact that its beginning is very formulaic.

We have Harry angsting as usual, then comes a very sudden and rushed turn-around. Harry starts working out, becomes friendly with whoever the Dursleys force him to work for, Harry's look becomes Superior in a very short time, and Harry learns Wandless Magic just because he believes he can. Add an especially bad shopping trip, Tattoos and a sudden willingness to become Prongs Jr., and we have quite a lot of fail on our hands.

The second part of the story is better, although not above average on the whole. I was mildly entertained, despite not being a fan of Amnesiac!Harry.

I would probably have rounded up, if not for my inability to forget that Harry has an iPod, listens to Linking Park and has mysteriously found a way for Electric stuff to work at Hogwarts.

2/5